splitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
splitter
Whats the biggest splitter I can fit to a ph 3?
Thanks given by:
Vented espace splitter?
[Image: attachment.php?aid=9919]
Thanks given by:
Will it fit straight on? And biggest as in closest to the floor?

(20-01-2014, 12:12 AM)DazzaHDI Wrote: Vented espace splitter?

But thanks, il have a look about getting one
Thanks given by:
You'll need to drill holes in the splitter (it's made of hard rubber so not a problem, and cut the ends off to make it the right length.
Then you just bolt it to the bumper using the holes in the underside of the bumper.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Its quite square and i doubt it would look great but the corrado vr6 splitter is 90mm
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 09:03 AM)RetroPug Wrote: You'll need to drill holes in the splitter (it's made of hard rubber so not a problem, and cut the ends off to make it the right length.
Then you just bolt it to the bumper using the holes in the underside of the bumper.

Yeah I know about fitting it juat wondered if its the right size, but thanks

(20-01-2014, 09:15 AM)PE02KHG Wrote: Its quite square and i doubt it would look great but the corrado vr6 splitter is 90mm

Haha awesome thanks, I'll have a look
Thanks given by:
It's too long at either end, however it is very easy to cut as it is rubber.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 12:06 PM)RetroPug Wrote: It's too long at either end, however it is very easy to cut as it is rubber.

Okay sweet cheers
Thanks given by:
Retro pug is spot on there, or you could have the Laguna splitter? Which hasn't got that extra lip on the bottom, not sure on the corrado one, never looked at one *goes and looks*
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 01:14 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: Retro pug is spot on there, or you could have the Laguna splitter? Which hasn't got that extra lip on the bottom, not sure on the corrado one, never looked at one *goes and looks*

Whats the difference between the laguna one and espace one? And the corrado one doesn't look like it will fit? And dont think it's to sensible because my car is lowered by 60mm ish...
Thanks given by:
I've got a vented laguna splitter, not sure what the difference is really without having them side by side.
It scraped a tiny bit very occasionally on my std. ride height '6 but only on very big speed bumps and sloped driveways, and it's rubber and flexible so no bother really.

Where are you based?

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 01:45 PM)RetroPug Wrote: I've got a vented laguna splitter, not sure what the difference is really without having them side by side.
It scraped a tiny bit very occasionally on my std. ride height '6 but only on very big speed bumps and sloped driveways, and it's rubber and flexible so no bother really.

Where are you based?

Fair enough, haha my road has speed bumps in and my drive is sloped :L, and Bournemouth, you?

You got a photo of your car with the splitter on?
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 01:48 PM)azzaboi306 Wrote: Fair enough, haha my road has speed bumps in and my drive is sloped :L, and Bournemouth, you?

Oxford, but sometimes the midlands. Was wondering if you wanted mine, not sure whether I can be bothered to post it yet lol.

At the bottom of the first post is an action shot at the ring: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19890.html

Shown below on my Ph.2.

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's the Laguna splitter, the espace splitter has an extra lip underneath, I think I have a pic on my phone but I'm on my phone at the moment :/
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2014, 02:46 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(20-01-2014, 01:48 PM)azzaboi306 Wrote: Fair enough, haha my road has speed bumps in and my drive is sloped :L, and Bournemouth, you?

Oxford, but sometimes the midlands. Was wondering if you wanted mine, not sure whether I can be bothered to post it yet lol.

At the bottom of the first post is an action shot at the ring: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-19890.html

Shown below on my Ph.2.

fair enough, and hahaha, well if your guna sell it i'll happily buy it, and that does look pretty beaut! we have an espace in for mot tomorrow, might unbolt it Wink

(20-01-2014, 08:53 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: Yeah that's the Laguna splitter, the espace splitter has an extra lip underneath, I think I have a pic on my phone but I'm on my phone at the moment :/

oh right, haha, can you show me the other one when you have time please?
Thanks given by:
They look largely the same but the espace ones stick out a bit more I think, both come either vented (the holes at the edges) or unvented.
I really like mine on the Ph.2 but that's being killed soon and I'm not sure they look as good on Ph.1s...

Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2014, 12:13 PM)RetroPug Wrote: They look largely the same but the espace ones stick out a bit more I think, both come either vented (the holes at the edges) or unvented.
I really like mine on the Ph.2 but that's being killed soon and I'm not sure they look as good on Ph.1s...

Yeah ive noticed the difference now betweeen yours and the espace, and fair enough
Thanks given by:
not the best pic but heres the Espace one :

[attachment=12982]

heres the Laguna one :

[attachment=12984]

see how the Espace has the extra lip underneath, sorry about the sh*t pics Smile
Thanks given by:
(22-01-2014, 07:37 PM)DazzaHDI Wrote: not the best pic but heres the Espace one :

heres the Laguna one :

see how the Espace has the extra lip underneath, sorry about the sh*t pics Smile

yee think the espace one is nicer, and haha no worries
Thanks given by:
What about the Leon one? Confused
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 02:06 PM)Piggy Wrote: What about the Leon one? Confused

does it fit okay?
Thanks given by:
Not sure tbh, but know a few have done so
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 02:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: Not sure tbh, but know a few have done so

oh right fair play, il look into it, thanks
Thanks given by:
Mk5 Astras and twintop splitters fit, needs a inch cutting from the centre but other than that was a straight forward spliter to fit, believe it 2 b a lil bigger than the Laguna 1
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 02:18 PM)Choppin Wrote: Mk5 Astras and twintop splitters fit, needs a inch cutting from the centre but other than that was a straight forward spliter to fit, believe it 2 b a lil bigger than the Laguna 1

okay sweet thanks, and do you leave it with a split in the middle? or can you get it like plastic welded?
Thanks given by:
They come in 2 pieces and normally slot together in the middle, I just used a lil bit of bonder that I use 2 stick spoilers n stuff on cars @ work n put a sh*te load behind it, think thers a photo of it on here somwhere!! Haha il av a butchers 4 ya mate
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 02:35 PM)Choppin Wrote: They come in 2 pieces and normally slot together in the middle, I just used a lil bit of bonder that I use 2 stick spoilers n stuff on cars @ work n put a sh*te load behind it, think thers a photo of it on here somwhere!! Haha il av a butchers 4 ya mate

ohh right, hahahaha fair enough, and sweet
Thanks given by:
Here's a link 2 the tread with a photo of the splitter I had on my XSi
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-7668.htm...=Splitters
Thanks given by:
(25-01-2014, 02:41 PM)Choppin Wrote: Here's a link 2 the tread with a photo of the splitter I had on my XSi
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-7668.htm...=Splitters

looks pretty sweet, how low was that car?
Thanks given by:
Was told it was standard hight but parked next to other 306's it was a tiny bit lower, the splitter was made out of a rubber not plastic so it bends a lil as well
Thanks given by: