front end needs pulling straight :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front end needs pulling straight :(
Does anyone know how much it would cost to have the front end of a dturbo pulled straight.... I went into back of a car other week about 25mph n my mechanic said it's shoved bonnet back n crumpled slightly on the brackets?? Please help oh n im a newbie Smile
Thanks given by:
More than the car is worth to be honest Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Theres not many on here that are into their bodywork sadly, probably the only thing we dont really have the support for, best bet is to take it to a bodyshop. But like piggy says its likely to cost what the car is worth. Depends how much you love it i spose. Then again your mechanic might not know what hes on about (no offence intended) Get a picture up for us.

Welcome to the forum btw Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
thanks for comments people good news... bin to see my mate and he says its repairable, just needs a new slam panel =D (could only find one... phase 1's are getting rare) Sad and ive managed to fine a bonnet, bumper and grill the same colour (sigma blue) Wink so going to have a fun weekend repairing the old girl, i will take pictures along the way and make a new thread for anyone that needs help Smile

oh and yes i love her to bits lol spent too much on her to give up now lol

Cheers
Alex
Thanks given by:
Get some pictures up. Has it only bend the bonnet and hinges?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Being an expert on this:

Step 1.0) Tie tow rope / hook to panel to be pulled straight
Step 2.0) Tie other end of rope to a lamp post
Step 3.0) Reverse hard

Optionally change step 2 & 3 for:

Step 2.1) Tie other end of rope to a truck/4x4/tractor (Hilux's works well)
Step 3.1) Apply handbrake and brake pedal firmly whilst friend drives Hilux in opposite direction

Lastly:

Step 4.0) Adjust rope if necessary and repeat step 3 until desired effect is achieved.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 04:06 PM)silverzx Wrote: Being an expert on this:

Step 1.0) Tie toe rope / hook to panel to be pulled straight
Step 2.0) Tie other end of rope to a lamp post
Step 3.0) Reverse hard

Optionally change step 2 & 3 for:

Step 2.1) Tie other end of rope to a truck/4x4/tractor (Hilux's works well)
Step 3.1) Apply handbrake and brake pedal firmly whilst friend drives Hilux in opposite direction

Lastly:

Step 4.0) Adjust rope if necessary and repeat step 3 until desired effect is achieved.

Haha, I've done this...to pull things straight again! normally gets hooked to a tree/tractor/digger anything heavy enough thats parked up.
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 04:14 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Haha, I've done this...to pull things straight again! normally gets hooked to a tree/tractor/digger anything heavy enough thats parked up.

I found pulling it with another vehicle gave more precision as the angle of it being pulled was easier to adjust with the secondary vehicle.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 04:15 PM)silverzx Wrote:
(24-01-2014, 04:14 PM)mr_fish Wrote: Haha, I've done this...to pull things straight again! normally gets hooked to a tree/tractor/digger anything heavy enough thats parked up.

I found pulling it with another vehicle gave more precision as the angle of it being pulled was easier to adjust with the secondary vehicle.

pfft precision

I took the approach of 'it looks straighter than it was'

probably why I don't really touch car bodywork.

anyways welcome newbie, get some pictures up Smile
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 04:20 PM)mr_fish Wrote: pfft precision

I took the approach of 'it looks straighter than it was'

probably why I don't really touch car bodywork.

anyways welcome newbie, get some pictures up Smile

Failing that get a hammer out and a crow bar. Worked wonders on the 205! whistle
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Yeah haha i've heard about doin that Wink knowing me i would go too fast and rip the whole front end off haha here's how she is at the min, will get some pics of the hinges and slam panel tomorrow Smile
Thanks given by:
"SRY" indeed!! Haha
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2014, 11:52 PM)Piggy Wrote: "SRY" indeed!! Haha

Init just haha was right pee'd of when i did it Sad no ABS and wheels locked up :/
Thanks given by:
Ah thats not bad. Just replace the panels and slam panrl and it'll be fine. Xxx
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 12:28 AM)SRowell Wrote: Ah thats not bad. Just replace the panels and slam panrl and it'll be fine. Xxx

Yeah thank god Smile got a busy weekend with her lol planning on getting her lowered at the end of next month, how much do you think she should be dropped by?
Thanks given by:
silkver zx is right with the rope idea or you can use ratchet strats and eyelets

edit just see picture just do what SR said if ya not that worried
Thanks given by:
Remove the front end. You'll probably want replace the slam panel but look at the metal behind it to see whether or not that has bent.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Not sure if I still have a slam panel kicking g about
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Ahhhh the good old rope idea, done that far to many times @ work, I find a oldskool forklift is the best to pull with!! Can get any angle you want then!!
Hope you get her repaired mate, would b a shame to see another phase 1 go!!
Thanks given by:
My mechanic is going to put the new bumper, bonnet, grill and slam panel on at the weekend Smile Really didn't want to scrap it. I regret scrapping my old white phase one Sad
Thanks given by:
Good!
Make sure the slam panel fits well, if it doesn't fit well and you know it is straight then something else may be out of alignment. Hopefully not though looking at that picture.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
I wish slam panels on 205's were removable. Oh and Nissan 200SX's... ninja
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Will do Big Grin Can't wait to get it fixed.. Smile
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
She is sorted people Smile had new struts and strut tops aswell, needs a few bushes doin as well but thats end of month Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 xsi vibrating harshly when pulling off Seabrook3607 33 5,379 27-01-2016, 11:20 AM
Last Post: Redordead89