What do we know about Renault 25s?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What do we know about Renault 25s?
Random I know but I've been offered one for free by a bloke in my local, he says it's a 2.0 manual in light blue, G reg, about 100k on it and hasn't moved for 5 years. His mate left it there when he went to work in Spain for 3 months, 5 years later he's decided he's not coming back. So doesn't sound like there's anything wrong, it was MOTed when it was parked up. If I move it it's mine, but apparently it won't start.

Worth bothering? Something like this...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&...6937162484
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
End of the day it's free. Worth putting some fuel in and charging the battery. Clean plugs then see what happens. If nothing weigh in for beer tokens
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
You had savings for a retro car right?

Get this get it road worth with the money and what's left stick a nice big engine in Wink
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Free? stick a battery on it see what it does. take it and give it a general clean/service and stick it through its mot, might pass first time you never know.

a frend had one and it wasn't to bad tbh, can have a good laugh in them.
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
I'm thinking it's worth a look at least, it's only a mile away as well. If I hadn't had 6 pints I'd nip over now...
Thanks given by:
I would say have a wander up but a miles a long f*cking way!

If you needs hand pal you got my number

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Horrid car.
Terrible thing, no power, terrible economy, awful electrics
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think my mum had one of those, years and years ago. If it's the same as I'm thinking, it had a very dodgy computer and would constantly say (audibly) that the boot was open...
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2014, 09:44 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: I would say have a wander up but a miles a long f*cking way!

If you needs hand pal you got my number

Thanks buddy, I would but it's fecking cold out and I have beer Big Grin

(29-01-2014, 09:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: Horrid car.
Terrible thing, no power, terrible economy, awful electrics

Is that from having driven one? From googling it, sounds like 130bhp in 1350kg, that's not that bad surely?

(29-01-2014, 09:50 PM)Curt Wrote: I think my mum had one of those, years and years ago. If it's the same as I'm thinking, it had a very dodgy computer and would constantly say (audibly) that the boot was open...

That actually sounds awesome, my old mans MG Montego did that lol
Thanks given by:
Yeah, a workmate had one for a while, his was the v6 I think, was gutless.
Very very comfy though...proper barge
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hmm, sounds alright. Is it sad that I'm quite excited by this? Who wants to pick me up and take me for a look seeing as I'm too pissed to drive? lol
Thanks given by:
seats will be comfey after that shes a french turd
Thanks given by:
Mate...as has been said, if its free, its gotta be worth accepting the offer, even if you do only scrap it. ThumbsUp
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
for free. get it. you can always scrap it.
Thanks given by:
Agreed... For free, do it!
JP
Thanks given by:
Can't even believe your debating it! Owt fo nowt

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Haha!

Maybe it's because, ever the Yorkshireman, and with Scottish blood in me, I will LITERALLY take wot for nowt Danny!
JP
Thanks given by:
worth a look for free, at the end of the day it can be scrapped. Bare this in mind, on how much they may go for working,
as sometimes an old car can be worth more running than scrap! a lot of 80s and early 90s hardware are starting to jump in value.
Thanks given by:
Had a look at these value-wise and they're worthless, completely worthless. Gonna go have a look tonight, see if I can at least get it running and get some pics for here!
Thanks given by:
Banger racing.

Can't think of a better use for it. I like the shaped rear window, but the rest of the car is hideous. I think it's one car that escapes being 'so old it's retro-cool' it's just kinda old and wank.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
To be honest, I sometimes have a thing for unloved, nearly extinct cars, someone has to keep them around...
Thanks given by:
Yea I get that. That's why you should buy my father in laws' Sierra 1.8 instead, at least that's something half-decent...!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
The fact that your still trying to shift that tells me everything I need to know about it. It's got the worst engine as well, CVH awfulness.
Thanks given by:
Get it, tastefully modify. Enjoy having a unique retro car.

Look at other cars that the majority of the male population are currently wanking over, old vw like the jettas, 'roccos, even caddys!

Technically terrible cars by today's standards, but lowered with some nice wheels and other mods they become poster material

Who cares if it's not fast or reliable. Enjoy being unique
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That's kinda what I'm thinking, especially since I've just got a quote for classic insurance at £188...
Thanks given by:
For example

[attachment=13199]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
That's kind of awesome! You on Retro Rides Zakk? You'd love some of the cars there, although most of the members/staff seem to be douchebags in my experience so I just lurk on there...
Thanks given by:
(30-01-2014, 11:36 AM)THE_Liam Wrote: That's kind of awesome! You on Retro Rides Zakk? You'd love some of the cars there, although most of the members/staff seem to be douchebags in my experience so I just lurk on there...

Yeah I occasionally have a browse haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
The one you linked looks nice..
Might make a nice, comfy daily barge for the cost of sorting a couple of little bits if you're lucky, and as others have said: if you get fed up, scrap it and profit.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So, I went and had a look, not sure whether to just weigh it in. It seems fairly solid, but there's no spark when I turn it over, the sunroof has been leaking and now the interior is so damp and mouldy it could do with just replacing (if I could find another!), It's got a fair few dents, scratches and patches of lacquer peel, and none of the electrics work...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Renault Laguna 2.2 dci vento85 3 1,313 26-10-2015, 12:42 PM
Last Post: vento85
Shocked 306 like Renault sport doski 33 5,414 18-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  friends renault 5 bashbarnard 8 1,432 16-08-2014, 02:04 PM
Last Post: procta