Running veg oil

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running veg oil
Basically the next 306 I get and other halfs 205 I want to run on veg oil. Tips tricks and risks involved?
Also legality issues. I'm sure you can use certain amount before paying tax.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
2,500 liters be for tax needs to be paid keep a diary to show how much you have used. Make sure both cars got Bosch pumps keep spare Fuel filters in boot. And get ready for air ingress in to the Fuel.

Thanks given by:
have a search mate? there's loads of threads about it, basically any one house can use 2500 litres tax free in each 12 month rolling period, you'll need a Bosch fuel pump and it sometimes perishes seals but not too hard to replace usually . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've had several search's but all info is not in one place. The other half has a Bosch I'll have to fit one to the 306. What seals tend to blow in the pump. Any prevention methods? Also air leak into the pump due to seals going down I assume.
You say keep a note of what your using but do you have to inform anyone?
Running in winter I've heard different things like put petrol in diesel in and 2 stroke.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
I've run 100% veg with a tiny splash of 2-stroke all through winter with no issues. A bit lumpy on start up but otherwise fine. Some people have trouble and recommend mixing petrol or diesel in but I've never had to.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
mythsmythsmyths.

I see a 405 estate everyday that runs a Lucas pump and has ran veggie oil straight for about 4 years now. Runs perfectly.
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 11:42 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: mythsmythsmyths.

I see a 405 estate everyday that runs a Lucas pump and has ran veggie oil straight for about 4 years now. Runs perfectly.

Risksrisksrisks

I have, for the fun of it, tried two lucas pumps....one lasted about 3miles, the other about 100.

Bit of derv or even better, petrol, in the mix to thin it down makes a huge difference
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 09:17 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: I've had several search's but all info is not in one place. The other half has a Bosch I'll have to fit one to the 306. What seals tend to blow in the pump. Any prevention methods? Also air leak into the pump due to seals going down I assume.
You say keep a note of what your using but do you have to inform anyone?
Running in winter I've heard different things like put petrol in diesel in and 2 stroke.

No you don't have to inform no one, just keep a diary just in case you get pulled about it, or your in a vorsa stop check and they dip your tank, I've mixed mine with petrol over winter helped with thinning it out, but now it's warming up abit I'm backing of the the petrol and it's been ok so far. Air can get in on several places, fuel filter housing, worn seals on pumps, lose/cracked fuel pipes, Fuel grenade. You will no if your getting air in once you start running it Wink

Thanks given by:
So im gonna need a Bosch pump. Lucas to Bosch conversion here i come. I cant seem to find one with the right pump on ill just have a swap. Its not end of world.

Also air getting in sounds like great fun :/
Thanks given by:
It is great fun can be a right pain but worth it for the savings you make on fuel Wink

Thanks given by:
I've got a Bosch pump/lines/injectors off a NAD 205 if it's of any use?
Thanks given by:
I havnt got my motor yet still looking. If i need it ill bare you in mind if i meed bits.
Thanks given by:
I thought it was your other half who's got the 205?!
Thanks given by:
Yeah it is but she already has correct pump. Bits may be interchangeable i was gonna pop on service box a look through part numbers to confirm.
Thanks given by:
Is your 306 turbo or not?
If it's NAD should fit no problem
Thanks given by:
Im looking for a turbo diesel one to be fair.
Thanks given by:
Whoops my bad should of read you were looking for one
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 11:47 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(25-02-2014, 11:42 PM)ADV_93 Wrote: mythsmythsmyths.

Risksrisksrisks

I have, for the fun of it, tried two lucas pumps....one lasted about 3miles, the other about 100.

Bit of derv or even better, petrol, in the mix to thin it down makes a huge difference

Absolutely! I thought he was joking when he said he ran it straight, but then i saw him filling it up! A lot of people say they've ran lucas and it's usually under 100 miles then the pumps die. It's usually when the veggie oil acts as a detergent and causes the seals the leak...

I have a lucas and don't really wanna run the risk of running veggie oil, just in case...
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I'd be the same to be fair I wanna know I'm going to make it to where I'm driving wouldn't want the risk
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 11:20 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I've run 100% veg with a tiny splash of 2-stroke all through winter with no issues. A bit lumpy on start up but otherwise fine. Some people have trouble and recommend mixing petrol or diesel in but I've never had to.

Back running veg yesterday, invest in some air fresheners lol
Thanks given by:
I believe its 2,500 litres per person of a household. Was on moneysupermarket. I run straight no 2 stroke or anything and other than shitty idling when cold only takes afew mins to clear up. Smells nicer than diesel fumes also
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Right im viewing a car this weekend but it has a lucas pump on. I know i need to convert it to Bosch. Just as simple as removing old pump putting new one and doing the dammed glow plug behind the pump while im at it.
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 07:07 AM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: Right im viewing a car this weekend but it has a lucas pump on. I know i need to convert it to Bosch. Just as simple as removing old pump putting new one and doing the dammed glow plug behind the pump while im at it.

Basically yer, bang a Bosch on it fill her up with Veg Oil and wait for the air ingress Wink

Thanks given by:
Sweet.
Thanks given by:
Keep spare Fuel filters in boot just incase they tend to get blocked fairly quick when you first start running them on Veg.

Thanks given by:
Will do I'll buy a few my motor factors owes me anyway
Thanks given by:
Also just had a thought for cold mornings might get a friend to latch me out a block that I can wire a glow plug to. Run it in the fuel line close to pump so potentially waxed oil becomes liquid before entering pump

*lathe
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 09:48 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: Also just had a thought for cold mornings might get a friend to latch me out a block that I can wire a glow plug to. Run it in the fuel line close to pump so potentially waxed oil becomes liquid before entering pump

*lathe

You can buy these off eBay, personally wouldn't bother tho, the 306 Fule filter housing has a heater under it that gets warmer with the coolant, in winter months just mix 10% petrol and it will be fine.

Thanks given by:
Fair enough I was in aware such things existed. I'm buzzing to view 306 tomorrow
Thanks given by:
(28-02-2014, 09:55 PM)tombarnard1989 Wrote: Fair enough I was in aware such things existed. I'm buzzing to view 306 tomorrow

There's a little mod you can do to the fuel filter housing that means the Fule will be heated constantly, not got the link to hand but if you search this forum should be able to find it.

Thanks given by: