Tracking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tracking
Rainbow 
I had my tracking done 8 months ago. But I will be fitting my new peugeot partner P bushes on my 306 hdi. I'm just wandering does it make a difference to the tracking?

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
I bet it would be out a bit even without changing them...

So yes, lol. But if you have a good eye and some string you could learn to do it yaself. Done mine for years like that, no hint of irregular tyres wear and no hint of bump steer in my motor Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Yeh you could look into the string method or its £30 at the most for most places to do it with lasers etc.
Thanks given by:
Any change to a suspension component should be followed by checking your tracking. In the real world do it after a big job or once/twice a year id say is good practice.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2014, 11:23 PM)SRowell Wrote: Yeh you could look into the string method or its £30 at the most for most places to do it with lasers etc.

Nowhere round me does it for less than £60 now Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Your not too far from glos piggy? Protyre and chris mullins on bristol road are under £30.
Thanks given by:
If you've got a national tyres chain near you...go on their website, they've got vouchers for 15 quid alignments. That's what I'm doing next week.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Remember of course that any alignment job is only as good as the monkey doing the work...

From memory, the record I saw from a so called "professional" alignment was the tracking being 5 degrees out. Yes, that's degrees not minutes - suffice to say it was utterly attrocious to drive and looked a fair way out even to the naked eye Rolleyes

I just bought myself a cheap set of tracking gauges and do it myself - having multiple cars means that the gauges quickly paid for themselves and this way I know that it's done properly.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Ive always had a print out of before and after and had a chat to them so they let you know whats what.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 12:39 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Ive always had a print out of before and after and had a chat to them so they let you know whats what.

This, i make sure i can see the screen anyway lol
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 01:01 PM)Tom Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 12:39 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Ive always had a print out of before and after and had a chat to them so they let you know whats what.

This, i make sure i can see the screen anyway lol

Yeah you really should get a print out, especially as although only toe is adjustable, it will give you clues as to the state of your rear beam too.

I've got toe in on one wheel and toe out on another on the front currently...
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
So when your going straight your steering wheel is slightly off? ^^^^
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I had a print-out from kwik-fit and that's what it displayed. The car doesn't feel bad at all but I only drove it 5mins back from there and fully-laden down the motorway.

They wanted 50 quid to do that one adjustment though so I said no. Will take it to national tyres for 15.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
as above tracking makes a difference and to make it bit cheaper try to make sure every thing moves free on the track rod ends cus if it's sized could cost more in labour
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
Spent years using super trackers, from the standard laser tracker to the proper 4 wheel full geometry checker. And they aren't as accurate as you may think, they all tell different sometimes by 1 or 2 degrees or more depending how well the gauges are looked after. I think 60 quid for front toe adjustment is an outrage! My place the initial check of all round toe, camber and front caster is free. Basic front toe adjustment if its out is 30 quid. Be careful of places that pretend to adjust it if they know it already drives straight or when they are seized to save the hassle. Iv seen this no end of times in previous places iv worked and aggravates me to the core. Then when you return 3 months later with shredded tyres they'll remind your out of the 30 day warranty it comes with!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tracking Issue GTi6 gti6man 5 2,399 13-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  VIBRATION- balancing and tracking done thealphanoob 0 1,048 22-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: thealphanoob
  had my tracking done again today , and my steering wheel isnt straight jjenn20 22 4,907 10-04-2015, 07:15 AM
Last Post: welshpug