Ben306's - Passat Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben306's - Passat Estate
Well after 4 months of searching I've finally found one I want. Put a deposit down on it and hopefully pick it up on Saturday if the log book is back and the plates are off.

1.9 SE. Mechanically its the best one we've looked at. Interior is immaculate but the bodywork needs attention. Bit of a scratch on the bonnet and a few little dinks. and with it being black you can see all the swirl marks so might have to invest in a DA Polisher.

Anyhow, not got it yet but some snaps from the advert.

[Image: mediaFX31J181_zps41c6c534.jpg]

[Image: media9_zpsf7a27772.jpg]

[Image: mediaDIYQQ78D_zpsdd15213c.jpg]

Initial plans are a good service and a full once over. Give it a good clean and get my own photos.

Then, coilovers, tints to the rear windows. decide what to do with the towbar, either make it less ugly some how as it may come in useful for my bike or towing the rallye in the future, or look at removing it. And get it mapped as its pretty gutless

Plans further down the line are a different set of 18's, R line skirts and a front bumper splitter (finding these in plastic is hard work), and look as getting a stainless backbox sorted. Also spotted a few different grilles that I like the look of so will look into them as well.

And then if it grows on me, I'll look at sorting a satnav head unit etc.

This is my 1st step into VW ownership. I've had 306's for the past 11+ years and owned my rallye for 8 years now which I still have.

Anyhow, I'll still be sticking around but thought some of you might like to see how this progresses
Thanks given by:
Is this a 2007 model? If it is the engines have a problem with the oil pump shaft. Really common with the 07/08 engines. I would check it has been replaced if not replace it. Also not a good year for DMF and injectors albeit the injectors will be replaced for free at VW.

I bought mine in 2011 for 5k replaced DMF. Injectors went on the M1 replaced at VW. The the oil pump shaft broke and it developed a knock. Sold it for £900.

All that been said they still look great and I would have another just another year.

Edit - Mine was a 2.0 not a 1.9.
Thanks given by:
03 plate so not an 07 model.
I'd like a car like this in a few years time, but those ewer engines seem to throw up so many more problems than the old ones?!?!
Thanks given by:
Thats the exact reason I went for a 1.9 and took so long to find.

And its 07. Private plate is coming off.
Thanks given by:
Looks awesome ben

With some lows this would be epic
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Nice sirrocco wheels
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Very nice Ben, will really look the part low with some high end mtb shizzle on the roof.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Do like that shape of Passat tbh, should be good!
Thanks given by:
(19-02-2014, 09:03 PM)ben306 Wrote: Thats the exact reason I went for a 1.9 and took so long to find.

And its 07. Private plate is coming off.

Ahh wise choice.

My pal did black masks on his pretty subtle addition IMO.

[Image: jamespasrat.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Once I find my feet with it I'll start playing.

Im trying to figure weather I'm better looking for a bike rack for the towbar Pete.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've heard they're meant to be safer, plus more MPG's! Think Dave uses a Thule one its spot on
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ben306 Rallye Thread ben306 20 3,220 30-08-2013, 06:44 AM
Last Post: ben306