GT2052

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GT2052
(06-02-2014, 02:38 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: Yeah I had one on for a bit

Was ridiculous, instant spool, stupid amount of torque

Lifted my head, ruined a clutch and ran out of puff fairly early in the rev range compared to a td04

Look at Tom's post again, This is what these early spooling turbo's do. With supporting modifications then you can just about keep them under wraps.

What turbo you go for is completely down to how you drive. I prefer early spool with decent torque, with no need to go over 4k (ish). That's what I have now and apart from a few niggles (typical VNT) I'm quite happy with it.

Others will want the other end of the scale which is to push the revs right round to 6k and have a turbo to support this....namely a td04?, etc.

As Ruan said (and I completely agree with) 2052 would be ideal for a daily drive around...or a new style gt17 i would be happy with, though if you are pushing for power you will need to have some mechanical sympathy or uprate a few bits.

My 2p anyways.
Thanks given by:
I love a Ruan write up. It just the way I can imagine him saying it
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 01:32 PM)Frosty Wrote: I love a Ruan write up. It just the way I can imagine him saying it

There would definitely be some turbo impressions in there. Rofl
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 01:35 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
(07-02-2014, 01:32 PM)Frosty Wrote: I love a Ruan write up. It just the way I can imagine him saying it

There would definitely be some turbo impressions in there. Rofl

I'm sure 1 or 2 would of slipped out Smile
Thanks given by:
BarrRRRP!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 12:04 PM)Ruan Wrote: BarrRRRP!

Lol love it!
Thanks given by:
Even with a VERY badly and de-tuned Bosch with my 2052 mine made 220ft/lb of torque. And that felt slow compared to what it was like when I was running quite a lot of fuel. I drive with a lot of mechanical sympathy and I rarely thrashed it, the 2052 was lovely to drive daily because it had plenty of go even with half throttle. To be honest, even on a hard drive, I would rarely use full throttle anyway because it had plenty of go without needing to bury the pedal. Out of tight corners it was epic, with the 3" elbow and bigger downpipe it spooled up very quickly, and sounded epic on boost.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Sounds good Ricky I'm makeing mine 3inch off the turbo down to 2.5 inch gonna have one silencer tho as worried it will be to loud. Did you have any silencers in your exhaust? Was it loud?

Thanks given by:
Chris just have a free flowing back box. I know mine is being restricted!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 04:04 PM)Anton Wrote: Chris just have a free flowing back box. I know mine is being restricted!

Mines going to be down pointer because sleeper race car Wink will have a straight though design silencer might make my own out if the peco back box that come off it

Thanks given by:
Just a mid box at the back. wasn't loud, sounded awesome on boost.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
You ever sell your 2052 Ricky?
Thanks given by:
Nope. I don't think I could sell it now anyway it was left out in the rain for a couple of hours with nothing protecting the oil inlet.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Well I have brought a gt2052 an it turned up today very happy with the condition of it going to make up some adaptor plates on Monday but won't know what it like till I finish putting the xud in my car so will let u know what I think of it
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 08:43 PM)Ricky Wrote: Nope. I don't think I could sell it now anyway it was left out in the rain for a couple of hours with nothing protecting the oil inlet.

Ah bugger. What about a rebuild kit?
Thanks given by:
Tbh if I wanted to use it again (never say never..) then I would keep the hotside as I modified it and compressor housing and just replace the rest. They pop up on Ebay from time to time.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Keep your hdi and fit it to that Smile
Thanks given by:
I would rather buy Jonny's setup if he was still selling that than mess around with custom exhaust etc. for this one.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
Makes it different then because it not all just bolt on I quite like making brackets and bits and bobs lol
Thanks given by:
What sort of boost is is safe to run with the GT2052s?
Thanks given by:
22/24... Could probably push for more, if you have some mechanical sympathy.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Tom, just got given a standard 306 xrdt so i might have a bit of a play with a GT2052s if i can find a cheap one.

Anyoe know if the turbo from a Merc C250td 1997 is one of the GT series or is it a T25? No plate on the turbo to tell?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gt2052 sherman306 30 12,935 14-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Uberderv
  GT2052 Anton 15 3,688 15-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Anton