DW10 Turbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DW10 Turbo
Hi guys. Been some time now since I last posted, cus ive had no pc. I have a question about the Turbo pipe work, which is double headed. Does anyone know the internal Diameter of the outlet coupler pipe, and also how many bolts hold the intake pipe to the turbo?. Ive developed a whistle and the fuel eco has dropped to around 41 mpg Average. The outlet coupler had come off a week or so back, and I put it back on, but im thinking it might be split. MANY Thanks :-)
Thanks given by:
Phil, the intake pipe should have just one bolt (it does on the 206 HDI, but that has a slightly different pipe).

As for the outlet it's something like 42mm, I remember buying a silicone hose but off the top of my head I'm not sure, hopefully somebody else will be able to confirm?
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I have a 40mm 90 degree bend on my fmic setup, so a 40mm silicone pipe should do!

Not sure on what length you need for the standard piece but I'm sure you could cut a piece to length.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys. Both Replys are a great help. Everything is so jam packed in behind the back of the Engine, often with little room for both getting your hands in for repair, and as the case is, other component malfunction, creating a domino effect. It appears my bottom rear engine mount is giving way, and with the extra engine movement, it appears the silicon pipe has been catching/rubbing. Time for a new pipe, hose clamps and engine mount. Thanks very much!!!!.
Thanks given by:
This is the exact issue I have lol!

Has your car got a front mount setup or standard piping?

[Image: 4equse6e.jpg]

My bottom engine mount is gone and the back and forth movement helped my subframe to rub through my boost hose lol.

The bodge lasted all of about 10 minutes too Sad
Thanks given by:
(21-02-2014, 11:55 PM)mcglynn Wrote: This is the exact issue I have lol!

Has your car got a front mount setup or standard piping?

[Image: 4equse6e.jpg]

My bottom engine mount is gone and the back and forth movement helped my subframe to rub through my boost hose lol.

The bodge lasted all of about 10 minutes too Sad

Mines standard, without intercooler, and its still tight. Having read a few posts, we both need a heavy duty mount. powerflex seem to break though.
Thanks given by:
Ill be going for the vibratechnics one on ebay for £30 have heard better reports about it than the power flex one.
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 12:40 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Ill be going for the vibratechnics one on ebay for £30 have heard better reports about it than the power flex one.

Ditto bud. Drilled some 5mm steel bar today (in me old shed lol) so I can pull it into place, with a long bolt. These Engines have to be nailed down nice and tight, cus they do produce stacks of Torque, as much im told as a gti, and with mods, its only going to rear its ugly head in a negative way, if standard mounts are used. A point worth making is that its all well and good getting an Engine to produce more bhp, BUT if you still use older parts, which over time have worn with an Engine, there only going to fail if put under stress. :-)
Thanks given by:
Exactly bud! The vibra technics one is on its way, so ill report back how it goes! Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DW10 vs DW12 vs DV6 Dreijers 43 16,087 03-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Last Post: Poodle
Wink Converting DW10 to IDI (XUD) TwinkleToes 22 6,717 27-09-2017, 05:36 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  DW10 Piper cam 306clot 17 5,640 13-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Last Post: toseland