What to do? Claim?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do? Claim?
Right then, tonight had some older bloke acting a prick driving up my arse etc because I was a "twaty boyracer" so he said anyway, cut a long story short, when we got onto a dual carriageway, he took the inside lane, pushed me towards the central reservation and when I stopped getting closer he drove into the side of me!
No damage to his, mine (pictures will follow tomorrow)
Damaged my paintwork on my door and arch, respray job. Damaged my wing mirror (knocked it out of place!)
I took his reg as soon as it happened and rang the police, police came out and he was saying I drove into the side of him.
Sooo he's obviously going to deny it and blame me, so do I ring mine/his insurance and put a claim in and fight it letting the insurance settle it which would more than likely go 50/50 or suck it up?
He was denying it when it was just me and him and he never apologised or anything so what shall I do?

He has my insurance details though! Reckon he will try and put in a claim before me?
Don't know what to do!!! :/
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
He sounds like a knob head who should of had a knuckle sandwich. He will properly try his luck with claiming. The damage is done to your car so that will go in your favour
Thanks given by:
your supposed to let your insurance know of a incident im sure even if you or him are not claiming.

send me some pictures sure i could fix it if its not going through insurance Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
If the damage happened on the outside lane of the dual carriageway, I can't see how he could defend his case with it being your fault coz how could you drive into him whilst being in your lane...?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
All i can say is good luck and No witnesses ?
Yes ring them up.. Do it as soon as!. Get your story on record.
...85cc Petrol 0 Doors... - ...135MPG... - ...£17 Tax...
Thanks given by:
That make sense?!

IE. You could only drive into his side by entering the left/inside lane, but the incident occured on the right/outside lane thus he would be crossing into your lane
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeah no witnesses :/ but I know of someone who lives on that road so I may have a word Smile
For those that don't understand (if you don't) I apologies as I'm on my phone and stressed at the moment :/ I will get pictures tomorrow and upload them if I can.
Cheers anyway guys oh and underground, I had to restrain myself from doing that! As if I did I would have got done straight away!!
Thanks given by:
You all good or need help?
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2014, 12:04 AM)DarkInferno Wrote: You all good or need help?

Not really, p*ssed off!! Lol help in what way?

I just want to know, if I declare it to my insurance but don't claim, will my insurance go up??
Thanks given by:
I'd only skim read it, saw you'd been in smack and guessing your pretty close wondered if you needed help getting back or anything.. but reading the damage, and the fact it seems a bit more in the past then my first read though made me believe, I'm guessing you just drove it back Smile
Thanks given by:
Insurance will be a bitch. The problem you have now is that because the Police attended, you will have an incident number (you should have been given this at the scene). I assume you both made a statement??

One thing I'm struggling to understand is that if you were in the lane closest to the central reservation, surely you were overtaking? Or approaching a roundabout / getting into lane for an upcoming junction?

I've had complete tit swerve towards me before on a dually (BMW driver, doing the stereotype no good!) and fortunately for me he did it in plain sight of an unmarked plod car. He was annoyed because I wouldn't let him barge into lane for the next junction as he didn't indicate - all at about 50/60mph! Nutter.

Google Map of where the incident took place?
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
If you took his details then go round his house with a bunch of mates.

Give him a f*cking pasting and see if he contests the claim then.
Thanks given by:
Surely the police and the insurance company would question how you drove into him if you were almost in the central reservation :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Is there anything to prove he was in your lane or will he be able to claim you were in his? Marks on the grass next to the central reserve where you'd tried avoiding him would be good.
Thanks given by:
What a bellend, can't believe people will actually try and run people off the road or crash into them on purpose. Absolute madness.

Sounds like though without a witness statement or some good evidence its more than likely to go 50/50 at best.
Thanks given by:
(11-02-2014, 11:56 AM)r3k1355 Wrote: If you took his details then go round his house with a bunch of mates.

Give him a f*cking pasting and see if he contests the claim then.

How much of the repairs to his car do you think will be covered by the insurers once he gets out of prison?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
2 more things to add. My last crash was similar and I thought it was going to go 50/50 but they settled it as all his fault..

Also when you do your statement to the insurance company make sure you get in that you believe it was deliberate on his behalf, that he was the only occupant of his car, no witnesses came forward at Tue time of the incident and you did not see him speak to anyone else at the scene other than the police, there was no damage to his, he said he was uninjured and did not appear to be in any discomfort and that you believe he is doing this for some sort of fraudulent claim. (although only say these things if they are true). All that sort of stuff helps fight a fraudulent claimfrom him.
Thanks given by:
Right then guys, thanks for the help and advice Smile
I've rang my insurers, notified them but I have stated I am only NOTIFYING them, I am not wishing to claim at this moment in time as there is no evidence that can go my way other than the damage to my car. I have taken pictures and will upload them when I'm on the missus' laptop and I will try and get a google Image of where it happened. Stourbridge road, from brierly towards Dudley for those who want to have a look Smile
The police took out details and exchanged them but they never gave me his address :/ so I'm using the bt telephone directory as I have his name and when I find his car, I will take pictures (never did at the time as it was dark and I was on the entrance to a dual carriageway off an island) and then what happens to his car after that, wellll .....

Oh and to add, it's not a central reservation you guys are thinking off, it's like a raised gutter which is as high as, if not higher than the bottom of my bumper so would definately have ripped it off, mangled wishbone etc
Thanks given by:
Ive been in the same kinda situation on the same road. It must be dudleys bad luck on the roads ,or just twat drivers that cant control a steering wheel
Bad luck m8
Hope it all gets repaired up quick time
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merry Xmas! Thankyou ppi claim!! j-n-88 6 1,152 25-12-2014, 05:03 AM
Last Post: j-n-88
Question Advice on whiplash/injury claim . . . . Mattcheese31 9 2,419 07-05-2014, 10:09 AM
Last Post: r3k1355
  Canceling insurance policy after a claim against you? rtha6551 7 2,026 21-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Niall