Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ozonehostiles Blurple gti6.
Progress looks good Smile its a big PITA getting all the aircon pipes removed! Sad 
Thanks given by:
(12-05-2015, 10:15 PM)MY95 Wrote: Progress looks good Smile its a big PITA getting all the aircon pipes removed! Sad 

Yep, hence why I've been putting it off for over a year haha. 

Found another spot that fellow 306 owners should keep an eye on now that our cars are starting to get on a bit and having time to rust  next time you have the slam panel off poke a torch inside the the front chassis legs and see how clean they are on the inside. Found a bit of crust forming on mine so pumped them full of waxoil after a good blasting out with the airline and wire brush 
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
All the aircon parts on the engine side of the bulkhead are out, and where the pipes have been sat for years trapping dirt I've started stripping back and repainting the inner wings and bulkhead with the leftover nile paint from the sill repair. Really want to get the engine bay immaculate this year, I've already being eying up job lots of braided hose and anodised fittings haha 

[Image: IMG_20150517_162459_zpscyw3ei51.jpg]

Really need to get a move on to get ready for fcs, at the moment I'm just finding more stuff to do lmao 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good pile of scrap there mate.
Thanks given by:
(17-05-2015, 08:23 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Good pile of scrap there mate.

It was extremely satisfying removing the long section from across the bulkhead haha 

Might even get 10p for my trouble if I weigh it in lol 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeah lol, scrap is on it's arse at the moment, also you'd have to chop off all the steel bits to make the ally worth any money.
Thanks given by:
nother rust trap on a 306 to be aware of, the box section around the rear bump stops and under the bump stops themselves.  Mine weren't too bad but still took a fair bit of cleaning out with the belt sander to get rid of all the sagging old underseal. 

The original bump stop cups had corroded and started to spread from there it seems so I have my nice shiny new ones from spoox,  retapped the hole and have re-sealed the box Smile 

[Image: 20150519_200919_zpsgfbrkph0.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Day off work so spent a day at the unit Smile 

New bumpstops fitted and waxoil applied 
[Image: 20150520_115021_zpszuwmzdm0.jpg]
[Image: 20150520_123648_zpsgnjmxxve.jpg]

I've ran out of nile paint so the front crossmember and inner wings are going gloss black. Looks pretty tidy already tbf
[Image: 20150520_180237_zpsj7awf6s0.jpg]

Dug out my hybrid  rear anti roll bar to clean up and fit.  It's got a bit of surface rust forming from long term storage so sanded it all down, cleaned up the splines and put a coat of primer 
[Image: 20150520_163001_zpslexh2lh4.jpg]
[Image: 20150520_175200_zpsr5m7czfe.jpg]

The hybrid arb is 28.5mm, should be a nice improvement from the standard 24mm Big Grin
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Took the original arb out today, pleased to see the seals were nice and healthy and the tube still watertight since lowering 
[Image: 20150521_100336_zpsq1umcexl.jpg]

Cleaned up the end plates 
[Image: 20150521_120424_zpsngjh4nzl.jpg]

New arb fitted Smile
[Image: 20150521_132808_zpsui9hvcct.jpg]

Started stripping all the front of the block down for changing the aux bracket but that's tomorrow's job 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
nice...I had the opposite surprise when removing my ARB recently.

not enough time now to strip and paint it all! Sad
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 06:40 AM)Piggy Wrote: nice...I had the opposite surprise when removing my ARB recently.

not enough time now to strip and paint it all! Sad

Spend less time making gay videos and there will be plenty of time lol

I'll be over once ive had another budget squealer fitted to the megane Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Finally got around to fitting my rallye aux setup about a year after a I bought it. 

Inlet manifold off, inlet side of the head was beautifully clean! 
[Image: 20150522_115655_zps7sxljigl.jpg]

Got a bit carried away with cleaning and ended up stripping almost everything off the block lmao

Spent almost all afternoon sanding and polishing the alternator and pas pump as they looked really rough in comparison to the clean engine and powder coated brackets 
[Image: 20150522_131743_zpsufhksdwt.jpg]

New bracket and belt in place Smile 

[Image: 20150522_175325_zpspjyl615r.jpg]

Gave the injectors a real good clean and the inlet manifold a good scrub ready to reassemble tomorrow morning along with a ptfe gasket and a few other shineys I've got stashed away Wink 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
hope you painted the PAS and alternator... i polished mine up and they go crusty real quick

good work though fella!
Sure it will look ace Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2015, 09:35 PM)Piggy Wrote: hope you painted the PAS and alternator... i polished mine up and they go crusty real quick

good work though fella!
Sure it will look ace Smile

Yeah painted for that fresh clean look Smile 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Engine all back together with new gaskets and everything as clean as it's been since it was built lol. 

Thinking about fitting my oil cooler but not too keen on bodging the pipe for the original heat exchanger so might just leave that until I can get hold of the silicone sections I want 

[Image: 20150523_190121_zpsi6is8hbu.jpg]

Matt came over after recovering his rallye and got my exhaust tightened up properly with some new clamps 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
[/url]Got a few more bits done in my free time today:

dug out my oil cooler cleaned it up and made progress fitting, fist up finding a sandwich plate bolt long enough to accommodate the mocal thermostatic plate in addition to the oem heat exchanger.

Interestingly the bolt from an xud11 engine is almost the perfect length
[url=http://s1310.photobucket.com/user/ozonehostile/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150524_110122_zpsqazvzfl4.jpg.html]

[Image: 20150524_110122_zpsqazvzfl4.jpg]

[Image: 20150524_143814_zpssf7d94t1.jpg]

Got the new rad in place and reconnected , plus a pair of new 10" slimline fans all mounted up nicely
[Image: 20150524_155326_zpsugqz9zor.jpg]

gutted the original fan cowling out for the wiring loom so that the new fans will work exactly the same coming on high speed with the override and when the thermostat opens as it should, just need to find somewhere to mount the the relay box tidily now
[Image: 20150524_173332_zpsr0hhkykp.jpg]

soldered spade connectors onto the new wires so I can heat shrink them after installation for waterproofing
[Image: 20150524_173336_zpsiy16ok49.jpg]

Next up was fabricating some brackets to mount the oil cooler, cracked out the welder after making some brackets and got busy. Annoyingly ran out of gas half way through but the welds are solid enough for purpose so I'm happy
[Image: 20150524_190650_zpseefuuhiu.jpg]

The finished product Smile
[Image: 20150524_192914_zps0vu0k1yb.jpg]

Just spent half an hour or so cable tying all loose wiring and oil pipes so there's enough slack to account for engine movement but tight enough so nothings touching or rubbing.

Back to it in the morning!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
looks good...

where you get the pipes/hoses??

Think mine are too short
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2015, 09:49 PM)Piggy Wrote: looks good...

where you get the pipes/hoses??

Think mine are too short

Tbh I can't even remember anymore, had it for years to go on the dturbo but never fitted lol 

Found a much better home here I reckon Wink 

Proper stuff though, crimped on fittings etc so should have no worries about leaks. The overall length of hoses is about 1.5m iirc 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
They look shweet! I likely!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
looking good mate that sill repair looks quality.

btw that cooler was off my black 306 Wink

piggy the hoses came from jjc Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2015, 07:34 AM)ash23 Wrote: looking  good mate that sill repair looks quality.

btw that cooler was off my black 306 Wink

piggy the hoses came from jjc Smile

Ah that's right! I came up to see you when you were breaking the black dturbo a few years ago haha. 

The coolers been sat in a box ever since haha 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Zakk that looks quality much better than my effort Smile

Are 6 fans standard 12 ? also are your slimlines push or pull ? I had some on my charger and had to change to blades and terminal s
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2015, 09:21 AM)7057sam Wrote: Zakk that looks quality much better than my effort Smile

Are 6 fans standard 12 ? also are your slimlines push or pull ? I had some on my charger and had to change to blades and terminal s

Cheers dude Smile 

YYeah the standard fans are 12", I opted for twin 10" to give me a little bit more clearance for the cooler but should still be better than standard without the fan cowling or air conditioning rad in the way of air flow 

The new fans are pull through and from testing seem to shift a fair amount of air with 2x 80w motors 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Are you sure they are 10" fans, they look tiny!!

Good work on the oil cooler though, it looks good there.
Thanks given by:
erm...am I wrong in thinking they need to blow/push and not pull?

otherwise you be pulling hot air from the engine through the rad and then trying to throw it out against the incoming flow of air from the front of the car!?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-05-2015, 11:42 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Are you sure they are 10" fans, they look tiny!!

Good work on the oil cooler though, it looks good there.

Yeah man definitely 10"  might just be the picture angle or something 

(25-05-2015, 11:56 AM)Piggy Wrote: erm...am I wrong in thinking they need to blow/push and not pull?

otherwise you be pulling hot air from the engine through the rad and then trying to throw it out against the incoming flow of air from the front of the car!?

They turn in the same direction as the oem fans, same blade angles not sure if that's push or pull now without looking aha 
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
They push sir Smile

Exhaust fitting is 1million times better with new clamps and with it all tucked up that bit tighter and level Big Grin i adore the attention to detail with this car! shame i cant apply the same logic to my own that i manage too with zakks lol

Cooler looks good, i'll have to make myself free this evening for a nosey seeing as its tuesday Wink
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
(26-05-2015, 08:53 AM)Matt-Rallye Wrote: They push sir Smile

Exhaust fitting is 1million times better with new clamps and with it all tucked up that bit tighter and level Big Grin i adore the attention to detail with this car! shame i cant apply the same logic to my own that i manage too with zakks lol

Cooler looks good, i'll have to make myself free this evening for a nosey seeing as its tuesday Wink

Excellent sir, although we may need to take the exhaust off again as I have a rose jointed quick shift that needs fitting Wink 

TTook the gear linkages off yesterday to adjust them to the correct measurements now that I know them, the two short ones were almost 10mm out lol 

Gear changes are like loading a well oiled rifle now Big Grin 

Oh and now that you're my workshop neighbour the rallye(s) will be receiving all of the sir treatment Wink
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Some of you on Facebook might have seen I've had an electrical problem since putting the engine back together  basically with the battery connected it was forming a dead short and burning through the cables, spent all day taking it apart again and checking everything with a multi meter, really weird issues as in some places there was continuity in the loom then two seconds later it would be a dead short again. 

Anyway, it ended up being a break in the loom between the starter motor and alternator so that was replaced with the spare off my other engine and all is well again. Just got a lot to refit before fcs next week lol 

[Image: IMG_20150531_203827_zpsrnwiny10.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Made a start at reassembling the 6 before work thus morning, sideskirts back on, piece of piss with the new nutserts, can't recommend doing this mod enough haha.  Also an added bonus I found a bag of genuine Peugeot side skirt clips buried in my mystery box of trim pieces, result! 

Front bumper also went back on with some reinforcement to the bracket things on the bottom so it sits perfect to the line of the wings and grill now, also some tweaking to the white mounts on the sides to get it perfectly level as it was on the piss slightly before. 

Oil cooler looking good behind the grill, right in the air flow, also waterproofed the connectors on the new fan loom. 
They're push btw piggy, had a quick test with the battery reconnected. 

Oh, and I took the resonator box off the inlet to see what the difference is and blanked the hole off with a cnc machined bung. If I don't like it only takes a few minutes to put the box back on Smile 

[Image: IMG_20150601_141810_zpsmefxhx7f.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by: