put the angle grinder down for a minute !!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
put the angle grinder down for a minute !!!
MoT tests for diesel cars and lorries are to be tightened up to ensure vehicles have a critical exhaust filter if one had originally been fitted as standard, Roads Minister Robert Goodwill has announced.

Garages and testing stations will be required to check for a diesel particulate filter (DPF) in the inspection of the exhaust system as part of the MoT test from February 2014.

The vehicle will automatically fail the MoT test if the filter had been fitted as standard but is found to be no longer present.

taken from aftermarket magazine tonight;

The decision will combat firms that offer to remove the filter, claiming it will boost consumption.

It is an offence to drive a vehicle that has been modified this way, as it will no longer meet the emissions standards the car achieved when it was approved for sale in the UK.

Roads Minister Robert Goodwill said: "I am very concerned that vehicles are being modified in a way that is clearly detrimental to people's health and undoes the hard work car manufacturers have taken to improve emissions standards.

"It has become apparent the government had to intervene to clarify the position on particulate filter removal given the unacceptable negative impact on air quality."
Thanks given by:
lmao
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Wondered how long it will be.

I hope it only ever applies to the "car" in question and not the engine, as if so i couldtn care less.

However if they device engines that came with them as stock need to retain them in whatever car there fitted to, well then i guess they dvla just need to know ive fitted a 16v head to my stock hdi block with different pistons and then its still the non dpf engine heh.
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
That's ok then we shal keep doing what we do at work when one has a fault we just remove the down pour then smash out the insides and jobs done no cutting so it all looks fine so no one can see it's removed and as you can't use tools on a mot test you can't tell it's got no insides as with most crap in the mot there is always a way around so let's not worry to much we all have good old xuds well some of us
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
As above, just smash the insides out, or drill a hole saw through it and no-one would know when it's mapped out.
Thanks given by:
Would a emissions test show that its not there?
Thanks given by:
Not on a diesel no
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The newer dervs are so clean from the start we have tested it in our machine that has the upto date specs in it and they still pass fine
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
And you are posting this on a 306 forum why exactly? :p
Thanks given by:
Tbf there's a lot of modified cars on here that this would apply to. How much it affects what we do depends on how they intend to test it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
http://www.406oc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=21313

An interesting few comments regarding the way that the testers could check that the cat/DPF is in place
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
This will be like this whole thing that if a car has ABS fitted, it must work, same as traction control.

The system is so flawed since if you have a car that it was an option... The DVLA computer apparently says it does/doesn't but half the time is wrong. You can't just go failing cars that don't have ABS because the computer is wrong.

There is also no real way of accurately testing if the DPF is missing other than visual.

Also - hilarious how the Transport minister is going on about "undoing all the hard work" of companies - has he not yet realised yet that cars are only designed to pass the emissions basically on ONE day when they went for their eurov certification... Look at EGR - after about 2000 miles it's f*cked and doesn't work correctly anymore.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Oh absolutely, but just because the governent is full of retards doesn't mean we don't have to abide by their bullshit, unfortunately. After all, we pay road tax liability based on the same ridiculous system. Then of course there's the fact that systems such as the dpf often cause more total pollution per unit than they ever save in emissions, thanks to the manufacturing processes and materials involved.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've seen this a lot recently. But to be fair, I wouldn't touch another derv with a dpf from previous experience.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cone angle plane angle injection angle help bashbarnard 11 2,140 23-10-2015, 03:27 PM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Upgraded hdi nozzles with correct firing angle. mechsman 25 6,849 22-09-2015, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  Angle of first bend on mid pipe 306rhys 2 1,099 29-08-2015, 02:08 PM
Last Post: 306rhys