HELP PLEASE, front wiper problem losing my mind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP PLEASE, front wiper problem losing my mind
Question 
ok so, phase 2 DT, wipers are only working on single wipe and position 2, they are not self parking either,
i have changed the wiper motor for a known working one and still the same, swapped the relevant relays (i think) and tried another working stalk, all no different,

what the fcuk could it be? i've run out of ideas and it's the wifes new car and she's going to make my life hell if i don't fix it . . .Smile

anyone? . . .
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
if it has rain sensor there is two fuses and two relays to check
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 02:10 PM)cully Wrote: if it has rain sensor there is two fuses and two relays to check

any idea which mate? i'm a phase 1 man so i'm in new territory lol, been at it last 4 hours, ffs
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
bad earth?
Thanks given by:
F34 30Amp
F30 15Amp
Thanks given by:
earth point for the control is at the bulkhead near the throttle pedal
earth point for the motor is at the o/sinerwing behind headlight
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 02:27 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: bad earth?
what, when it's working on one speed? . . . . .seems unlikely mate
(14-12-2013, 02:33 PM)cully Wrote: F34 30Amp
F30 15Amp
cheers, checked all the fuses with a multi meter . . . . .

two of the relays i replaced one of each of the pins was burnt out with melted plastic on them, tried to clean the socket up with contact cleaner and replaced the relays but maybe not good enough??

anyone know what specifically controls the wiper speed? . . .is it the relay just sending more current to the wiper motor?
if so i guess it could be that . .Smile
Thanks given by:
the two relays control the speed by changing the motor internal wireing
the stalk or the auto wipe sensor switches the relays depending on the stalk position
Thanks given by:
Hello my wipers where parking anywhere also working on certain speeds. I tried the fuses and relays but in the end it was the wiper motor. There 3 pins inside the wiper motor once these break they start playing up.

Also any water inside or near the drain corrodes the wiper motor up to.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 04:00 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: Hello my wipers where parking anywhere also working on certain speeds. I tried the fuses and relays but in the end it was the wiper motor. There 3 pins inside the wiper motor once these break they start playing up.

Also any water inside or near the drain corrodes the wiper motor up to.

yeah i've read your old posts mate lol . . . . as per the first post i have replaced the motor with a known working one, thanks though . .Smile

(14-12-2013, 03:59 PM)cully Wrote: the two relays control the speed by changing the motor internal wireing
the stalk or the auto wipe sensor switches the relays depending on the stalk position

ok . . . . . . . . that's interesting, wonder why it doesn't park as well . . . . .you don't know which relays it is then? . . .at a guess i would say it's the two green ones to the left of the fuseboard but not sure.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 03:46 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: two of the relays i replaced one of each of the pins was burnt out with melted plastic on them, tried to clean the socket up with contact cleaner and replaced the relays but maybe not good enough??

you could still have issues with the sockets
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 04:06 PM)cully Wrote:
(14-12-2013, 03:46 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: two of the relays i replaced one of each of the pins was burnt out with melted plastic on them, tried to clean the socket up with contact cleaner and replaced the relays but maybe not good enough??

you could still have issues with the sockets

yeah that's what i'm thinking now mate tbh, it's dark now though so have to resume tomorrow . . . .the car is looking like an electrical balls up, previous owner had wired the sub off the boot courtesy light the fcuking bellend . ..Dodgy
Thanks given by:
just tryed to reply again but the bamn pc rebooted itelf

the motor stop is directly controled by the auto sensor box on the windscreen
Thanks given by:
I suppose the last thing to do (and possibly easier than continuing to try finding the problem) is to just rewire the entire front wipers sadly.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 04:51 PM)cully Wrote: just tryed to reply again but the bamn pc rebooted itelf

the motor stop is directly controled by the auto sensor box on the windscreen

don't think it has auto wipers, what does it look like?
Thanks given by:
Was it the big Blue Relay at the rear of the fuse board that you changed Matt?
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 06:52 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: Was it the big Blue Relay at the rear of the fuse board that you changed Matt?

rear of the fuseboard? . . .you saying there's one behind? . . .Confused

(14-12-2013, 04:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: I suppose the last thing to do (and possibly easier than continuing to try finding the problem) is to just rewire the entire front wipers sadly.

damn right the last thing . .lol
Thanks given by:
Yep big blue one mate, Got one here if needed Came off a Ph3 cabriolet that I broke.
£Free. can send it via work for nowt too.
Thanks given by:
If it has auto wipers the sensor is located behind the rear view mirror, easy to see from outside as there a black 'lump' around it on the screen.

[Image: Peugeot_306_LX_259_2.jpg]

On the ph3's the wiper relays are purple but but may not be in ph2s!

Edit - The only blue relay I've seen on a 306 is for the rear wiper and that's not near the fuseboard! Confused
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 07:02 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: Yep big blue one mate, Got one here if needed Came off a Ph3 cabriolet that I broke.
£Free. can send it via work for nowt too.
that's good of you mate, i didn't know there was a relay there tbh . . .
(14-12-2013, 07:08 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If it has auto wipers the sensor is located behind the rear view mirror, easy to see from outside as there a black 'lump' around it on the screen.

[Image: Peugeot_306_LX_259_2.jpg]

On the ph3's the wiper relays are purple but but may not be in ph2s!

Edit - The only blue relay I've seen on a 306 is for the rear wiper and that's not near the fuseboard! Confused

thanks for the pic, in that case no, it hasn't got auto wipers . . . .
Thanks given by:
100% blue & behind there I have broke 7 306' this year alone. Have a quick search Matt, Its here if needed anyway mate.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 07:56 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: 100% blue & behind there I have broke 7 306' this year alone. Have a quick search Matt, Its here if needed anyway mate.

do you get to it through the headlight adjuster panel mate? . . . .and thanks again.
Thanks given by:
Here we go, This is Ph1 but there the same on Ph2-3 too.
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-12045.html

Its a real Barstool to get to but I have sold everyone that I have remove bar this one.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 07:59 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: Here we go, This is Ph1 but there the same on Ph2-3 too.

Its a real Barstool to get to but I have sold everyone that I have remove bar this one.

haha i've just this second found the thread myself . . .Big Grin

Thanks given by:
This is a working one anyway, If you can wait I can jiffy it up & post it Monday morning.
Just Pm you're Address.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 08:18 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: This is a working one anyway, If you can wait I can jiffy it up & post it Monday morning.
Just Pm you're Address.

Hey thanks fella but i've got an old 306 here that i'm raiding for parts anyway . . .respect for the kind offer though x . . .Smile
Thanks given by:
Not to worry mate, It'll stay in the drawer until some else needs it.
take it out of the scrap car 1st as in some cases I have broke the face of the fuse board.
Chris.
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2013, 07:56 PM)Chris1357 Wrote: 100% blue & behind there I have broke 7 306' this year alone. Have a quick search Matt, Its here if needed anyway mate.

Ah, fair enough, just looked at the link you posted as well. I broke 2 this year...........but both phase 3's with auto wipers lol. lol
Thanks given by:
The cabs dont have Auto wipe, even on Ph3' But the the 2 hatches I broke did.
Auto wipers = more trouble than worth IMO, Horrid. Smile
Thanks given by:
I really like auto-wipers tbh, auto lights are even better, each to their own though! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiper problem (relay?) Pughawk 6 3,003 25-10-2018, 08:45 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
  Wiper Problem mangler 3 1,745 08-09-2016, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mangler
  front wiper motor gazthegnome 1 1,066 11-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Last Post: pug306driver