Waste veg oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waste veg oil
I've managed to get hold of some used veg oil. Was wondering if there's any thing else I should do to treat it apart from filtering it a load of times.
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
the way i did it was to filter it (old tshirt) and then let it sit for a month so the water seperates (if any) exract the water and use the oil Wink
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I really want to use it tomorrow! Haha

Thanks given by:
Buy these,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3X28-50-10-1-M...2a38862edd

Leave oil to sit for ideally a month, this will seperate the heavy fats, water etc, then filter to one micron, dont pour in the heavy fats to the socks or it clogs em quickly, to clean em, stick in dishwasher and leave to dry for a week Big Grin

These bags are class, ive washed mine loads and still going strong,

Cheers
Thanks given by:
I've never let mine settle never had an issue just filter and straight in car but your supposed to leave it to settle lol

Thanks given by:
Filter and use. Take a picture if you need some advice, you can normally tell what the oils going to be like just by looking at it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Whats been cooked in it Ben? Is it likely to be fatty if so let it settle as if the heavy fats separate out in your tank you'll clog lines quick. As it settles youll get 3 layers, water oil and fat and you only want the oil layer then filter this. To what level you filter it is down to how much you like changine fuel filters but if it were me I'd be using matts pikey t shirt method
Thanks given by:
The lazy method: add 20% misfuel, leave for 24 hours, pour clean fuel off top into tank Big Grin

Everyone has their own method, but it usually consists of some sort of heating, settling, draining the crud off and then final filtering (usually to 1 or 5 micron). No need to "filter loads of times", gravity is your friend, all of the water and heavy fats wll seperate to the bottom of the container given time. If you can get some misfuel it will greatly reduce your work, accelerate seperation and improve the quality and yield of your fuel.
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
^^^ And misfuel makes it easier to start when its cold too
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 07:45 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Whats been cooked in it Ben? Is it likely to be fatty if so let it settle as if the heavy fats separate out in your tank you'll clog lines quick. As it settles youll get 3 layers, water oil and fat and you only want the oil layer then filter this. To what level you filter it is down to how much you like changine fuel filters but if it were me I'd be using matts pikey t shirt method

I'm working in the kitchen in a weatherspoons. So every thing that's cooked there has been fried! I Drained the oil out the fryers this morning and "put the oil outside to be collected"....

Thanks given by:
fryer oil is the best, very little heavy fats etc in my experience, as said above, ideally to run 100% you wanna filter to 1 micron, otherwise you'll need to change filters all the time, plus she wont pull cleanly up past like 2.5k revs it starts bogging down and lagging
Thanks given by:
Fryer oil is great as long as they change it regularly and dont fry lots of meat in it.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(11-03-2014, 11:02 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: I'm working in the kitchen in a weatherspoons. So every thing that's cooked there has been fried! I Drained the oil out the fryers this morning and "put the oil outside to be collected"....

The company that deliver the fresh oil usually pay for the old oil, so your manager might notice and the company might start complaining and refuse to deliver fresh oil - which might get you in trouble.
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 10:19 AM)r3k1355 Wrote:
(11-03-2014, 11:02 PM)Ben Jay Wrote: I'm working in the kitchen in a weatherspoons. So every thing that's cooked there has been fried! I Drained the oil out the fryers this morning and "put the oil outside to be collected"....

The company that deliver the fresh oil usually pay for the old oil, so your manager might notice and the company might start complaining and refuse to deliver fresh oil - which might get you in trouble.

we drained 30+ litres of it. filled a spare container with water Tongue

Thanks given by:
Anyone got a link to that waste collection notice thing?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 10:20 AM)Ben Jay Wrote:

we drained 30+ litres of it. filled a spare container with water Tongue

lmao there gonna be happy when they boil it off for the bio Wink

Thanks given by:

Used to be the way, may find that the company now has to pay for the disposal now.

Used to be the same for other waste, but legislation made it all flip on its head
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Seems to change alot.

I remember not too long ago a piece in the news about people going around stealing the WVO from the back of places.
IIRC the large fast food restaurants were storing it in large tanks out back, people were just driving round in a van and pumping them dry.
Then making bio and clearing a tidy profit.
Thanks given by:
(12-03-2014, 01:54 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: IIRC the large fast food restaurants were storing it in large tanks out back, people were just driving round in a van and pumping them dry.
Then making bio and clearing a tidy profit.

Yeah when I worked in McDonalds we had a 55gal drum in the back yard that it got poured into. Not sure it would of made great bio as it was totally open to the elements as there was no cap.

I am tempted to try and pump out the waste cooking oil disposal at the local tip for some free fuel but as its technically theft I wont.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Getting into waste management careers? rtha6551 5 1,732 16-09-2013, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Jonny b
  what an utter f*cking waste of time stevieg 10 2,104 26-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Last Post: spike2002