Ice help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice help
Right I've just swapped my stupidly heavy pored sub box for a box that 3/4 of the size it's ported. But sounds shocking in comparison.

I need a lighter box, as my current weighed the same as my step brother(didnt have any scales so picked the two up lol)

So my question is, can I get a similar sound too the old box with a lighter box? I didn't mind the size so much, it was just the fact it weighed the same as a person,

I have a 800w 12" mutant sun powered by a 600w amp. Which for my music was okay. I want something that sounds good but doesn't take up the whole boot or feel like I've got a dead body back there
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
What makes the difference between ported and unported? What's the sound difference also? As I might go get a box from halfords haha
Thanks given by:
Ported generally gives a deeper, lower sound (all dependant on the size of the port...) and sealed will gave a tighter more accurate sound, better for SQ. Sealed is my choice personally, I'm all about the SQ and it's much more versatile...

The size difference has probably had an effect, as it's important to get it right with ported enclosures (as it is with them all...). If you get a sealed one, it could probably be a fair bit smaller (and therefore, lighter) as they don't need as much space.

My box is actually rather large, but I don't think it's hugely heavy? I'll try and get you a link of where I bought it, should be cheaper than Halfrauds.
Thanks given by:
You've seen the box in mine? It's ridiculous with one large port along the bottom, might just go for a sealed one then turn the bass right up hahah
Thanks given by:
Yeah, although I'm sure mine is bigger (heh heh) so I don't know why yours would be soo heavy...

That'd be my choice mate Smile
Thanks given by:
I think the boxes are about £30 in halfords. going to go sealed. I'll get a accurate weight of the box up.

Be something to lol about
Thanks given by:
That's not too bad... once you take into account postage online. Sealed is FTW though Big Grin
Thanks given by: