Headphone/earphone thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Headphone/earphone thread
I need to upgrade, spending only ~£20-£30 this time. (but for a brilliant set i would go more)

I can go through a set a month on average because of how much I use them, but right now im considering 2 different sets.

Recently I have hammered the pound shop for them, I was spending £5 a week at HMV, when they were sold out £10 at asda and still breaking them within a month at max.

This is for 2 reasons; I sometimes fall asleep with them in and break 1 side or i use them nonstop thorugh a day at work or to/from work and f*ck the 3.5mm jack plug, the wire breaks.. (plugged into my X10)

So, thinking a big cheap set for chilling then i can't fall asleep with them on (maybe wireless or 'on board storage' for round the house use?) then a set of in-ear ones for commute/travel use - the in-ear ones need to have a little stalk so they dont kill my lugholes when i use them on the bike, helmets aren't very forgiving.

Whats everybody got and what yous recommend?
Thanks given by:
I finally got the Philips SHQ4000.

Waterproof, comfortable, incredible quiet to the outside world even when loud and I run my 10k runs with them in. They are round the back types and clip over the ears so perfect for biking with a helmet. You can have one just out on one side and I dont have a problem with comfort.

[Image: 5240002356_35124f2a63.jpg]

currently £25 on amazon! :o which is a hell of a lot less than i paid for them last year at dixons Sad

oh and the bass is spot on.

These are so waterproof that after runs, i hold them under the tap to wash them off.
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Skull candys are pretty sick
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
i dont like skull candy ones, they look awesome, but thats about it. a bit overpriced for the quality IMO
i had nice pair of sony bud ones a few years back, took me ages to wear them out, thats listening to stuff waaaay too loud [my ears are ringing right this very minute...] and just tossing them around or wrapping them around my ipod. cost me $50, so about £25-30
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Dre Beats for me , Get them pretty cheap on eBay & amazon.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Dre Beats for me , Get them pretty cheap on eBay & amazon.

Thats because they are shite...............

Skull Candy stuff and the Dre. Beats stuff is all overrated & overpriced badly made crap IMO Smile

Sennheiser, Bose or Denon if you want decent sound quality Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Dre Beats for me , Get them pretty cheap on eBay & amazon.

Thats because they are shite...............

Skull Candy stuff and the Dre. Beats stuff is all overrated & overpriced badly made crap IMO Smile

+1 I do feel your paying for the name and design more than you do with others that are just as good sound quality.
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Moonstone2.0 Wrote:+1 I do feel your paying for the name and design more than you do with others that are just as good sound quality.

Just as good quality and your forgetting that they are also less likely to break for less money!

For the amount they charge for the Skull Candys and Dre. Beat's you would think they could at least make them from something decent instead of something resembling the quality of recycled toilet seats lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Paid £20 for mine & cant fault them at all.
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
My skullcandys are still going strong lol
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
Dont get pompeymark going in this thread. I remember thinking my headphones were good till he showed me his and theyre amazing! Im sure they would be well out of your price range though :-(
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:Paid £20 for mine & cant fault them at all.

declantg Wrote:My skullcandys are still going strong lol

Hey if your both happy that isn't a problem, Just don't listen to anything through a decent set of headphones and you will remain happy Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
I break mine pretty much weekly, so I got into soldering on new replacement plugs as that's where they always go... It's a money saver Wink. Especially when you spend £70 on a set like I did a while ago, drop the iPod straight on the jack and break them within 5 days...

I used to swear by Ultimate Ears, and although very good they are delicate in my experience. Current set is some over ear Shures with kevlar cables and they're fantastic... Not particularly cheap though. But I like my music Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Headphone amplifier! Tom 37 5,808 01-12-2012, 02:06 PM
Last Post: Tom