Smile 
Hello  I haven't bought a Pug yet
But I shall buy one tomorrow! Cheap !!!

Itwasntme

If it's cheap . . . .
WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by:
iT'S CHEAP !!

I've bought a £9 one way train ticket to get over there.
The car's a '98 306 D. The lady advertised it as 15,700 miles on the clock with MOT till mid Dec, so I assume it's 115,700. That's not bad for £250.

(2018 edit) Dammit! Photobucket want money to show my pics!!! Itwasntme

It's pretty ironic that it came up, as I had only recently started looking for a car, because my mountain bike threw me down the path this very morning!  Angry Took the skin of one palm and pi55ed me off no end.
 I've been cycling/bussing to work for 15 months now without incident (after an expensive, for me anyway, Vauxhall failure ). So I think me bike was sulking.

Newly uploaded pic.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
I'll bet that's 157,000 miles...

Good luck with it. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 07:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'll bet that's 157,000 miles...

Good luck with it. Big Grin

Hah! Could be, but 40000 doesn't make much diffy to these cars now does it?  Sleepy
Thanks given by:
Not really, mileage is irrelevant if it's been looked after! Smile The bumpers hanging off though... lol And I'm not sure that's a '98 either, don't usually get full phase 3s until '99...
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 07:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not really, mileage is irrelevant if it's been looked after! Smile  The bumpers hanging off though... lol

Rose coloured cheap glasses here mate. I'll take some gaffer tape, silver colour.

(12-09-2015, 07:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote:  And I'm not sure that's a '98 either, don't usually get full phase 3s until '99...

Is that some kind of facelift version?
Thanks given by:
your in Exeter as i am ATM untill i leave work

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 08:59 PM)cully Wrote: your in Exeter as i am ATM untill i leave work

ATM? Ah, so you're the one in the ATM that handed out the cash for me to buy this car!!  Confused
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 07:56 PM)cheapo Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 07:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Not really, mileage is irrelevant if it's been looked after! Smile  The bumpers hanging off though... lol

Rose coloured cheap glasses here mate. I'll take some gaffer tape, silver colour.

(12-09-2015, 07:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote:  And I'm not sure that's a '98 either, don't usually get full phase 3s until '99...

Yeah, colour coded bumpers, round fog lights and crystal clear headlights amongst other things.
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 09:13 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 07:56 PM)cheapo Wrote:

Yeah, colour coded bumpers, round fog lights and crystal clear headlights amongst other things.

Cor! Do I get all them too?? Woohoo!  Round fog lamps? ninja

(12-09-2015, 07:54 PM)Toms306 Wrote:  don't usually get full phase 3s until '99...

You're right. ThumbsUp  I typed the reg into Euro Car Parts website ant it comes up with 1999.
Thanks given by:
You'd be surprised how much nicer the round fog lamps are compared to the D shaped ones. Wink

But in all seriousness, there are a lot of changes in the phase 3s, both internally and externally, they don't rust as bad as the phase 2s either. I've always preferred ph3 myself...owned about 14 of them, and only one ph2. lol
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 09:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You'd be surprised how much nicer the round fog lamps are compared to the D shaped ones. Wink

But in all seriousness, there are a lot of changes in the phase 3s, both internally and externally, they don't rust as bad as the phase 2s either.  I've always preferred ph3 myself...owned about 14 of them, and only one ph2. lol

14? Presumably several at any one time, or you'd be Methuselah! Undecided
Thanks given by:
I've owed 13 now, mostly ph3, but at least 4 phase 2s and 2 phase 1s.
My favourite is the ph3 though, can't beat the styling and added extras you get Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile

Does not look to bad . Let us know how you get on .
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 10:06 PM)cheapo Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 09:45 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You'd be surprised how much nicer the round fog lamps are compared to the D shaped ones. Wink

But in all seriousness, there are a lot of changes in the phase 3s, both internally and externally, they don't rust as bad as the phase 2s either.  I've always preferred ph3 myself...owned about 14 of them, and only one ph2. lol

14? Presumably several at any one time, or you'd be Methuselah! Undecided

No lol, some were just crap so not kept long, others were bought as breakers to fix others, never had more than 2 at a time! Only had 4 or 5 long term admittedly.
Thanks given by:
I've lost count how many I've had, but I've had a good mixture of phase 1, 2 and 3.
It's a good toss up between phase 1 and 3 every time! :-)
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I'm on 16+ ( good mix of all phases over the last 15 years) all were dailys except a phase1 xsi that I broke up!
some were great some were not!
Once you buy one it's just a starting point on the mission to find "The one"
Hope you found a good one bud!
Have a look through the guides section for an idea of what to be checking when you go view it!
If the above car is a 1.9 NAD then you might find yourself looking for an upgrade sooner than you think as they're boringly slow and not that great on fuel compared to the Dturbo or Hdi!
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Well.
 It drives well, apart from a slight vibe between 65 and 70mph, though it's way more scruffy that that image appears. The previous lady owner manages horses, so I was kind of expecting it. Unwashed outside, dirty inside. One door trim missing. Driver's door lock dosen't work, but the centerlocking works fully off the passenger door. (maybe I will swap the locks) Got one new tire (with receipt), the other wheels had no tires at all, obviously, which may explain the slight vibe at 70. Wink  Rofl  (you believed it didn't you)
Used  about 1/8th of a tank for 55 miles coming home. That's large and small country roads for approx 25 miles and A30 dual for the other half.

Now i'm home and fed, it's raining, so the car can rest, having already rested for 2+ weeks unused.

Hopefully I can bash in some overtime now to pay for it.  Doh
Thanks given by:
So 60 litre tank and 55 miles for an eighth giving you roughly 440 miles to the tank on the roads you say is probs about normal, they usually run at around 12 pence a mile'ish or thereabouts!
Give her a full tank and zero the trip computer and run til the orange fuel light comes on, note the mileage you've had from the tank then service her to death and repeat the full tank and trip meter and see where u are from there, will help you figure out a rough idea how cheap it is after about 1000 miles from your two tanks of fuel!
Thanks given by:
The 1/8th tank is just a guess from the marks in the gauge, as I'm not familiar with where the needle stops and starts yet. We'll see how it goes.

Oh yes, allegedly it's a GLX.
Thanks given by:
£250 is cheap enough to make sense as there's always a few bits you should do after buying a 306 and first up is a service and timing belt kit with water pump unless you have absolute printed proof that it's just been done in the last 10-15K miles!
Do you do your own work or do you pay a mechanic?
If you do your own work then theyre great little cars and will serve you well so long as you maintain her, ignore the servicing at your peril!!! There may be swearing and broken bolts etc!
At £250 you can't really go wrong as if you only get 3-6 months out of it then scrap it you will likely get £70-100 for it and 3-6 months motoring for £150 so win win! :-)
I love them!
Thanks given by:
(13-09-2015, 10:54 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: £250 is cheap enough to make sense as there's always a few bits you should do after buying a 306 and first up is a service and timing belt kit with water pump unless you have absolute printed proof that it's just been done in the last 10-15K miles!
Do you do your own work or do you pay a mechanic?
If you do your own work then theyre great little cars and will serve you well so long as you maintain her, ignore the servicing at your peril!!! There may be swearing and broken bolts etc!
At £250 you can't really go wrong as if you only get 3-6 months out of it then scrap it you will likely get £70-100 for it and 3-6 months motoring for £150 so win win! :-)
I love them!

Heh,  Blush Put it this way. The only reason I'll be keeping me 'ead above water this month is the £50 I'll get for the scrap Astra that's being collected tomorrow. (£70 to 100 ?? Only if I can actually drive it to the scrappers) So, yes, I weild my own spanners, in my own parking space, if the weather's nice, and I can be a>$ed. 
 I received a whole bunch of MOTs and receipts going back to 2011, but no mention of a cam belt. So that'll be under consideration come payday.  ThumbsUp MOTs indicate 26000miles covered since the lady purchased it. Cam belt deffinitely overdue. Keep going for two or three weeks more little Puglet and you'll get some lovely TLC.  Heart
 I used up my swearing quota on Saturday morn, when my mountain bike threw me down the coarsly tarmac-ed path. (wet cement rain gully was slippery as hell). Hope the neighbours all had their windows shut. Rofl  I won't post the image of my shredded right palm.
Thanks given by:
What years the Astra? 98- 05 ish? No surprise there if it is Soz,stick with the 306 if your on a budget like me! Free motoring overall really if you ain't planning on tuning it!
Start spending money on tuning and you will have to spend cash on maintenance anyway so if your skint fix it as you go and be glad it's not Audi or VW bills you're paying!
Didn't you see the news today?? The Tories just released a much bigger swearing quota to 95% of the population!
Thanks given by:
(14-09-2015, 11:18 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: What years the Astra? 98- 05 ish? No surprise there if it is Soz,stick with the 306 if your on a budget like me! Free motoring overall really if you ain't planning on tuning it!
Start spending money on tuning and you will have to spend cash on maintenance anyway so if your skint fix it as you go and be glad it's not Audi or VW bills you're paying!
Didn't you see the news today?? The Tories just released a much bigger swearing quota to 95% of the population!

Astra was 2001, but the old 1.6l 8 valve engine. After trying a recon head, I discovered that the prob was lower down and had to call it a day.
Waaaahtt??!! I just this minute opened a letter from the council and is says my council tax account is in credit to the tune of £258 ! ! !  Nospeak  And that I can claim it back as a refund by phoning in!  I wish this was correct, but I don't think it is as they did the same thing with approx £145 about 3 months ago.
 Idiots. But I'll try it anyway.  Wink
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2015, 08:39 PM)cheapo Wrote:
(14-09-2015, 11:18 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: What years the Astra? 98- 05 ish? No surprise there if it is Soz,stick with the 306 if your on a budget like me! Free motoring overall really if you ain't planning on tuning it!

Astra was 2001, but the old 1.6l 8 valve engine. After trying a recon head, I discovered that the prob was lower down and had to call it a day.
.MY306 IS A 1.6 8 VALVE ;-)
Waaaahtt??!! I just this minute opened a letter from the council and is says my council tax account is in credit to the tune of £258 ! ! !  Nospeak  And that I can claim it back as a refund by phoning in!  I wish this was correct, but I don't think it is as they did the same thing with approx £145 about 3 months ago.

Scottish Power just told me today my elec was £48 in credit then when I asked him to put it on my meter he put me on hold for about 8 minutes and came back and said he had now raised it with an investigation team as he couldnt trace where it came from and I might get it back in 6-8 weeks and if not will probs end up with a bill for £48 instead :-(
Thanks given by:
(15-09-2015, 10:12 PM)Redordead89 Wrote:
(15-09-2015, 08:39 PM)cheapo Wrote:

.MY306 IS A 1.6 8 VALVE ;-)

Scottish Power just told me today my elec was £48 in credit then when I asked him to put it on my meter he put me on hold for about 8 minutes and came back and said he had now raised it with an investigation team as he couldnt trace where it came from and I might get it back in 6-8 weeks and if not will probs end up with a bill for £48 instead :-(

That wouldn't surprise me.
 Luckiny for me, my wish came true! The council answered my call within 15 seconds! Talking  I will receive a £258 cheque within the next 7 working days.  Cool
I'm gobsmacked. Maybe I should put the money in a box on the shelf for a while, you know what I'm saying? But at least it means that the Pug's paid for!
Thanks given by:
Fkn xlnt! ;-)
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  noob here jetfire1383 3 1,003 21-12-2015, 01:47 AM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Noob with a 306 turbomad 3 1,257 09-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Last Post: turbomad
  Hi all, another noob :) Nezza42 5 1,094 24-06-2014, 11:10 PM
Last Post: mcvite