front wiper

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
front wiper
Hi all.
The front wiper has an annoying fault. Sometimes it works fine on intermittent, other times it judders and does not park properly. They work fine on normal speed + triple ok. It can`t be the motor, otherwise would not work at all. There is a connecter plug on top of motor, how do I split it, it has a large clip on one section. Maybe they are corroded? Car is phase 3 hdi. Help please.
Thanks given by:
It is most likely the motor. Well, the gearbox attached to the motor anyway.

You can try cleaning yours or just swap with a good one.
Thanks given by:
it needs a motor ;

take wiper arms off
take 2 screen scuttle trims off---3 torx screws
take 4 x 10mm bolts from motor mounting
take the snidey 10mm bolt from support bracket
press the clip in to wiggle the connector off.
put newer motor in place and refit in reverse order---without putting wiper arms back on

test wiper motor works, when the motor parks---only then put the wiper arms on to save damage/shame after damaging paintwork
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2013, 07:37 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It is most likely the motor. Well, the gearbox attached to the motor anyway.

You can try cleaning yours or just swap with a good one.

Thanks for info, will search for motor.

(20-12-2013, 07:38 PM)daddyfixit Wrote: it needs a motor ;

take wiper arms off
take 2 screen scuttle trims off---3 torx screws
take 4 x 10mm bolts from motor mounting
take the snidey 10mm bolt from support bracket
press the clip in to wiggle the connector off.
put newer motor in place and refit in reverse order---without putting wiper arms back on

test wiper motor works, when the motor parks---only then put the wiper arms on to save damage/shame after damaging paintwork

Thanks for your detailed info, will search for motor. Cheers
Thanks given by:
could be relay, mine is doing similar to yours, swapped motor for a known good one and still the same, i'm gonna swap the hidden blue relay behind the fuseboard and i'll report back . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  front wiper motor gazthegnome 1 1,072 11-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
Question HELP PLEASE, front wiper problem losing my mind Mattcheese31 53 15,867 01-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31
Rainbow Front wiper motor peugeot 306 and xsara Welshy_Pete 1 1,395 06-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Last Post: Piggy