Advice on whiplash/injury claim . . . .

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on whiplash/injury claim . . . .
Question 
Not me but my dad and his missus, short version is he got rear ended the other day, they're both suffering and his missus got taken to hospital,

anyway he's been speaking to his insurer and they've got some solicitor to phone him who's going to represent his injury claim, however they are saying they will take 25% plus VAT . . . . . .that doesn't sound right to me, surely he should get the lot and the 3rd parties insurance should pay any fees??

any experience of these matters would be helpful as i think they might be trying to have my old dad over.

cheers, Matt . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Does sound sketchy, I though legal fees can be claimed from the offending party
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 01:08 PM)Connor Wrote: Does sound sketchy, I though legal fees can be claimed from the offending party

yeah same here mate, there's always some fcuking ambulance chasers jump on board when things like this happen and i'm just trying to look out for my old man . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Laws were changed recently IIRC.
It was because the solicitor could charge whatever they wanted, so they totally took the piss.

It was part of the rules changes to try and stem the tide of 'no win, no fee' bullshit claims.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 01:37 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: Laws were changed recently IIRC.
It was because the solicitor could charge whatever they wanted, so they totally took the piss.

It was part of the rules changes to try and stem the tide of 'no win, no fee' bullshit claims.

so what are you saying? . . .this is a no win no fee bullshit deal they're offering? . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
No, now the law is the solicitor fee and the persons compensation all come out of the claim money.

You can't have all of the compensation money and then the solicitor charge separately for their fee's.
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 04:26 PM)r3k1355 Wrote: No, now the law is the solicitor fee and the persons compensation all come out of the claim money.

You can't have all of the compensation money and then the solicitor charge separately for their fee's.

you'd think the legal cover in your insurance would cover that or the party at fault's insurance, seems cock eyed to me . .Smile
Thanks given by:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/perso...suits.html

You don't have to have the company that have been appointed. You can shop around and get the best deal so to speak. Just a quick read up there sates they can't charge more than 25% but the one your looking at is 25% plus vat at 20%?
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(06-05-2014, 06:23 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/perso...suits.html

You don't have to have the company that have been appointed. You can shop around and get the best deal so to speak. Just a quick read up there sates they can't charge more than 25% but the one your looking at is 25% plus vat at 20%?

yes apparently so mate, thanks for that x
Thanks given by:
Lawyers love to try it on, challenge them on the VAT and demand a reduction in their fee's for being so cheeky.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Merry Xmas! Thankyou ppi claim!! j-n-88 6 1,147 25-12-2014, 05:03 AM
Last Post: j-n-88
  What to do? Claim? DazzaHDI 18 2,359 11-02-2014, 09:17 PM
Last Post: reckord
  Canceling insurance policy after a claim against you? rtha6551 7 2,026 21-08-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Niall