Belt problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belt problems
Question 
Hi just a quick one on the aux belt yes the air con has been taken out put the 6pk1170 on there and a friend said that it was really tight to get on there so I ordered a 6pk1173 fitted it and it's lasted a week and it has snapped can any of you request anything? Any one had the same problems?
Cheers
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the belt's been under-tightened, did you adjust the manual tensioner before releasing the auto-tensioner?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've only know of it having an auto tensioner? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.
Thanks given by:
Or the opposite - too tight.

I've got a 6PK1175 on mine and that was exceedingly tight to get on and even with the lower (manual) tensioner on the loosest setting the auto-tensioner is still a little over-tensioned. It's been running fine for the last few weeks, but I'm not entirely happy with it and have ordered a 6PK1185 to replace it.

The upper tensioner is the spring loaded "automatic" tensioner that's designed to keep the tension on the belt as it wears, and the lower escentric "manual" tensioner is the one that you're supposed to set the initial tension on the new belt with so that the auto-tensioner is in the correct position.

Later 306 Haynes manual documents it well from memory.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Ahh maybe I should try that cheers guys! I'll let you know how I get on
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aux belt problems L16rye 5 1,484 30-11-2016, 06:12 PM
Last Post: L16rye