samsung s3 mini

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
samsung s3 mini
Im thinking of buying a Samsung s3 mini, anyone know if there any good?
[Image: 13073041_458228241037318_1249062425_o_zpsoh6qf7gu.jpg]
Thanks given by:
nexus 5.
Thanks given by:
Just like the s3 but smaller with worse battery and lower spec maybe look into the s4 active it's the same size but waterproof and dust proof apparently
Thanks given by:
A normal s3 can't much more than the mini? I have a normal s3 and can't fault it tbh. I had a iPhone 5 before before this though so ANY would be seen as an upgrade.
Thanks given by:
My partners sister has one and seems to like it, and my partner has the S4 Mini and she likes that. As said, they're just smaller, lower spec versions of the proper phone. They're good if you have small hands and don't mind about specs too much... I'd go for the proper one myself. However... I don't like Samsung anyway, which is why I have a HTC.
Thanks given by:
Terrible phone, my ex had one. Her S2 was much better, screen was crap, memory was crap, cpu was crap, etc.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
They're not amazing for the same money I'd be looking at either HTC desire 500 Sony xperia so or the huawei g510 or whatever it is
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-12-2013, 07:57 PM)tysonbully2k12 Wrote: Im thinking of buying a Samsung s3 mini, anyone know if there any good?

Performance wise, EXACTLY the same as the Galaxy S2 except the front facing camera has less pixels. I'm talking real performance, not "oh I've got nought point nought nought one more of a MHz than you"

that is it.

Oh, and the S3 mini screen is a bit better, more dense and better colours.

End of story. Good night.

Dropped mine on its face a few times too and it's quite resistant to scratching.

forget HTC, they're dung Tongue
A moments silence please, for our brothers in the NAD-zone.
Thanks given by:
HTC suuuuuuck.

If you like the new ones fair enough but if you know software you wont want one.

Get an S3 and stick a better custom ROM on it...

Just done this recently as they have slowed down with the updates on the S3...Im now running a custom version of the latest Kitkat Android...has transformed the phone Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Personally i wouldnt. But then i always find a month into a two year contract you realise your paying well over the odds and dont want it anymore. Im going to be moving away from samsung, unless the new note impress's me. Mainly because my S2 was great so i got an S4, great phone but the first time it hit the floor it smashed to shit. My S2 took 2 years of battering and was still fine.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 09:49 AM)Piggy Wrote: HTC suuuuuuck.

If you like the new ones fair enough but if you know software you wont want one.

Just done this recently as they have slowed down with the updates on the S3...Im now running a custom version of the latest Kitkat Android...has transformed the phone Smile

Is there many bugs with that Rom? I had been using Slimbean but found it would get silly things like videos not playing etc...
Thanks given by:

At the end of the day, the whole phone thing is very subjective. You can't say they suck, because that's your opinion. It's wrong, but it's yours Tongue. (And yes, that's my opinion Wink ).

If your problem is the software, then it doesn't matter as you said you rooted the S3 anyway? Samsung's UI is way worse IMO, and HTC's hardware is in a different league.

It's all down to personal preference, at the end of the day. I've looked at and held many Samsungs, and looked at the S3 as it was upgrade time when it came out. I've never been impressed, they always look and feel cheap and flimsy. It's very important how a device feels to me, as they're not cheap. I don't want them to feel cheap. That being said, even though she thought I was going to recommend she get a HTC, I recommended my partner get the Samsung when she upgraded... Because it was more suited to her needs.

Anyway, that's my advice to anyone. Go look at/feel/try various phones and decide for yourself. As this thread displays, everyone has an opinion, because it's a personal thing. Therefore, there's no need for pointless slating just because of said opinion. Unless it's an iPhone. Or a Blackberry.
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 01:15 PM)Uberderv Wrote:

Is there many bugs with that Rom? I had been using Slimbean but found it would get silly things like videos not playing etc...

Its been faultless.

Only 2weeks so far though.

HTC hardware when it does fail isnt easy to fix either I have found
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 02:46 PM)Piggy Wrote:

Its been faultless.

HTC hardware when it does fail isnt easy to fix either I have found

That's why you have a 'warranty' :-)
Thanks given by:
Exactly, if it goes wrong within 2 years (which is the average length of a contract) it'll get sent off, I won't be touching it. HTC have been very good when I've spoken to them, too.
Thanks given by:
When i went to get my HTC, the guy at the shop was trying so hard to sell me a S4 and it was a load of shite. The build quality was terrible for a new phone. That was the main reason i went for the HTC in the end which was miles better than the Samsung. Still didn't like it though so went back to the trusty iPhone!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Just a shout out for the Xperia here. I've got the Z and can't fault it at all, it reaLily does work underwater (but doesn't float, lol) Never had it crash or freeze, the Sony optimized android is great, overall a brilliant phone.
Doesn't really help the op though!!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 09:31 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Just a shout out for the Xperia here. I've got the Z and can't fault it at all, it reaLily does work underwater (but doesn't float, lol) Never had it crash or freeze, the Sony optimized android is great, overall a brilliant phone.

I'm running a z1. The camera and screen are fantastic and yeah. Its fun dunking it in the sink or taking it in the shower
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 02:46 PM)Piggy Wrote:

Its been faultless.

Can you recommend which Version to go for ie- OmniROM/CM11.

Would of Pm'd but cant yet :-)
Thanks given by:
I'll be honest, my best mate did it as he is sorta guru with phone software...
He used cynagen I think it was and then latest android which us kitkat I believe.
He also set it up with existing samsung boot option in case of any issues which is a nice safeguard
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cool cheers will give it a go Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-12-2013, 09:41 PM)4WayDiablo Wrote:
(26-12-2013, 09:31 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Just a shout out for the Xperia here. I've got the Z and can't fault it at all, it reaLily does work underwater (but doesn't float, lol) Never had it crash or freeze, the Sony optimized android is great, overall a brilliant phone.

I'm running a z1. The camera and screen are fantastic and yeah. Its fun dunking it in the sink or taking it in the shower

I took mine in the sea in Egypt during the summer, went well over the recommend 30 min time limit and well beyond the 1m depth limit. Looking forward to the next incarnation when I get an upgrade in August

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I've got an S2 plus, it was cheaper than an S3 mini and better if not just as good whilst not being as small.
It also looks better being square rather than rounded like an S3 mini.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Got a Galaxy S3 here and it's actually the best phone I've ever had by miles! Last one was an iPhone 3GS though so that's not saying much lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Samsung NC10 Repair Eeyore 5 1,664 12-09-2013, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Eeyore
  iPhone 4 or Samsung silverzx 9 3,219 27-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Oil-burner
  Samsung S3 or iphone 5 stu9 24 7,302 24-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Last Post: aaronshort