ariel removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ariel removal
as some of you might know im heading for a pure smooth euro look. just been thinking about my airel and what i can do to remove it from the roof but still listen to the radio. any ideas????
[Image: newsig_zpsee86fa10.jpg]
Thanks given by:
erm i suppose you could relocate it, im guessing somewhere else concealed.. perhaps an A/B/C pillar?? as for smoothing, it would only be a small hole to smooth over - it un-bolts from underneath, quite self explanatory.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
cheers ginge. the hole isnt a problem as it will get sorted by the body shop. just looking for ideas for where to locate the airel mate. but will look into what you said.
Thanks given by:
kingy Wrote:cheers ginge. the hole isnt a problem as it will get sorted by the body shop. just looking for ideas for where to locate the airel mate. but will look into what you said.

yeh it will need to be somewhere fairly high with little interfearence (<- worst spelling ever) and fairly easy to locate, and guessing you want it discreet also...

the walls of the pillars arn't too think.. hmm... or even wire it along the back edgeing of the boot - doesnt need to be anything special - you know when you open the boot, there's that gap between the boot at the back of car - perhaps in there.. waterproof it etc- could work. i guess it's a game of try and see
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Wire it onto your bodywork and turn a whole panel into an ariel :-P
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You can buy a kit so that they are part of the back window. It just looks like 2 extra heated tracks. Not sure how good they are as an aftermarket kit but my old Saab had it as standard and i never had a problem with signal.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
do you know what, chris moyels (<woret spelling ever. i think,) aint that good anyway. might just fuckk it off alltogether. just have c.d +usb.
Thanks given by:
yeah ive not had a radio for ages, i have bluetooth media streaming so i get to play 500 songs off my phone
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Inside the roof somewhere, although the base needs to be earthed to work iirc.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
mmmmm still dont know. i can go without radio in the car but would like to still have it. thought that someone on here (cully) would know how to do do it but aint that bothered either way.
Thanks given by:
i had a nail taped into the back of my 206 RADIO FOR AGES, worked fine except under bridges and in carparks.
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
(06-09-2012, 05:08 PM)Joe Wrote: i had a nail taped into the back of my 206 RADIO FOR AGES, worked fine except under bridges and in carparks.

HAHA retrofit I love it!!
“Someone get the foghorn, Kyles out in the Diseaseal again”

[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Get a glass mounted aerial and stuck it at the very top of the screen behind the headliner and jobs a guddun ninja
Thanks given by:
My old diablo that danny had off me was roof smoothed, did it myself.

I took the base off, put a beesting aerial on it between the roof skin & roof lining, worked a treat. Smoothed the roof off, sprayed it & you would never have known it was ever there. Such an easy mod if you don't mind painting the roof!
Thanks given by:
If you don't want the hassle of paint vinyl it.

I do with the radio, 60 iPod full of shit music. Need to get some new music.

Mine worked well for a while, then just went bad and good depending on the day.
Thanks given by:
one of these down the rear window?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerful-AM-FM...3a75d033d6
Thanks given by:
My mums scoob has her Ariel attached to her black wing mirror cover thingy on the door and it's flushed so not obvious, don't know if it would be possible with this though..

Thanks given by:
Sorry to come over as a grammar nazi but its aerial btw. Ariel is a washing powder brand D: xxx
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2012, 10:46 PM)SRowell Wrote: Sorry to come over as a grammar nazi but its aerial btw. Ariel is a washing powder brand D: xxx

I was thinking this as I typed it!! Haha grammar Nazi!

Thanks given by:
He's not just a grammar nazi, he's a neo nazi.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad Ariel Advice partybish 10 2,383 21-09-2017, 08:29 PM
Last Post: partybish