306 xsi vibrating harshly when pulling off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 xsi vibrating harshly when pulling off
Very confused the way to describe it is its the engine shakes lightly as if you not giving it enough revs when changing gear but it isn't that any ideas ?
Thanks given by:
Only when clutch is pressed? Can you feel it through the clutch pedal?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like engine/gearbox mount has failed. Possibly cracked cup under top engine mount.

Either that or work on your clutch control lol. Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've noticed it recently sometimes it won't do it at all but it's becoming increasingly more noticeable , it's as I shift gears so as I bring clutch past the bite, that's when it'll shake same as if I shift down a gear when I bring clutch up to engage the gear you feel a shudder as it shifts. It can be felt even by passengers it's quite prominent literally feels as if your ladening the engine driving in 5th gear at 15mph for example

(23-01-2016, 12:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Sounds like engine/gearbox mount has failed. Possibly cracked cup under top engine mount.

Either that or work on your clutch control lol. [emoji14]
Trust me i thought it was just my clutch control for a while but then I realised there actually is a issue as I have to rev it up like I'm in a drag race to stop it from happening
Thanks given by:
Hmm, so if you rev it more it doesn't happen?

Do you get an idle problems? Revs dropping or hunting at traffic lights for example?
Thanks given by:
No I had thought that myself I did a couple weeks back but that seemed to sort itself out however between 3000 and 5000 revs the engine is very notchy losing/regaining power in surges but I've encountered this issue on other cars almost always turns out to be a air flow sensor or throttle positioning, however I'm not certain of these have a air sensor. / mass meter. It's extremely hard to explain as sometimes it'll be alright amd other times it will do what I've explained which rules out mounts.

Couple weeks ago after battery change it had a couple hours of revving itself up to 2.5revs and revving itself between 2-2.5 revs when ever car would slow to a halt but that issue corrected itself. Which was most unusual lol
Thanks given by:
These don't have a flow meter (MAF), but use an air pressure (MAP) sensor, it is possible that's failing but I don't think I've ever needed to change one so can't say for sure. Could also be a coil pack problem, is it worse when the engines warm or not really?

It does sound more like an engine fault than a mount fault now as you say.
Thanks given by:
Engine cold/warm makes no difference at all

Possibility of throttle position sensor and MAP sensor maybe ?
Thanks given by:
Have you got access to any diagnostics? Might be a fault code stored that could help here.
Thanks given by:
Not without a 50 quid charge which is quite a sting for a code or two :/ wouldn't the stop light be illuminating though , ?
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, didn't know if you knew anyone with diags. Don't suppose you're Manningtree way in Essex? I've got Pug Planet and am over that way every couple of weeks.

Stop light only comes on if the fans break lol, I've never seen it on for anything else! lol Engine light won't necessarily come on for minor faults either.
Thanks given by:
I'm braintree essex mate Smile
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Sounds like the clutch is dead to me, where is the bite point?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Bite is high , done alot of clutches before but never had this problem occur by a failing clutch...
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2016, 01:58 PM)Seabrook3607 Wrote: I'm braintree essex mate Smile

Ah, too far unfortunately, you're welcome to come over if you're ever over near Ipswich for any reason lol.
Thanks given by:
What is it you have ? A diag ?
Thanks given by:
Peugeot Planet, dealer diagnostic tool. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Yeah I thought that's what it was , they can re tweek the ecu or clear alter the set up can't they?
Thanks given by:
Well it's mostly fault reading/clearing and live data streams on 306s. Can do a lot more on the newer Pugs!
Thanks given by:
I see Smile could be very hand ly to have! Bet that's expensive bit of gear though
Thanks given by:
Originally yes... However ours are all cheap Chinese ones lol, about £50, pays for itself in one reading, plus I used to buy lots of broken Peugeots at one point lol.
Thanks given by:
Good idea ! Maybe it'll show some faults in mine perhaps? But knowing my luck it won't haha , prob is I'm a ford know it all not clued up so much on pugs
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with Fords. Wink

I'm yet to read one without any faults lol, so I'm sure there will be some, but whether any are of use to your currently problem is a different matter!
Thanks given by:
Guess either way wouldn't do it any harm to clear it's backlog perhaps
Thanks given by:
Could be contamination on the clutch plate from an oil or water leak above
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
I know but engine shudder isn't normally the signs of a worn clutch or is it on these? Still quite concerned as I said the engine gives power drops and gains up and down between 3krpm and 5krpm and now this issue to with gear change :/
Thanks given by:
Shudder is often contamination on the clutch plate. Didn't say it was worn.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2016, 12:35 AM)adam b Wrote: Shudder is often contamination on the clutch plate. Didn't say it was worn.

Yup +1 first port of call! May save you £££'s
Have this occasionally with mx bikes!
Thanks given by:
This is getting on my nerves now see, it doesn't do it all the time that's what annoys me it seems to be worse in wet weather and sometimes won't happen at all then ill have a really crap pull away then not then it will again it's starting to drive me nuts!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front end needs pulling straight :( toyo16 24 3,714 08-02-2014, 05:13 PM
Last Post: toyo16