Eddy's n/a Nile

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eddy's n/a Nile
Had a little time spare today so decided to get my oil catch tank fitted and yellow rocker covers fitted. Thats all for now!

[Image: 20140429_181902_zpsxpb1kbcd.jpg]
[Image: 20140429_181916_zpsewn3sf5v.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Love the CF coil pack cover. Would love one but couldn't justify the 65 quid they were Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I bought one ages ago when I didnt even have a 306 had it about 3 month and sold it, then couple month later I bought a 6 so had to buy another one haha. I really want a carbon bonnet but they seem to be fortunes and no 2nd hands ones about Sad
Thanks given by:
Sold my cf cover for pennies,should of definitely kept it !

Chris where have you hidden the shiny catch tank??
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Catch tank is behind the ecu box tucked down. Just a cheap one for the time being. Want a mocal one but that can wait till I have £110 to throw away haha
Thanks given by:
Yeah mocal are silly money when you have use literally anything sealed as a catch tank.

Just realised you throttle cable goes round inside of over lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah it goes all the way out the engine bay but perfect for the VLR Wink need a little more yellow in the engine bay. Looked everywhere for 40mm yellow flexi water hose but couldnt get it. AutoSiliconeHoses.com have it listed on their website but dont stock it and arent planning on getting it again! Aresholes!!! Haha
Thanks given by:
Need to stop spending money on other things and get my engine done haha. Look like I have a set of 16" speedline turinis on the way. Not sure what to do with these yet till I have tried them on the car but really fancy a set of 15" compomotive flat 5 spoke wheels. Also picking up a set of 21mm torsion bars in the morning I am getting off a mate for a bargain price of £30 B) and best of all should hopefully have myself a mint carbon bonnet in the next week or 2.
Just waiting on a phone call off Dave the bloke who will be mapping my car to see when he can get me in for mapping then I can go from there getting everything put together.
Thanks given by:
Forgot to txt you wheels got picked up today, so should be with you tuesday Smile

Also checked the bolt holes and flat so no need for tapered bolts

Was quite funny when the tnt guy came to pick them up

"more bloody wheels, always picking up or sending bloody wheels!"
Thanks given by:
Haha TNT bloke who usually collects and delivers parts for me is like that. Alright chris more car parts... Yes how did you know haha. He keeps saying he doesnt know whos worse for parcels me or my dad who lives 5 minuts up the road haha.
Thanks Sam I will let you know when they arrive.
Thanks given by:
Now. I picked my 21mm torsion bars up at the weekend for a bargain price of £30 B) will hopefully get them on fitted at the end of the week. Also had a set of 16" speedline turinis turn up today too. Fitted with 195/50 yokohama A048s probably get 1 track day out of them but no use for the road. Not sure if I like them on the car to be honest compared to my pro 1.2 what are fitted with 195/45 nankang NS-2s. Whats your thoughts on the wheels?

[Image: 20140506_111816_zpsqmwrb1hd.jpg]
[Image: 20140506_113746_zps0pdkioxp.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Paint your td the same colour as the speedlines, best of both worlds then :-)
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
I dont really like the colour of the speedlines on the nile, a nice dark grey would be better. I want some compomotive mo 5s to be honest so 1.2s will be sold once I find some too.
Thanks given by:
I've been dying to get some flat face mo5s ever since I got a 306 haha, only one set ever came up but I was broke at the time :-(
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
There is a set on ebay at the minute for something like £585+£30 postage. Refuse to pay that much. Can get a good set of new wheels with new tyres cheaper than that haha
Thanks given by:
Still think you just spray them gloss black or photoshop them and see how they look

Mo5 are the nuts though Smile
Thanks given by:
I just think there too big 16" with 50 profile tyres
Thanks given by:
The other issue I find with compomotives, 90% of the sets out there seem to be ford fitment, if I was spending compomotive money I would not want to still be messing around with spacers aha. Hateful things
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Not too fussed about that my 1.2s are ford fitment
Thanks given by:
Finally a step in the right direction. Just had a phone call off dave @ autolink who will be mapping my car. He has booked me in for Monday 19th May. Jim has I think finished sorting my omex loom, now just need to mess around getting a fuel rail sorted out to fit. Other than thats its ready to bolt on. New oil pressure gauge and volt gauge arrived today as I wasn't willing to spend £55 on a racetech sender! Been told by Dave its perrty pointless fitting an AEM once the car is all set up and he will run his own wideband while mapping the car. I still have a clearance issue I need to sort out between the inlet and the bonnet so going to try lifting the back of the bonnet a little and see if that gives me the clearance I need.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 01:02 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: The other issue I find with compomotives, 90% of the sets out there seem to be ford fitment, if I was spending compomotive money I would not want to still be messing around with spacers aha. Hateful things

Peugeot Fitment like mine? ;D

Coming along nicely mate.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Thanks. There is a set of 16" comps on ebay at the minute but I really want a set of 15s. May just have to make do or there is 6 brand new 15" comps for a cossie on there too for I think £550... Hmm???
Thanks given by:
Bored waiting to go to work so decided to fit my gauges. Oil pressure sender still needs fitting but other than that there in. Im sure the volt gauge should be lower than 14 as well or is that about right? Iys around 12.5 with ignition and and 14 when car is started

[Image: 20140507_125410_zpssa3cwhfq.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Mine runs at 14.4v when charging so that's alright
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Good, for some reason I thought it should have been at 13.5
Thanks given by:
Just a little update. Not much been happning this week really, just been waiting for friday to came so I can get on the ramps and fit most of my goodies Smile
In the mean time I have bought a few little bits and bobs.
* AEM wideband from dcc
* 21mm torsion bars - £30
* hybrid ARB - £33
* torsion bar adjuster screws - £4

Looks like I have got a decent rear suspension setup for next to nothing B) should go well with my bilstein b4 rear shocks and pigsport solid axle mounts.
Thanks given by:
Well had a long day. Been up since 5pm yesterday afternoon. Had night shift 11pm till 7am this morning then headed straight down to Jims for 9am to make a start on the car.
Started off stripping the front end and inlet off ect. Fitted VLR and just went from there.

[Image: 20140516_094438_zpsedh0hjsh.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_094448_zpsvoxsjhnt.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_102546_zps3d8nnv9a.jpg]

As you can see from the picture above the fuel rail was causing an issue fouling the bonnet. This was the 1st job to sort out. Removed the fuel return and regulator and welded up the hole and fitted a new return on the end of the rail. Next job was to fix it yo the inlet what required modifying the mounting brackets. Heres the finished product with the 384cc injectors fitted.

[Image: 20140516_104629_zps0tkidfd9.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_104640_zps3kbw0gim.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_114525_zpszbet0rha.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_125859_zpsmkulboje.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_125907_zpsb05riehw.jpg]

Next up was to fit the AEM and oil pressure sender what wasn't to hard and didnt take too long. Mounted the FSE fuel pressure reg while just made a start on the loom. Glad I got the easy job :lol

[Image: 20140516_135423_zpsn7fcmmph.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_135431_zpswimq2ssd.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_140648_zpsnpkuhyor.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_163417_zps9plddyu9.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_164634_zpsokffju5m.jpg]

Got all the omex loom plugged up to find there was no TPS plug, had been cut off for some reason. Decided to fit the map senser in the back of the inlet and made a start sorting out whats needed off the standard loom. Also made a relocation kit for the battery to be moved into the boot. Next fitted the throttle body to the inlet. This is pretty much as fsr as we got today. Oh apart from finding out there is no way the standard rad is going to fit so going to plumb in a 205 rad setup tomorrow as jim has a nice thick high flow rad sat on the shelf B)

[Image: 20140516_170458_zpspdqaslyc.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_173648_zpsqunaazbn.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_174943_zps9rxpbqtr.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_175000_zpsm6fbkmx1.jpg]
[Image: 20140516_180549_zpsvzptcfzo.jpg]

back there tomorrow for a 9am start to see how much more we can get through. Done quite well today so fingers crossed I will be ready in time for mapping monday morning Smile
Thanks given by:
wow comming on quick now and looking epic Smile

The arb and torsions bars where a steal at that price.

does the plenum thing clear the bonnet?
Thanks given by:
No haha I will sort that then the time comes to close the bonnet. Already lifted the back of the bonnet an inch...
Thanks given by:
Looking awesome mate. Excited as you probably are to see what power it can make with the mother of all inlet manifolds haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eddy's Red Rallye eddy_gti6 109 18,576 22-08-2015, 11:10 PM
Last Post: eddy_gti6