Carl Chambers Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Chambers Rallye
I know I went to the extreme there, but I would rather see a museum of USED cars with great stories behind them rather a museum full of barn finds/stored cars...

Of course I dont wana see a bunch of knackered skoda fabias and fiat pandas and citroen AXs...no offence to any of them of course
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 06:59 PM)Niall Wrote: pulllies are interchangeable. Just unbolt the old and bolt the new on. You will need the bolts that go with the later type as well.

Edit: what the hell. How have i managed to talk about a different subject in this thread? lol

thanks for ya info ... the snapper is now dust but ile check the pullys on me current whip... cheers again niall....
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 07:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: I know I went to the extreme there, but I would rather see a museum of USED cars with great stories behind them rather a museum full of barn finds/stored cars...

Of course I dont wana see a bunch of knackered skoda fabias and fiat pandas and citroen AXs...no offence to any of them of course

And this is why the owners of motor museums are probably no where near as closed minded as you Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 06:33 PM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(21-01-2014, 06:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: I would pay more...esp as each one would come with a decent story behind it, rather than "it was kept in this barn for X years then this owner bought it and polished it for the next X years then we aquired it and have had it since then"

Piggy of course you're going to say that as you'd argue black was white, you'll argue it until people give up.

Exactly. They're completely different.
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 07:09 PM)Piggy Wrote: I know I went to the extreme there, but I would rather see a museum of USED cars with great stories behind them rather a museum full of barn finds/stored cars...

This.

2 Museums:
- Museum 1 has Ari Vatanens' 405 T16 Pikes Peak car in there, still half covered in the Pikes Peak dust, still with the splitter damage and lower body gravel rash.
It has Leob's DS3 in there complete with all the crash damage from the last event.
It has a leggy NSX driven by Senna.
The worn out remains of the 6R4 that Mcrae had before it got restored.
It has the rusted shell of an old 306, complete with cage, track mods and worn out semi slicks, completely knackered but evidently well abused.

- And museum 2 has a 405 T16 Pikes Peak in it that was built at the same time as a spare car, but has never turned a wheel in anger.
It has the spare DS3 built entirely for press/advertising purposes.
It has a delivery milage NSX.
It's got 6R4 that was built for homologation and has spent 30 years in a barn instead of racing. (Complete with perished rubbers and seized suspension joints)
It's got a pristine 306 Rallye that probably never gets more than a passing glance.

I'm going to museum number 1, thanks.
f*ck museum 2.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
But its never a clean cut like that with car museums!
Thanks given by:
Whos to say hes not keeping it until theres barely any 306s left and hes got a mint low milage one that Peugeot owe him years of favours for borrowing and the hes going to have his fun with it and get his enjoyment.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 07:55 PM)PE02KHG Wrote: Whos to say hes not keeping it until theres barely any 306s left and hes got a mint low milage one that Peugeot owe him years of favours for borrowing and the hes going to have his fun with it and get his enjoyment.

Haha great point. Plus, how many people here keep their car in a heated, police data line secured garage? lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Seen this before, most of those miles are from him driving it home
Thanks given by: