noob

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
noob
Hi all.

Newbie to the forum, but not so much to Peugeot, had a 309 around 14 years ago for a few years and currently own a 306 cab I've had for several years now. On the lookout for a 306 gti6 so I've been browsing the forums more lately and thought I'd join Blush
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum

306gti6.com is good place to start, aswell as this place as well lol

Should be able to get a ready good deal this time of the year.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Cheers Itwasntme I've been looking on there too! My main downfall is my location when it comes to these things, I'm all the way down in Cornwall! Don't mind travelling, but I have had wasted journies in the past so like to get a really good idea what I'm off to see before I go. How some people can use words like immaculate and excellent to describe some complete sheds beats me!
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 08:12 PM)bad2vbone Wrote: Cheers Itwasntme I've been looking on there too! My main downfall is my location when it comes to these things, I'm all the way down in Cornwall! Don't mind travelling, but I have had wasted journies in the past so like to get a really good idea what I'm off to see before I go. How some people can use words like immaculate and excellent to describe some complete sheds beats me!

God tell me about it !!

Recently been sold a 'good running engine'for it to me completely f*cked Angrybottom ends completely gone so is head.
Ebay and gumtree always seems to be stuff your way, ill keep my eyes peeled Smile
Thanks given by:
Just last weekend I went to see an "excellent" 206cc (for my partner)... front wing full of filler, badly fitting bonnet, light, etc. Luckily was in my local town.
Later that day did a 50mile round trip for a "beautiful" & "one for a collector" 9-3. Maybe it was if it was a collector of keyed cars who kept fish in the boot and liked metal patchwork for floor pans!
Finally Wednesday, 150 mile round trip. 206cc "50k miles, FSH, vgc" had 62k, receipts for 2 oil changes and 1 recovery, dent, scrape or scuff on every panel!
Decided I must grill people more on the phone first in future! Grr! Dodgy
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 08:41 PM)bad2vbone Wrote: Just last weekend I went to see an "excellent" 206cc (for my partner)... front wing full of filler, badly fitting bonnet, light, etc. Luckily was in my local town.
Later that day did a 50mile round trip for a "beautiful" & "one for a collector" 9-3. Maybe it was if it was a collector of keyed cars who kept fish in the boot and liked metal patchwork for floor pans!
Finally Wednesday, 150 mile round trip. 206cc "50k miles, FSH, vgc" had 62k, receipts for 2 oil changes and 1 recovery, dent, scrape or scuff on every panel!
Decided I must grill people more on the phone first in future! Grr! Dodgy

I think with a 306 more or less they's quite a few small things wrong but you can kinda put one side knowing they fixable etc.

But yeah people that out right liar to get a sale Angry:

The small time dealers round our way really bad for this.
Thanks given by:
I'm in no rush so hoping to get something straight with tidy paintwork. Don't mind a few jobs like brakes, bushes or maybe the odd electrical gremlin as long as the shell and motor are good.

Your spare engine for 'just in case' or have you got a build lined up for it?
Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 09:56 AM)bad2vbone Wrote: I'm in no rush so hoping to get something straight with tidy paintwork. Don't mind a few jobs like brakes, bushes or maybe the odd electrical gremlin as long as the shell and motor are good.

Your spare engine for 'just in case' or have you got a build lined up for it?

Yeah ideally look for head gasket replacement s on full re build as I personally think as time goes on these are ticking time bombs
Thanks given by:
I've noticed several adverts stating engine rebuilds or replacement engine. I took it these were down to snapped cam belts, are there other faults these are prone to then?
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
cheers Smile
Thanks given by:
Need to get up to 20 posts, spied some goodies for sale!
Thanks given by:
Welcome along mate, get some pics up when you can, both of the 306 and the 309. Wink

I'm glad to see you're making your posts count in order to make it to 20, a lot of people just spam "welcome" in a load of Newbies threads. Dodgy They soon get bumped back down though, and you're almost there anyway. Big Grin

I to have issues with my location, theres not a lot of members near me, and the local scrappys aren't even worth ringing anymore...but we muddle on regardless! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hmm I need to give the cab a REALLY good clean before I take some pics. The roof has gone quite green with algie/mould/minge! Its just boggo ATM. I owe it a good clean though, I've owned it a good 3 years now, it's been very good to me.

The 309 is unfortunately long gone. For all I know it could be sat in your kitchen with a Hotpoint or Beko badge on it now! Got some piccies home somewhere though so I'll upload them sometime!
I'd love one now. Not sure what I'd think of one now, it'd probably feel a bit tinny! I had Avo coilovers on mine, torsion bar wouldn't budge so never got round to fitting the rear shocks, hence why I've still got them!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  noob here jetfire1383 3 1,004 21-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
Smile I'm not a noob yet. cheapo 28 6,055 16-09-2015, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Redordead89
  Noob with a 306 turbomad 3 1,257 09-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Last Post: turbomad