306 xud tuning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 xud tuning
Smile 
Have a 1996 306 1.9td and looking to give her a slight tune. At the moment she is completely standard with a lucas pump. Not sure what Turbos in her. What power would I be looking at if pump and turbo is screwed ? I've been offered a Bosch pump but how much extra will I gain with it fitted ?
Thanks given by:
Seems to vary from car to car, I've seen anywhere from 103bhp to 128bhp myself, but it really depends on how well you tune it. All the cars I've seen that have made towards the top end of that spectrum have had a Bosch mainly because it's easier to control smoke, and easier to fine tune, plus you can modify the internals of the Bosch (search gov mod, LDA pin or 11mm pump) and you can run veg oil. It's definitely worth doing.

Have a look at the guides in the guide section for stage 1 tuning, or check out darrenjlobb's videos on Youtube, that'll show you the best way to tune both pumps, but I wouldn't even bother with a Lucas Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I'm still running a lucas on mine, and I think it's pretty pokey, wouldn't think it's running much more than about 110bhp though. Haven't had the experience of a bosch powered xud yet, but I might get the one that's sat under my desk for 18 months or so fitted one day! lol

As said, darrens YouTube guides are well worth a watch, they're pretty much what taught me most of what I know about my xud. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Having gone from a tuned Lucas to a tuned Bosch running the same boost I notice a huge difference to be honest, MUCH less smokey as well so less expensive unburnt fuel being chucked down the exhaust lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
There's a cracking guide on tdoc.co.uk by jammapic that I used and mine went really well when I had a Lucas and gt15.
93 106 xsi
98 306 1.9d 
98 306 1.9td lx 
01 306 2.0hdi 
97 306 1.9td estate 
96 306 dturbo 
96 306 dturbo 
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that'll probably be the guide i used to tune my Lucas. Epic guide - HERE
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sorry for thread hijack but is it a easy swap from lucus to Bosch. Heard its best to change the injectys to Bosch aswell as the lucus ones won't flow enough top end.

Which I'd say ain't good lol
Thanks given by:
They have a different break pressure. Not sure how much performance is effected though!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Probably best to change them aswell then, is there a preferred turbo as I know there's a selection of them. I.e gt15, t2, kkk and isn't there another too?
Thanks given by: