The end of ye olde Tax disc..

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end of ye olde Tax disc..
But your still overlooking the fact that business users like me have no choice. I can't do my work if i don't drive. If it was a mum in her range rover taking her kids to school and going to the shops and thats it, id agree but for business users, it will put some out of business!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I recon they will wind the prices up for the tax, as you will get shafted for paying monthly too. like the insurance
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2013, 08:44 PM)procta Wrote: I recon they will wind the prices up for the tax, as you will get shafted for paying monthly too. like the insurance

Definitely. Would be nice to think that it would only go up with the cost of living increase but i doubt that somehow!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2013, 08:40 PM)Niall Wrote: But your still overlooking the fact that business users like me have no choice. I can't do my work if i don't drive. If it was a mum in her range rover taking her kids to school and going to the shops and thats it, id agree but for business users, it will put some out of business!
I know its not the case with your business (or mine) but alot of business could be conducted by teleconferencing or people could travel by public transport more (and that would be a more viable alternative if fuel was nearly £2/l

(05-12-2013, 08:44 PM)procta Wrote: I recon they will wind the prices up for the tax, as you will get shafted for paying monthly too. like the insurance
Yeah its saying online depending on which way you pay it'll be 5-10% more expensive but then if you buy 6 months its about 5% more expensive.
Thanks given by:
It's 10% extra for paying for 6 months instead of 12 at the moment.. with this new scheme 6 months will drop to be 5% cheaper (5% more expensive than if you bought 12 still..) and it's also 5% for paying by direct debit.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2013, 07:24 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: What will I put in my tax disc holder though?

Extend it and put a fish inside.

This is good news for people like me though. I always rip the sodding thing trying to get it out of that ridiculous piece of paper.
Thanks given by:
Smooth cars with no stupid tax disc holders woop
Thanks given by:
every car i have owned, i have always shoved 12 months on, as its one less thing to worry. as 6 months tax you are out of pocket like you say,
Thanks given by: