Back in a Peugeot!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back in a Peugeot!
(03-03-2014, 10:17 PM)Tallguy_2 Wrote:
(03-03-2014, 09:34 AM)RetroPug Wrote: Looking really great, engine bay looks really smart as well!
How easy was the plastic dye to use? Did you accidentally get any on the paint? Anything else I should be aware of?
The acres of black plastic on the P1 need doing! lmao

Edit: Also, what did you use to dress the plastics? I've had success with a few things but none have been particularly permanent sadly.

Doesn't the phase 1 have grey plastic trim? I haven't dressed them at all, that is just the plasticare, I guess you could use an original black spray or something though, every piece of literature and the bottle refers to this as a permanent fix.
I applied it with a small piece f sponge working in 1 piece of trim at a time whilst having a rag in the other to remove any excess is caught the paint with, got to get it off ASAP as it will dry.

(03-03-2014, 09:52 AM)Grant Wrote: This car looks so clean. Are you bringing it to any of this shows this year?

Yeah hopefully grant, current race dates are having a bit of a clash too. Possibly up to ace soon as well!

I meant dressing the plastics in the engine bay, oops! What did you use for that basically?

The P1 306's plastics are supposed to be black but they've faded to grey.

Thanks!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
...[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
.... ?

Here you go retro pug, hopefully this link will give you the discount!

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/orders/orde...icare.html
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Looks so lush man!!

Not sure what you use in engine bay but you can get proper bottles of aerospace stuff that brings up engine bay plastics like that
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(04-03-2014, 06:48 AM)Tallguy_2 Wrote: .... ?

Here you go retro pug, hopefully this link will give you the discount!

http://www.205gtidrivers.com/orders/orde...icare.html

Thanks.
I mean when you cleaned the engine bay and got it all shiny looking...what did you use?
Will definitely order some plasticare though, thanks!

(04-03-2014, 07:44 AM)Piggy Wrote: Looks so lush man!!

Not sure what you use in engine bay but you can get proper bottles of aerospace stuff that brings up engine bay plastics like that.
Yeah got some of that, works great on interior plastics and it does work well on engine bay ones as well but the finish doesn't last too long.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2014, 11:40 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: ...[HEAVY BLACK HEART]️

= love it Smile

Thanks given by:
Looking awesome Jamie Smile. Love what you're doing with it... and the red carpet!
Thanks given by:
This looks so nice, makes we want a 205 so badly...

Any plans to gti6 it yet...
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Looking at the first pic and have to agree the car is sooo much nice on std silver rims Smile

Thanks given by:
No, definitely not Sam, not in this one mate, it's too original to do that too in my opinion.

However the prospect is very tempting!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
As much as i love the idea of a RS in a 205, i do agree that it is mint enough to keep standard. Do so and in years to come it should be worth a fair bit. They really are starting to fetch a lot of money now. I saw a mint standard 1.9 go on ebay a few weeks back for 6k!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Yeah hopefully!

Put it back on standard ecu and AFM settings today, so much nicer!!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Not too much has been happening lately, busy with other cars for sale, BTCC for brands hatch last weekend and then coventry racing tonight, besides going to work!

Had the car sent off and put on the rolling road last week for timing etc to be set up properly. We tried doing it with a light but you simply cannot get to the hole to see the marks!

With 130 bhp as standard and having done 170,000 I was hoping to see 100 bhp at best.

The timing was altered and changed to match back to the standard ecu, gaining a much smoother line all the way to peak now as it had a massive flat spot when we first ran it. The fuelling on the AFM is now standard as it was overfuelling and the mixture set right gave me a grand total of 120 bhp which is great!

More beneficial though is the fact it now pulls so well as the torques increased by 10lb/ft and it's actually quite economical now it's not overfuelling, idles properly and ticks over a treat!

I've been using it daily though for the last week as the SEAT has run out of MOT and required parts are on a 7 day back order!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Do you know what power it did make in the end?

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
120 mate
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
That's not bad considering the age and mileage!
Really love the car and attention to detail.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Cheers man!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
Coming to pugfest Jamie?
Thanks given by: