Uniroyal Rainsport 3

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uniroyal Rainsport 3
Anyone tried these before?
Most likely going to be buying 4 at £36 Each from Camskill soon
Thanks given by:
Moved to right section.

Well, I've got RS2s and I'm a huge fan, got them fitted at Camskill too. Smooth ride, decent dry grip, amazing wet grip, bit noisy but amazing for the price Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
The RS3's are pretty new, I don't know of anyone that's tried them yet. From their own write-up, they say they've improved the sidewall strength (or something to that effect) which is good as my main criticism of the RS2's is the soft sidewalls!!

If you go for them, let us know how they are. Smile
Thanks given by:
I went for toyo proxies t1r which are great in the dry not so good in the wet. They was a extra £20 a corner. But after hearing so many good reviews about rs2 I'm deffently having a set after mot.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toyos are crap. rainsport2 are far better but still not great, want to try some rainsport3 next
Thanks given by:
I'm a fan of RS2s, haven't tried RS3s but I would imagine they're good with some improvements (you would hope for a newer tyre). I also rate Falkens of the same price range highly.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2014, 09:27 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Moved to right section.

Well, I've got RS2s and I'm a huge fan, got them fitted at Camskill too. Smooth ride, decent dry grip, amazing wet grip, bit noisy but amazing for the price Smile

Thanks, sounds good then

(07-01-2014, 09:31 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The RS3's are pretty new, I don't know of anyone that's tried them yet. From their own write-up, they say they've improved the sidewall strength (or something to that effect) which is good as my main criticism of the RS2's is the soft sidewalls!!

If you go for them, let us know how they are. Smile

Will do, they seem highly rated on other car forums, and for £36 each you cant really complain!

(07-01-2014, 09:47 PM)Curt Wrote: I'm a fan of RS2s, haven't tried RS3s but I would imagine they're good with some improvements (you would hope for a newer tyre). I also rate Falkens of the same price range highly.

sounds good, yeah, for the price you cant really beat them for £36 each!
Thanks given by:
Just had a look and the tread pattern is pretty cool too, which is a bonus Smile. The Falkens I was talking about are £45, I'm surprised. I thought they were less, mine are 18s and they were £70 odd when I got them last year.
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2014, 10:06 PM)Curt Wrote: Just had a look and the tread pattern is pretty cool too, which is a bonus Smile. The Falkens I was talking about are £45, I'm surprised. I thought they were less, mine are 18s and they were £70 odd when I got them last year.

Yeah the tread pattern looks class! haha
Supposed to be very good with surface water due to the two line things (whats the word) on the left of the tyre
Thanks given by:
The rs3 are £35 on tyre trader
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2014, 10:14 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: The rs3 are £35 on tyre trader

That's good, costs the same as camskill as the postage is more with tyre traders
Thanks given by:
£56.30 in 16" form though. Undecided
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-01-2014, 10:37 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: £56.30 in 16" form though. Undecided

It was only £38 for my 17s when I was looking. What size tyres you after?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
195/45 i think, for my Ariannes.
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I too recommend RS2's for all round on rioad driving. I'd definitely be happy to give the new 3's a go at that price. Bloody Bargain!
Let us know what you think once you've tried them.

Paul
Thanks given by:
Just my 2p, toyo t1r great dry grip, wet grip was shit, and they lasted a year. Falkens, wank. Dry grip is pretty gay aquaplane like a dick, wet grip is shite too.

Honestly buy a decent set of Pirellis or Michelins and you will never go back.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
What Falkens Tom? My ZE914s have been great all round. Yes some aquaplaning recently with this weather... But they are 225s... If I could afford it, I'd use only the best. But I can't, so I have to use the best I can afford, unfortunately.

Very pleased with these though... Never caught me out, very progressive. Do lose grip with boost... but that's down to my right foot. Have to say the Avons I had before were better, but they were significantly more.
Thanks given by:
Guys, seriously, what other decent 15" tyres can you get for £36 each???

I think that is a "No brainer" !
Paul
Thanks given by:
I'm not disputing that at all, I have RS2s on my car which has 15" wheels. All I'm saying is I've been pleased with the performance of my Falkens, which were cheaper in 18" for my other car...
Thanks given by:
Im gonna be fitting these In the next few weeks, 49 a corner delivered to the garage and fitted/balanced seems good to me!

Will be 195 50 15 for the cyclones and will report back how they cope. As said they have some great reviews on skoda forums etc as I read up on them a fair bit. Ive never had new or good tyres so will probably notice the difference straight up even though they arent a premium tyre. Wet weather is a given in NI too so hopefully the right choice
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2014, 05:17 AM)mcglynn Wrote: Im gonna be fitting these In the next few weeks, 49 a corner delivered to the garage and fitted/balanced seems good to me!

Will be 195 50 15 for the cyclones and will report back how they cope. As said they have some great reviews on skoda forums etc as I read up on them a fair bit. Ive never had new or good tyres so will probably notice the difference straight up even though they arent a premium tyre. Wet weather is a given in NI too so hopefully the right choice

I will be joining you on that, will be ordering 4 tonight and will be getting them fitted in a week or two

(08-01-2014, 01:24 AM)BigTallPaul Wrote: Guys, seriously, what other decent 15" tyres can you get for £36 each???

I think that is a "No brainer" !
Paul

I totally agree Paul, rated highly and are the next generation of the RS2s, definitely worth a shot
Thanks given by:
Rs2s aren't much better than any other budget except in the rain in my experience, bought on the strength of reviews on here and was unpleasantly surprised, if anything they're worse than the 6yo mismatched budgets that were on there before. Confused

Personally i'd spend the extra £15 per corner for some ps3s or similar, my pe2s are nothing less than excellent on all fronts and are lasting bloody well considering my driving style too lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(08-01-2014, 01:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: Rs2s aren't much better than any other budget except in the rain in my experience, bought on the strength of reviews on here and was unpleasantly surprised, if anything they're worse than the 6yo mismatched budgets that were on there before. Confused

This is Britain though.....how often is it not raining!? lol

Dry grip doesn't seem to vary much imo...even P6000s can handle a dry road lol...but in the rain/wet the rainsport 2 are better than anything else I've had - and that's pretty much every day tbh. As said above though, the soggy sidewalls do my head in in the dry....hopefully they've rectified that with the '3s though.
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2014, 01:08 PM)Poodle Wrote: Rs2s aren't much better than any other budget except in the rain in my experience, bought on the strength of reviews on here and was unpleasantly surprised, if anything they're worse than the 6yo mismatched budgets that were on there before. Confused

Not much of an experience with them then?

RS2's IMO are a great tyre. I've ran them on 2 different 306's and an MX5. I'd say dry grip is pretty bloody good - not dissimilar to the Goodyear Eagle F1 I had before, but without the 'snappy' breakaway on the limit. Wear rate, particularly on the shoulder of the tyre, is a problem because the sidewalls are so flimsy. I had this issue on the F1s also though - it's just a problem if you attack every corner on 3 wheels.

I had Toyo's on the MX5 before and they were crap. Poor feel, poor grip levels etc. The only good thing was the wear rate, I think they are a denser compound as they took forever to wear out. I replaced one axle prematurely because I was fed up with the lack of grip/feel and unpredictability.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
To bhe honest the whole reason I got RS2s is the wet grip, like Tom says, the roads are wet at least half the time in this country, and you shouldn't really have grip issues in the dry with the power we have...
Thanks given by:
Just bought 4 Rainsport 3's from Camskill for £153 delivered, what a bargain!
Got £1.50 off each tyre with their price beater, every little helps as Tesco say.
Thanks given by:
Let us know how you get on mate Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2014, 04:15 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Let us know how you get on mate Smile

will do, no prob! Smile
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2014, 12:19 AM)Tom Wrote: Just my 2p, toyo t1r great dry grip, wet grip was shit, and they lasted a year. Falkens, wank. Dry grip is pretty gay aquaplane like a dick, wet grip is shite too.

T1Rs are shite imo. I bought 4 for the 1.8 and they seemed great at first but rapidly went down hill and as you say, wet grip was appalling. I now have PS3s on the front which cost about double what the T1Rs did but the grip is fantastic, just as much grip in the wet as in the dry as well.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(08-01-2014, 05:00 PM)Niall Wrote:
(08-01-2014, 12:19 AM)Tom Wrote: Just my 2p, toyo t1r great dry grip, wet grip was shit, and they lasted a year. Falkens, wank. Dry grip is pretty gay aquaplane like a dick, wet grip is shite too.

T1Rs are shite imo. I bought 4 for the 1.8 and they seemed great at first but rapidly went down hill and as you say, wet grip was appalling. I now have PS3s on the front which cost about double what the T1Rs did but the grip is fantastic, just as much grip in the wet as in the dry as well.

I took the advice of someone on here to get the PE2's they were only 60quid a corner fitted which is a bargain and honestly every tyre is shit in comparison now :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rainsport 3 Confusion! Toms306 36 13,252 17-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Last Post: Toms306
  Rainsport 2's or rainexperts Louis123 29 5,336 05-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Midnightclub