Posting large items

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting large items
I meant 30p ha ha!

Thanks given by:
It's 30p cheaper to drop it off to the parcelshop on all four of the price bands.

I do that for a few reasons - firstly, means the person receives the package quicker, secondly means I don't need to wait in for someone to collect, and thirdly I go within half a mile of the drop off place on my way to work each morning.

I use them for most things these days that I would have historically used Royal Mail for before their pricing went stupid a few years back, and - touch wood - I've had very little problems with them, just a single parcel that someone on eBay claimed hadn't been delivered but the tracking said had been. Never had anything damaged but then I do tend to over-do it with packaging to ensure they're well protected in transit.

The only things I don't use them for is anything heavy or valueable which I send using UPS who have always been spot-on, just uncompetitive on price for smaller parcels.

FFS I cursed myself well and truly - literally five minutes after writing that reply I had a message from someone saying that Hermes had apparently left the parcel I'd sent them in the porch... only seemingly not their porch, and thus the parcel has gone AWOL.

*sigh*
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
iv also never had any problems with hermes but iv sent some big items by shiply
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2014, 02:35 PM)jayspug86 Wrote: iv also never had any problems with hermes but iv sent some big items by shiply

After Shiply ripped me off £40 I would strongly recommend no one uses them bunch of bell ends!!

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Posting Overseas Matt 17 12,199 28-09-2018, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  Thread of fails...small and large... Piggy 30 8,288 23-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: procta
  Cheap courier for a large box 15 kilo'ish Redordead89 14 1,783 12-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Last Post: Matt