had my tracking done again today , and my steering wheel isnt straight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
had my tracking done again today , and my steering wheel isnt straight
Does any one know what this could be iv only had the droplinks and trackrods changed, it was fine befor
Thanks given by:
Assuming it was fine before and they've done the tracking, but the wheel isn't straight they haven't done the tracking properly. Just take it back and they should sort it
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I had it done on thursday, and it was driving in a straight line but my steering wheel is turned to the right, so I took it back to him today he re tracked it but its just stayed the same, he used them laser things, could it be something to do with the suspension ?
Thanks given by:
Is your head straight?
Thanks given by:
he needs to do it properly. the steering wheel needs to be in the middle and then each side needs to be adjusted. You could just take the wheel off and recentre but its not ideal!
Thanks given by:
If the bushings are worn it can be Impossible to get the tracking to "stick".
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
Iv just had new track rods and suspension drop links could they hav been fit wrong

Hey set the alinghtment to +2 when he tracked it and centerd the steering wheel
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 12:40 PM)jjenn20 Wrote: Hey set the alinghtment to +2 when he tracked it and centerd the steering wheel

It sounds like they centred the steering wheel off centre.
Thanks given by:
Im getting it done tomorrow in a different garage, but iv noticed my right strut isnt sitting into the hub properly is this bad the left side is ok
Thanks given by:
(07-04-2015, 12:54 PM)jjenn20 Wrote: Im getting it done tomorrow in a different garage, but iv noticed my right strut isnt sitting into the hub properly is this bad the left side is ok

Yes it's bad.

So your suspension is different heights too I take it due to it not being seated correctly? 

No point taking it elsewhere and paying again, just get the garage to do the job correctly, they sound like a great garage if they can't seat a strut properly and are trading as professionals!
Thanks given by:
How do I reset it ?
Thanks given by:
with spanners and hammers.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Do I just unod the nut and bash it up ??
Thanks given by:
Stick a picture up so we can see what you mean... It can't go down too far.
Thanks given by:
Ill get a few today hopefully, but for now al try to explain it in more detail, my left strut is seated flush to the bottom of the linkage but the right side needs dropping about a center meter befor it matches the left
Thanks given by:
Oh sorry, I misunderstood first time, yes you are right then. Check the little 'lump' on the back of the strut is in the slit in the back of the hub. If not, loosen and remove the pinch bolt and turn the strut. When it is in line carefully jack up under the hub just so the spring is under tension and give the hub a tap with a hammer, it should shock it down into the correct location.
Thanks given by:
You may need a new hub if the hole has ovalled
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Nice one Smile
I jacked the car up and put an axel stand under the strut, undid the pinch bolt and lowerd the jack the strut didnt move tho, do i need to twist the strut ??
Thanks given by:
Is the locating tab in the slit at the back of the hub?
Thanks given by:
Might be worth opening up the hub pinch point with an allen key (put in and turn to open up), take hub off strut, clean both and start again. Watch your fingers if the car weight is resting on the hub and you are feeling for a locating tab
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Yeh ill give it a try on monday, nice one guys
Thanks given by:
I'd recommend a wedge or chisel over an allen key tbh, can just see that snapping and leaving you in trouble.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
nope, allen key will not snap, its the psa reccomended method, chisels are not.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tracking Issue GTi6 gti6man 5 2,363 13-12-2018, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Ruan
  steering wheel not straight after beam change/new tyres Iaitoo 16 3,282 13-06-2016, 05:58 AM
Last Post: Poodle
  VIBRATION- balancing and tracking done thealphanoob 0 1,034 22-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Last Post: thealphanoob