Carl Chambers Rallye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carl Chambers Rallye
went to peugeot today to order some tweeter mirror covers, and my partner is interested in the 208 GTI. The salesman gave me some brochures and also a magazine on fast pugs. Reading through and i came across this, i was like i know him haha well kind of

[Image: IMAG0802_zpsrftftavd.jpg]
[Image: IMAG0803_zpsyxl0cxbe.jpg]
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Still on the original cam belt and oil!? I do hope he never even thinks of starting that bloody thing! Is this the one thatr Peugeot are renting from him to put in their reception at their UK office? I thought that was on something silly like 72 miles!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
sorry, but whats the point? rag it and love it...or let someone else have the fun
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
haha well the top pic shows him driving it, so must not have went bang when he started it. Doesnt say in the feature Niall if thats the one or not
Heart 306
Thanks given by:
Not a great advert for Peugeot where they lose a hole yard full of cars...
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 04:48 PM)Piggy Wrote: sorry, but whats the point? rag it and love it...or let someone else have the fun

What a silly comment.

Luckily we have people like Carl so cars like this can be preserved for the future, this is the sort of car that will spring up in 20 years time still immaculate & be worth a fortune, a great piece of history.

Met Carl a few times, he owns some GREAT cars & this Rallye has something like 600 miles on it.
Thanks given by:
Hes right ^^ History and all that jazz. I know a guy whos got a 206 gti180 with like 8 miles on it or something absolutely stunning in black top spec. Its kept in a container on one of his many plots of land lol!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
What a waste though!

I would much rather find, in 20yrs, a rallye with 150k on the clock, used daily to hoon around in but loved, cherished, cared and serviced as it should be
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 07:37 PM)Piggy Wrote: What a waste though!

I would much rather find, in 20yrs, a rallye with 150k on the clock, used daily to hoon around in but loved, cherished, cared and serviced as it should be

Why?

Why not a concourse model?
Thanks given by:
Of what good is a concourse model?

'Oh look, this guy spends all his time cleaning and towing his car around to shows'....yawn

I wana see this bloke hooning round a track showing us why a rallye was built
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
But then it'd get dirty! Confused

I've also met Carl a couple of times at meets, not seen the Rallye though.....would be nice to see what 306's looked like before having 100k+ of previous owners damaging things tbh.
Thanks given by:
Im with piggy, a car that's meant to be driven should be Tongue
I don't get the point in having a great driving car then keeping it hidden away just so you can polish it once a week, but then I'm the kind of guy whos walked past the "my cars cleanest" stands at shows
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Yeah sorry, Im sure its lovely and all but all I can do is stop myself from laughing at show n shine stands
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 07:49 PM)Toms306 Wrote: But then it'd get dirty! Confused

I've also met Carl a couple of times at meets, not seen the Rallye though.....would be nice to see what 306's looked like before having 100k+ of previous owners damaging things tbh.

Wow tom met someone new!!! :-)

I agree with piggy and also with jj.
Yes it's a driving car and if I had one I'd without a doubt be driving it the way it should be!
But one that mint I'd wanna keep it in that condition and buy doing that it would have to be sorted and never driven.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What does it matter what the guy does with HIS car? That's kind of up to him... The fact that it will probably be worth a few quid in the not too distant future is probably one of the reasons.
Thanks given by:
To be fair i'm sure he owns/owned plenty of other cars/306's to play with, so keeping one mint is not going to bother him too much.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 07:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: Of what good is a concourse model?

'Oh look, this guy spends all his time cleaning and towing his car around to shows'....yawn

You would eat your words if you knew what else was in his garage!

The fact that Peugeot ask Carl to use his car for promotional material shows that it's not pointless at all. It's not like it's an incredibly rare car - just a preserved limited edition. If he wants to thrash one around a track he has full use of an ex-BTCC 306 or a road-legal BTCC replica...or 2 or 3 different 205s...or his Clio V6...

Don't judge before you've done your homework!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
It's not the only one that Peugeot rent from him IIRC. His garage line up is what dreams are made of... Although last time I met him he was borrowing a brand new RCZ in return for peugeot borrowing one of his... Lol
Thanks given by:
I am referring to concourse cars, as per my quote.

I still would prefer to see it used than wasted...Pug only want it to promote and thus sell more cars
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 08:38 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Wow tom met someone new!!! :-)

This was about 4 years ago lol... Tbf I didn't even know who he was at the time, just some random guy with a 205 at a 306 meet... lol

(20-01-2014, 08:50 PM)Ricky Wrote: To be fair i'm sure he owns/owned plenty of other cars/306's to play with, so keeping one mint is not going to bother him too much.

Completely agree with this.

And is what I'd do if I ever had a load of spare money to waste on a few cars...keep one prestine, and use another daily. Keep it tidy, but it's not gutting when someone twats the door in a car park as you've still got a nice one safely at home...
Thanks given by:
I can understand him keeping it mint and not using it. If no one did things like that, places like Beaulieu motor museum would be empty. Yeah its a proper drivers car IMO but its nice to see someone preserving a bit of history so that in years to come when your walking around a motor museum with your grandkids, you can turn round to them and say "i used to have one of them. They don't make them like they used to!" and then point at a MK6 golf GTI and say point proven!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'd rather have my grandkids round, strap them in the passenger seat and take them out in it or pass it on to them for them to experience it rather than them just be able to take a picture of one at a museum
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I think someone does need to preserve a few good examples of each model just so cars don't become extinct. A mate of mine has a Renault 18 Turbo in a lockup, it's utterly shite but I'm tempted to buy it and restore it just because there aren't ANY left on the road...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I agree with keeping it tip top especialy when he has loads of other awsome cars to have some fun in.
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 08:26 AM)Piggy Wrote: I'd rather have my grandkids round, strap them in the passenger seat and take them out in it or pass it on to them for them to experience it rather than them just be able to take a picture of one at a museum

Good luck with that. How many people will own road going 306's in 30 years time? lol
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 08:26 AM)Piggy Wrote: I'd rather have my grandkids round, strap them in the passenger seat and take them out in it or pass it on to them for them to experience it rather than them just be able to take a picture of one at a museum

But again why? I can't see your beef with this, when there are other cars to serve the purpose you post about. This is to be preserved, like an artpiece if you will.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 10:27 AM)Grant Wrote:

Good luck with that. How many people will own road going 306's in 30 years time? lol

Depends if Chris keeps scrapping them lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 07:47 PM)Piggy Wrote: Of what good is a concourse model?

Lol piggy go and search YouTube for Carl chambers
He has an epic lime green 306 he Rally's quit successfuly
Thumbs up to the guy in being able to invest monies in dormant cars and expensive motorsport
Thanks given by:
He's currently putting a Clio V6 engine and rear floor pan into the back of a 306 shell, as well as racing in an ex-btcc 306 among many other projects I've heard of so he's doing a lot more interesting things playing about with 306s than anyone in this thread can claim to be.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 07:18 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: What a silly comment.

Not really, cars are made to be driven, I see no point in having a car renowned for it's driving experience that you don't drive.

Same as all these low milage supercars and racecars you see in people's collections, it's a complete waste of the car, you may as well just have a replica made out of some body panels, stick it in a corner on display and let someone actually drive the real car and enjoy doing what it was designed to do. The 'art' in a car like the Rallye is how it drives, not how it looks.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by: