XUD TDT- Status = SELLING ALL THE BITS.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD TDT- Status = SELLING ALL THE BITS.
[attachment=13394]

To be honest.. these are about the same size as a gearbox off a 1000cc motorbike.

If i can mock up some sort of selector drum this might just work.. even by using the original gearing. Undecided
...85cc Petrol 0 Doors... - ...135MPG... - ...£17 Tax...
Thanks given by:
If you can make our gear boxes sequential some how, you will sell a massive amount of the bits to convert them. Sequential is so racecar and we all love that!!

Just watched this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1APhLQVtlE

So basically weld a few pins onto the selector forks and machine a drum then gogogogo??? Wink
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Say I did set one up for a XUD, using the same bell housing/cases. would it fit any other models? Say a 6 or something.

Inlove [Image: 110020d1233269877-sequential-gearbox-sale-p1270011.jpg]

(07-02-2014, 09:57 PM)Tom Wrote: If you can make our gear boxes sequential some how, you will sell a massive amount of the bits to convert them. Sequential is so racecar and we all love that!!

Just watched this... HHHHHHHEEEEEYYYYYYYY A VVVIIIDEOOOOOO

So basically weld a few pins onto the selector forks and machine a drum then gogogogo??? Wink

Ha seen that a weeks or so a go.

like i said it just needs a selector drum. The ballache is keeping reverse gear.!!

With the space in the cases, the reverse gear may have to go bibi.. or relocated to a random place
Thanks given by:
Have reverse on a cable and a boot popper solenoid...

Remember the '6 has a 6 speed box as opposed to our measly 5 speeds Sad
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Get an electric motor for reverse, on your non driven rear wheel. simple.

Get crackin on a sequential box now!
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 10:45 PM)Martin306 Wrote: Get an electric motor for reverse, on your non driven rear wheel. simple.

This.

That's how it was on our Westfield, an electric motor in between propshaft and the fire blade gearbox, came off though as it's just a track weapon
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 10:45 PM)Martin306 Wrote: Get an electric motor for reverse, on your non driven rear wheel. simple.

I was thinking more along the lines of selling to other people after its tested lol Itwasntme so i wish to keep the rev in the gearbox itself

Or at least the plans on how to do it. Guide ect..ect Sleepy

Tom.. Are they the same on the outside though? like same bolt holes, to bolt on to the crank? Huh
Thanks given by:
Yeah '6 box fits xud engine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 11:09 PM)Tom Wrote: Yeah '6 box fits xud engine.

Good to know cheers bud.

I'm going to carry on with the trike build and do the seggy on the fly..

on a side note.. anyone got some f*cked gearboxes? Itwasntme (just incase) lmao
Thanks given by:
ive got a few more Wink
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
By f*cked I mean free lmao

Oh.. just add one of these! there only...... $19,000???? might fit a 306 lmao
http://sheptrans.com/products/evo-x-5-sp...-gear-box/
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2014, 09:57 PM)Tom Wrote: So basically weld a few pins onto the selector forks and machine a drum then gogogogo??? Wink

And remove the synchro's, and rings, have a full dog-engagement gearset and selector rings machined. And mod the casings for bearings for the selector shaft, if you can even fit it in.

May as well just buy a dog box by the time you've done.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 12:05 AM)Rippthrough Wrote:
(07-02-2014, 09:57 PM)Tom Wrote: So basically weld a few pins onto the selector forks and machine a drum then gogogogo??? Wink

And remove the synchro's, and rings, have a full dog-engagement gearset and selector rings machined. And mod the casings for bearings for the selector shaft, if you can even fit it in.

May as well just buy a dog box by the time you've done.

Calm down.. its a bit of fun lmao Angel

I'm trying to do this cos I'm a lazy. not for SUUPER DOOPER fast gear changes at 12k rpm lmao oh wait its a car engine. Puke I mean 1.2k rpm Big Grin
syc-mesh will do.. hopefully...TMI
Thanks given by:
Well, if you ain't changing the gears, why even bother mucking about inside the box trying to use a selector drum?

Use the forks that are already and just run a converter on the outside of the box to change it from H-pattern to sequential.
You'll probably f*ck the synchro's anyway from the force/speed you try to change with a lever setup like that, but at least it's ten times easier to make and if the box dies you just bolt it on the next one...
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 12:43 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: Well, if you ain't changing the gears, why even bother mucking about inside the box trying to use a selector drum?

Use the forks that are already and just run a converter on the outside of the box to change it from H-pattern to sequential.
You'll probably f*ck the synchro's anyway from the force/speed you try to change with a lever setup like that, but at least it's ten times easier to make and if the box dies you just bolt it on the next one...

Its just a bit of fun to be had with a spare box.. there is one already on the engine.

How much are those converter things again? lmao
Thanks given by:
Make one...
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 12:51 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: Make one...

Back in half an hour.. have to look shit up now Big Grin Damn you..
----------------------------------
Nope.... Sticking to my guns. Happy times.

(If i blow a box.. No worries Danny2009 has a few) :ROFL:
Thanks given by:
Just a selector drum, ratchet and two cables.
You can even do it with just a pair of doubled up ratchets pulling on the cables, although harder to setup as you need them on springs then.
Thanks given by:
Think we need to make the frame up, and get the engine running before thinking about a seggy box at the moment, as you want this built tested and on the road for pugfest in 5 months... uhhhhh lol
Thanks given by:
5 month! better get welder out then!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 11:25 AM)Dean Wrote: Think we need to make the frame up, and get the engine running before thinking about a seggy box at the moment, as you want this built tested and on the road for pugfest in 5 months... uhhhhh lol

Fheck! ... Come over then! .. noob Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Laying out the frame,

Its going to be 1.6m at the widest point (tip of wheels)

Length is going to be about 2.3m From Front of wheels to back of back wheel..
but the front of the frame will protrude past the wheels.. by 300mm ish.
Thanks given by:
But the big question is can you just left off quick and bang it into the next gear without using the clutch? Or do you NEED the dog something synchros to do that? This would strictly be sequential and you would still need to use the clutch as you do now?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 03:30 PM)Tom Wrote: But the big question is can you just left off quick and bang it into the next gear without using the clutch? Or do you NEED the dog something synchros to do that? This would strictly be sequential and you would still need to use the clutch as you do now?

Need the dog gears for that, synchro gears have to.. sync up before the gear change is smooth. Dogs you can just bang it in.. in fact the faster you change the smoother it is

I was on a great website last night. i will try n find it...

Found it! http://www.carbibles.com/transmission_bible.html its 2/3rd the way down i think
Thanks given by:
James when have you booked holidays in for work? As in after April ish.
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 06:17 PM)Dean Wrote: James when have you booked holidays in for work? As in after April ish.

Nah I've got like 30 odd days to use lol. what days you wanting to go? Gimme the days you wanna go.. i can sharp book em off.
Thanks given by:
Interesting read this Smile

Make me a sequential box Smile

:p
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 07:02 PM)Grant Wrote: Interesting read this Smile

Make me a sequential box Smile

:p

Seggy will be coming after the build sorry Tongue.

I'm going to make one for me.. test it for a month.
How i do it, Still unknownUndecided

What about a kit to bolt on to the gearbox in some way to convert? TMI

Dont ask.

[attachment=13419]

lmao
Thanks given by:
and after you've tried yours for a month, i want one lol
Thanks given by:
(08-02-2014, 07:59 PM)Dean Wrote: and after you've tried yours for a month, i want one lol

Nope. Itwasntme
Thanks given by: