Posting large items

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting large items
So need to find a courier to post large/ heavy items as I'm breaking the 205.

Can people recommend a courier or websites I can get the best price/services

Will be posting body panels bumpers etc

Thanks given by:
To parcelled.com is quite a good comparison site I have used it a few times
Thanks given by:
Parcel 2 go yo
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
P2G for me as well! Though check postage before agreeing prices, posting panels often costs more than the panel itself!
Thanks given by:
Will try parcel to go guys thanks Smile

Thanks given by:
P2G ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
MyHermes has never let me down, send a parcel nearly every week
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'll be sending all the bits out from the v6 coupe via parcel2go
Thanks given by:
Again another for myHermes, cheap (not as cheap as they used to be) and never had complaints from people not receiving
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I would rather shit on my own chest than use myherpes. When breaking the diablo, I sent 10 parcels with them all at different times to different places. 7 didn't arrive or arrived severely damaged. Useless bastards.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Parcel 2 go is decent also use paisley freight
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Myhermes are usless cnuts
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 10:16 PM)Niall Wrote: I would rather shit on my own chest than use myherpes. When breaking the diablo, I sent 10 parcels with them all at different times to different places. 7 didn't arrive or arrived severely damaged. Useless bastards.

Sounds like you should've used better packaging tbh! Tongue lol

I've sent hundreds of parcels via various couriers and have only had one issue with Hermes - a parcel collection which wasn't signed off properly (human error, and we all make mistakes). Had many more problems with Yodel!!
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 10:26 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(10-03-2014, 10:16 PM)Niall Wrote: I would rather shit on my own chest than use myherpes. When breaking the diablo, I sent 10 parcels with them all at different times to different places. 7 didn't arrive or arrived severely damaged. Useless bastards.

I've sent hundreds of parcels via various couriers and have only had one issue with Hermes - a parcel collection which wasn't signed off properly (human error, and we all make mistakes). Had many more problems with Yodel!!

These parcels wer wrapped stupidly well. One box was actually ripped in half and you could actually see where it had been smashed into something.
Yodel are just as bad lol
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote:

These parcels wer wrapped stupidly well. One box was actually ripped in half and you could actually see where it had been smashed into something.

Yeah, I remember you saying about it before lol. Must be something to do with the London sorting office imo though!
Thanks given by:
if you are sending bonnets and bumpers try senditnow.com far cheaper than p2g for bigger items and 2 day delivery max and there always prompt.

if you want heavy items but are not big try parcelmonkey buddy.

p2g is good dont get me wrong for small or 15-20kg parcels but customers services are shit when something goes wrong.

then if you have engines etc try postagesupermarket, interparcel to name a few (have a few ill have look in book for long distance or abroad parcels)

depends how many you are after?

if you have anything specific to send you want sending cheap buddy let me know as i send parcels everyday so should be able to find someone to send it for you Smile

hope this helps
Thanks given by:
I've never had issue sending parcels with my Hermes before have had issues were they left a parcel on my drive in clear view of any one passing! But I always send them signed for, any way they have a limit on size so don't think I will be able to send body panels with them.

Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 10:28 PM)Niall Wrote:

Not to double post but you do know Yodel actually is myhermes dont you?

They collect myhermes parcels is least busy periods, sort and send them, or used to out my way dont know how relevant it is for your area.

If i remember rightly they are the cheaper version of Yodel, think it was to gain more of the market and be quicker delievery than Collect+

(10-03-2014, 11:04 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: I've never had issue sending parcels with my Hermes before have had issues were they left a parcel on my drive in clear view of any one passing! But I always send them signed for, any way they have a limit on size so don't think I will be able to send body panels with them.

Look up a post mate, may help you Smile
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2014, 09:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: MyHermes has never let me down, send a parcel nearly every week

I use them 90% of the time, he comes before 8am every morning! Misses gets the door most times. I do think he has the hots for her tho the dirty fuka :O
Thanks given by:
I use DX & Parcelforce via work..
Dx for private address is £11.50 & £5:60 work address any size any weight upto 100KG Then I have the pallet option £15-18.
Parcelforce is £5:41 any weight upto 45KG Any size..
Hate the place but love the perks when breaking cars which I'm always doing.. Big Grin
Chris.
Thanks given by:
Never had a problem with MyHermes BUT, how they operate is downright criminal. They pay around 50p per delivery (that includes however many attempts it takes to get someone in) so are not paying a living wage. They target unemployed people who can sit around all day to receive their parcel drop, or be available to deliver at a particular time. This means no income tax is being paid, and undeclared income on the side constitutes benefit fraud. Added to this, there is also no way at these rates that the required courier insurance is being paid, which makes the delivery ILLEGAL. Also if said unemployed uninsured delivery person can't work that day for whatever reason, it is their responsibility to find someone to stand in, so f*ck knows who the guy handling your parcel actually is. People can moan about post office prices, but at least the postie isn't committing benefit fraud, insurance fraud, dodging taxes and turn up in clothes he hasn't washed for a week stinking of piss and booze.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
I use parcel2go but i dont mean to sound stuck up but i generally use UPS through them or some other good named courier, i use Uk Mail alot aswell for smaller bits (ipostparcels.com). Never had an issue.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
So at 50p a delivery they would have to deliver 13 parcels an hour to get a £6.50 earning. owch
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 10:07 PM)ally406 Wrote: Never had a problem with MyHermes BUT, how they operate is downright criminal. They pay around 50p per delivery (that includes however many attempts it takes to get someone in) so are not paying a living wage. They target unemployed people who can sit around all day to receive their parcel drop, or be available to deliver at a particular time. This means no income tax is being paid, and undeclared income on the side constitutes benefit fraud. Added to this, there is also no way at these rates that the required courier insurance is being paid, which makes the delivery ILLEGAL. Also if said unemployed uninsured delivery person can't work that day for whatever reason, it is their responsibility to find someone to stand in, so f*ck knows who the guy handling your parcel actually is. People can moan about post office prices, but at least the postie isn't committing benefit fraud, insurance fraud, dodging taxes and turn up in clothes he hasn't washed for a week stinking of piss and booze.

Not every one that works for them does benefit fraud, my father in law, worked for them once as you said the pay isn't great he couldn't make it pay because he was running around in a 1.8 vectra but there was loads of people working there that had done it for years and was there main income perfect for stay at home mums etc with it being flexible hours. I see your point tho but you carnt treat it as every one working there is a criminal Wink

Thanks given by:
I think you are treading on fragile ground saying they are criminals. (Myhermes)
My guy started in a astra van, now has a 57 plate transit and does a cracking job.

If the person sending it has done the job well and found out where the receiver has a safe place, then they only need to deliver once. So he knows the safe place to collect and deliver mine.
Which is also handy, as my local post office have odd opening times and myhermes picks up my parcel from my home when Im not even there.
Under 2kg post office are ok...over that, the prices are criminal.

Myhermes have damaged two items I sent/recieved...only slightly mind. Both times I got full compensation for the cost of sending it and the cost of the item. Over £50 each time.

Never has an item gone "astray" with myhermes. In the last 18months I can say I have lost or not received at least half a dozen items via 'royal' mail.

Only downside for me is time, takes 4/5days average
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you have a local drop in shop (my local is 12 miles away tbf lol) then its only 2 days and cheaper still....
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 11:47 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If you have a local drop in shop (my local is 12 miles away tbf lol) then its only 2 days and cheaper still....

I havent noticed that big of a difference in price, and its always easier to just leave it outside the night before and not have to worry about it :p
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Yeah this ^^^^

10p cheaper on most of what I send....cost that in derv to drive to the end of my lane and back...let alone drop off point
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
£30 cheaper for dropping mine off and it's walking distance from my house that's why I like posting via Hermes saves alot of messing waiting around.

Thanks given by:
£30 cheaper?!?!

I didnt know Myhermes had a price that went that high?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Posting Overseas Matt 17 12,145 28-09-2018, 06:14 AM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  Thread of fails...small and large... Piggy 30 8,240 23-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Last Post: procta
  Cheap courier for a large box 15 kilo'ish Redordead89 14 1,776 12-11-2015, 12:28 AM
Last Post: Matt