I think the price has dropped again in Costco
[Image: IMG-20140216-WA0003_zpshulom4qx.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jesus!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
"Vegetable oil" = soya though and it runs like a sack of shit. Last soya 40 litres of soya I had only did barely 300 miles! On Sunflower it's more like 360 and that's extra urban driving.
Thanks given by:
I bought 10L for £9 recently in tesco ( sunflower oil x2 5L for £9).
Thanks given by:
Puggy i've been using this solid for months, nowhere near as bad as people make out. I do prefer sunflower but not worth the cost difference.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 03:23 PM)306Puggy Wrote: "Vegetable oil" = soya though and it runs like a sack of shit. Last soya 40 litres of soya I had only did barely 300 miles! On Sunflower it's more like 360 and that's extra urban driving.

Talking out your arse to be frank. Been using it for over a year now no problems. Starts in the cold fine and returns better mpg than diesel
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 04:42 PM)Paul_13 Wrote:
(16-02-2014, 03:23 PM)306Puggy Wrote: "Vegetable oil" = soya though and it runs like a sack of shit. Last soya 40 litres of soya I had only did barely 300 miles! On Sunflower it's more like 360 and that's extra urban driving.

Talking out your arse to be frank. Been using it for over a year now no problems. Starts in the cold fine and returns better mpg than diesel

What he said run it for along time with out issues, all tho I'm filtering my own oil at the moment but when I don't I always use the ktc

Thanks given by:
(16-02-2014, 04:42 PM)Paul_13 Wrote:

Is there really any need to be so rude, asshole? That is my experience how about you learn to behave before you start coming in here like you own the place. Seem to be getting a lot of annoying noobs around here lately. That was my experience, take it or leave it pal.
Thanks given by:
Oh here we go again.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
tone it down a bit guys or i will unleash the ban hammer beast . .lol . . . .soya isn't as good but as said if your car is in order it runs fine . . Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Rapeseed was £18ish yesterday when I looked...
Thanks given by:
Aldi has cheap-ish veg in if no one can get to costco, think it was £1.05 a litre for sunflower.
Thanks given by:
I use the same stuff as Paul 85% veg, 10% weo, 5% diesel and get still get 46 mpg

This reminds me, we need to go shopping again Paul
306 XUD9 gt2052s
306 hdi stage 2 (hdi tuning)
205 STDT -new project
Thanks given by:
The hand bags are out again! Popcorn
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 01:13 PM)silverzx Wrote: The hand bags are out again! Popcorn

Stop it you bloody wind up merchant Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Tis funny though Matt... Big Grin
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(17-02-2014, 03:36 PM)silverzx Wrote: Tis funny though Matt... Big Grin

'bout as funny as watching a bus full of people licking windows . . you know you shouldn't . . .but you do a little bit . . .lol
Thanks given by:
Just a little point it will be slower on soya or rapeseed than sunflower because sunflower has more calories (the measure of its energy) by volume.

Anyway Mackro are doing exactly the same thing for 1ppl more at £14.99 but they are doing free delivery on orders over £60 and you don't need a member card if you order online which is £2 a month saving so thats the bargain of the centuary really
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2014, 07:49 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Just a little point it will be slower on soya or rapeseed than sunflower because sunflower has more calories (the measure of its energy) by volume.

Anyway Mackro are doing exactly the same thing for 1ppl more at £14.99 but they are doing free delivery on orders over £60 and you don't need a member card if you order online which is £2 a month saving so thats the bargain of the centuary really

Just been on makro website it says in store only?
Thanks given by:
Bookers has dropped to £14.99 now.
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(24-02-2014, 07:53 AM)Anton Wrote: Bookers has dropped to £14.99 now.

I found bookers have different prices though out the contrary my local one was still at £16.79 for 20liters last time I went

If any one has an Adam branches near you, you can get in there with out a Card and last time I went there they had some oil at £14.99 or ktc is £15.29

Or just look for bargains on eBay and filter it payed 30ppl for my last lot Wink

Thanks given by:
I sent letters around to like 12 local restaurants/hotels about collecting their waste, only got one phone me back but I have been collecting from him for over a year now, pay £5 for 20 litre drum of waste fryer oil so its pretty clean anyways, filter to 1micron and away i go, although taking out heavy fats and the lack of filling to the brim i end up with about 15 litres usable oil from a drum.

Not sure what local places are like up round you guys??
Thanks given by:
Personally I don't collect due to the complications of environment agency and waste transfer notices, and waste carriers licence. I just have a nosy on eBay and from time to time pick up cheap oil but quite often the price is inflated on there.

Once you get some contacts you can get good supplys of oil cheap, found a guy thats not to far from me selling filtered oil down to 0.5micron de watered etc, he will even mix with mis fuel to my specs for 50ppl and at that price carnt complain saves me getting my hands dirty Wink

Thanks given by:
(25-02-2014, 02:10 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Personally I don't collect due to the complications of environment agency and waste transfer notices, and waste carriers licence

Never bothered with any of that, is there a real need to? I collect from a small business and deal direct with the owner, suppose it's more so if collecting huge quanitities from large places??

I rarely collected more than like 80 litres and that happens about every 6 weeks,

Cheers
Thanks given by:
It does need documentation if you collect direct.

Chris is right.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Your supposes to issue a waste transfer notice to say you have taken the oil, it's so the business has proof the oil has been disposed of correctly. All business regardless of size should do this, will have issues with environment services at some point if they carnt prove there Oil isn't being disposed of correctly.

Thanks given by:
Yep, fines all round if you don't follow the rules.
Thanks given by:
Oh right fair enough, he used to take it back to bookers, guess they wud have issued one of those?

Will ask him next time and report back Big Grin
Thanks given by:
You don't need to issue a transfer note if you're (not your) using it yourself. It is pointless red tape anyway to keep some pen pusher happy, but that only applies if you're a business. Sadly if you're a business then you have to pay tax on the shagging lot as you'll be producing more than the 2,500 litres personal use allowance. Simple rule of thumb is: If you're using it for personal use only, you can use 2,500 litres a year, as it is for personal use, you do not need to provide a transfer note. You can do just to satisfy the person you get the oil from but it is such a meaningless piece of paper, you could sign it Mickey Mouse.
Thanks given by:
Yeah it was £14.79 last time I went in as well. As for it being soya oil, I've run it all through winter with nothing mixed in and it's fine, doesn't feel down on power except when it's really cold, and you shouldn't be flooring it from cold anyway...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by: