Unexpected surprises

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unexpected surprises
Went down the garage to finish taking the engine out of the Cherry dt ready for it to be scraped. (Only want it for the hdi rods)

Anyway I come to take the wheel off to find something not original.

The breaks! Got a nice set of 283 gti6 callipers with almost new discs and pads! Will got nicely with the gti master cylinder I have! WIN WIN

Anyone else had any unexpected surprises on there car without knowing you had it or them?
Thanks given by:
A spare wheel! But valve came out when come to use it.

Best was finding about £20 change in a corsa and about €15 :-) after that car only owed me about £165.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
16 locking wheel nut keys for vw, bmw and mercs, which was quite worrying tbh :S
and £50 under the passenger seat
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I found a blue point torque wrench in the boot of a car i paid 300quid for, went on ebay and those torque wrenchs were selling for almost 100quid!! Also found multiple spanners and sockets in that car lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2014, 07:32 PM)sam Wrote: 16 locking wheel nut keys for vw, bmw and mercs, which was quite worrying tbh :S
and £50 under the passenger seat

£50? Nice one

I found parts that should of been on the car in the boot the once! Which was worrying really!
Thanks given by:
found a hidden CD behind the dash (on top of the HU) in my first AxGti, still have it as well, semisonics ftw

other than that i bought some standard 4 stud kit for my track car, had to get the saxo top mounts off to change springs/dampers but they were seized, got the hacksaw out on the damper rod, no problem, got the insert out, and here goes... they turned out to be tarmac Bilsteins Sad
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
Just a very poor cd in the cd player for me
Thanks given by:
(01-03-2014, 08:20 PM)j_carter Wrote: Just a very poor cd in the cd player for me

Always a shit cd never anything good.
Mine came with abba gold!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Somebody on the 205 forum found a used jonny in the back pocket of the drivers seat.
Thanks given by:
I once found 5 CDs when removing a centre console lol...they were all crap though!

Found a couple of bank cards in the Golf I broke, but they were out of date by about 5 years lol.
Thanks given by:
I bought a 106 for my little brother some years ago from this really fat lady. She use to use to deliver Chinese food for the local takeaway, anyway I found a fork in the glovebox! The fattie must have been eating parts of the food she had been delivering!

I've been keeping the estate at work at the moment and last week I went to move it and I heard this weird sound from the engine bay, I opened the bonnet to find loads of nuts all over the engine cover. The squirrels from the woods next to my work must have thought that to be a good place to stash there hoard.
Thanks given by:
Took the Kia into the garage to have a look at the headlights still not working properly. Got the car back and put my ladders in the back and found several snap on 1/4 sockets. They would of got them back but they were a bunch of lady gardens so they are now in my tool box Big Grin
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I found a crack spoon under the rear seats of my old 6

Then when I changed the gear linkage on the focus found a shit ton of weed,rest of the day/week was abit of a blur lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 11:57 AM)7057sam Wrote: I found a crack spoon under the rear seats of my old 6

Then when I changed the gear linkage on the focus found a shit ton of weed,rest of the day/week was abit of a blur lol

Bet the last owner was gutted Tongue
Thanks given by:
I found a large bag of coke behind the radio in my mate's metro a few years back. Hmm
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Heard people finding drugs In there car but wouldn't that be the first thing people would remove? Then the de icer from last year and all the shit out the boot?
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I remember my dad buying a van and finding a projector in there
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I would have thought so Danny, i certainly would have done. Was a big old bag too, a fair few grams. I seem to remember he bought it off the parents of some guy that had gone to uni, guy was must have been raging when he found out, was worth more than my mate paid for the car. Rofl
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(01-03-2014, 07:23 PM)underground375 Wrote: Anyone else had any unexpected surprises on there car

I came home from work one day and mine had driven itself halfway down the road whilst I was out. That count? lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Found a 13mm ratchet spanner in the door pocket of a clio once.

You have no idea how many times i have been thankfull for that lol
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
e rallye had £12 in pound coins, a multi pack of chewing gum, some screwdrivers, snips, loads of h4 bulbs and a 50 cent cd.... I was quite amused that it was all in the glovebox, the only storage space in a stripped out 106 lol.

Other cars I've found a leather man multitool thing, Enough diablo touch up pens to paint a car and am I the only person who has found Kfc freshen up wipes in the glovebox of every Peugeot I've ever had haha
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Brother picked up a Ax th eother day and found two un used condoms under the driver seat! Worrying thing was they where two years out of date! :O

My last Clio mrk1 I found a 16mm spanner under the front passenger carpet!
Thanks given by:
When I got the Audi 80, I found a pair of nearly new Timberland boots in the spare wheel well, got £60 on eBay for them Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Some KFC wrappers and a snapon flat head screwdriver.

Also my 1.8 came with the special more powerful green ecu... like fook it did.
Thanks given by:
My bro found £5k in a carrier bag behind the door card of a saab 900 turbo he bought at auction. Dickhead handed it into the police and everything.
Thanks given by:
Definite drug money there!
Although I was told they preferred the Saab convertibles?
Thanks given by:
Just found a cigarette in mine..... Pretty shit really.
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2014, 07:47 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Heard people finding drugs In there car but wouldn't that be the first thing people would remove? Then the de icer from last year and all the shit out the boot?

I found a pair of prescription glasses in mine when I bought it....the guy emailed and asked to return them....2 days later! Would think they were kinda useful and not something to forget lol!
Thanks given by:
Found half a slice of pizza in the blaze dturbo, tasted amazing!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
There was a fuckton of tobacco (like enough for a few large golden virginia pouches) in the estate when I got it. Don't think Ive had less than a fiver in change out of a car for a long time.

Best was buying an ex-display head unit and finding Nero-Welcome Reality in there Big Grin

(02-03-2014, 07:47 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Heard people finding drugs In there car but wouldn't that be the first thing people would remove?
Nah, probably o high they forgot where theyd hidden them.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MOT Surprises bigcheez2k3 4 1,216 04-09-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: ginge191