Decent 14" tyre?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent 14" tyre?
The fronts on 205 are starting to get low and with all the water we've been having lately , i'd prefer to change them a bit before the limit because they're not doing much gripping.

On the car now are 175/60/14 Falken Zeix ZE912

Now they're shit i think but then again they were half worn when i started using them, they're also only 40quid each so worth trying again maybe.

But on black circles atm Kumho K17 are cheaper still at 38quid and are rated slightly better by black circles, both get really good reviews online. Has anyone got an experience with either of these or with any other 14" tyre that would be worth buying over these??

I an ideal world i would like some 15's so i can put some michelins on there and be done with it but i dont know any wheels that would work on the 205. If anyone can help with that please say.

All help is much appriciated.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(11-01-2014, 06:00 PM)Tom Wrote: The fronts on 205 are starting to get low and with all the water we've been having lately , i'd prefer to change them a bit before the limit because they're not doing much gripping.

On the car now are 175/60/14 Falken Zeix ZE912

Now they're shit i think but then again they were half worn when i started using them, they're also only 40quid each so worth trying again maybe.

But on black circles atm Kumho K17 are cheaper still at 38quid and are rated slightly better by black circles, both get really good reviews online. Has anyone got an experience with either of these or with any other 14" tyre that would be worth buying over these??

I an ideal world i would like some 15's so i can put some michelins on there and be done with it but i dont know any wheels that would work on the 205. If anyone can help with that please say.

All help is much appriciated.

I had uniroyal rainexperts on the front of my 306, never wheelspan in the wet (was a 1.4) great grip in all weathers, tire wall flexed abit though!
£44 each here http://www.tyretraders.com/tyreInformati...AINEX.html
can vouch for the site too, used it 3 times been great everytime, just have to get the tyres fitted yourself!
Thanks given by:
Well, as I said in the other thread, I have nothing but good things to say about my ZE914s... Which were the replacement of yours, but I believe they're very similar. Although this is in 225/40/18 so the characteristics are going to be different... I don't think you can beat them for the money. Not sure if you can get them in that size? On Camskill they only list ZE912s...

Other than that, I also like my Uniroyals in 195/50/15 and my old Avon ZZ3s were fantastic.
Thanks given by:
Personally 175 are a bit small so no wonder there not brilliant, i d say bang some 185s on there instead would make a difference

Maybe 185 55s for slightly wider and firmer sidewall
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The original speedlines on the 205 GTi 1.9 were 15" weren't they? Any reason why you can't have them or similar on your car? I'm not sure what the offset was of the 205 GTi wheels, but you could maybe look in to this and get a 2nd hand set of 306 XSi 15" wheels?
Thanks given by:
If you're after 14", I run Uniroyal rain experts. Wet weather grip is phenomenal. Sidewalls are a bit soft though, but then again my tyre size makes them like balloons Tongue (I run 185/60/14 on 5.5j steels)
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by: