HDI hunting problem.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI hunting problem.
Or it could be a fried ECU
Thanks given by:
fecked injector!

mine was like that but not so bad after cheap morrisons diesel changed out the injectors fixed it
Thanks given by:
You get new or just a set of used?

Any ideas on my pp2000 ?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
i got a set of diesel bob referbed waste of money they were changed to a set of low milage 307 injectors in about 12months of fitting
Thanks given by:
Assume any 8v 2.0 injectors are fine to use?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Probably unrelated but swear there is more then one type of 2.0 8v injector? Siemens and something else rings a bell?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
They're Bosch in the 306, think the Siemens managed cars might have Siemens injectors though, like the 406 etc.

I'm pretty sure it does matter which Bosch ones you use, has to be a certain code (044 or 076 for example) but can't remember which are compatible now.
Thanks given by:
044 or 062 or 076

076 prefrably as they are the later generation that dont tick so much Wink

keep a match set though Wink

this might help

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5399-pos...#pid113482
Thanks given by:
FRPS just wants checking to make sure the inlets not blocked, FPR can be flushed out with wd40 or something similar.

My diesel bob injectors have been good so far, but then i've only done 15k on them so far, so time will tell.

(25-11-2013, 03:48 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I dont think its a good plan to do that, pretty sure you can frythe ECU doing that Chris^^

Uses the injectosr as ballasts i think or something

This. Also, if the ecu is fried it wouldn't run at all would it?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Just to reiterate, DON'T unplug an injector with the engine running lol

I'll PM you in just a min Darren.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 03:55 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: Keep getting the error "Unable to initiate vehicle communications interface"

I got this on mine once and it turned out to be the usb to serial cable, replaced it and it was fine after.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried looking at the wires on the fuel rail pressure sensor I had one at work ages ago had same sort of problem they sometimes put a small wireing harnes in the wire it has two yellow plugs sometimes they bugger up and the other thing I had was fuel pump in tank blocked up ran and started ok bit then started to miss like a bugger
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 10:13 PM)mikey b Wrote: Have you tried looking at the wires on the fuel rail pressure sensor I had one at work ages ago had same sort of problem they sometimes put a small wireing harnes in the wire it has two yellow plugs sometimes they bugger up

On mine the wires had been damaged and were shorting out on the block that caused a similar issue, not as bad though.
Thanks given by:
Aye yes - for anyone reading this - DO NOT unplug injectors with the engine running.

It uses the coils of one injector as a part of the charge circuit for the other injectors - unplugging them can fry the output driver fet for the other injectors.

And also - if you do it to a Piezo injector - you risk unplugging it with the injector open - they require voltage to move the piezo stack closed again - you can imagine what happens if you catch it just wrong.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(25-11-2013, 11:59 PM)Ruan Wrote: Aye yes - for anyone reading this - DO NOT unplug injectors with the engine running.

It uses the coils of one injector as a part of the charge circuit for the other injectors - unplugging them can fry the output driver fet for the other injectors.

And also - if you do it to a Piezo injector - you risk unplugging it with the injector open - they require voltage to move the piezo stack closed again - you can imagine what happens if you catch it just wrong.

Would it be ok to connect a spare injector to the plug when trying to diagnose a missing cylinder?
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 07:29 AM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(25-11-2013, 11:59 PM)Ruan Wrote: Aye yes - for anyone reading this - DO NOT unplug injectors with the engine running.

Would it be ok to connect a spare injector to the plug when trying to diagnose a missing cylinder?

Cant see why not
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
Would it need to be earthed to the block to work? Just thinking out loud tbh..

Thanks given by:
No cant see why it would need to be earthed...

Jonny not ignoring your PM, just not had chance to get at pc.
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
that wont diagnose a part/blocked injector Wink
Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 08:10 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(26-11-2013, 07:29 AM)DeeTurbo Wrote:

Cant see why not

Just don't swap with the engine running of course!
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Does anyone know if the kwp usb-seriel lead is acaully a usb -seriel converter, or is it literally just a pin to pin pp22000 specific connection?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
(26-11-2013, 10:45 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote: No cant see why it would need to be earthed...

Jonny not ignoring your PM, just not had chance to get at pc.

No worries mate, fb me if you want

Thanks given by:
Hm deffo not a usb-serial, as its a vga connector rammed on end of the usb lead, so just a random connection they decided to use for the usb interface.

Seems it must be dead, chinease shite! Anyone got a pp2000 lead they want to sell?
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
If the cable is wired without any other components in there you could alway make a cable. I had two cables with my PP. It was the long one that broke on mine and luckily there was a shorter one in the kit.
Thanks given by:
Ok,

This is driving me insane now, fookin EDC15 ******

Got PP2000 working again, no real faults other than some cooling fan circuit and pre heat.

Replaced all injectors for known good super low milage ones, fired up, no difference what so ever, exactly the same symptons....

Is there any live data i can read to indicate and issue? Really need this on the road due to a dying fiesta but cant mot it running like such a sack of shit...
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
try cleaning the fpr?
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tried new fuel as well to rule that out?
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Yes tried both.

I dont think the ECU is orignal to the car, and neither were the injectors, as someone else has obviously tiredlessly given up trying to diagnose what is wrong with the thing.

Just out of ideas, its making rail pressure /revs, so surely HP pump cant be at fault, and the fact it starts and drives surely means the lift pump is fine....it just has this rough running issue that seems to have no cause.

Ive noticed two pins on the ecu connection look a tad burnt as if they have got hot at some point, wil se if i can see what pins they are / connected to
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:
out of intrest did you do a compression test while the injectors were out?

posability of a glowplug end has broken off damaging a valve?
Thanks given by:
I didnt no..the motor sounds tight enough, as when the ecu wants it to run smooth it does..its clearly an electrical fault causing it to hunt, and it often smoothens out / then goes rough as rats again.

Im assumign the fact the ECU has been swapped out is the reason the keycode card in the manual dosnt work when i try to program a key...

Im thinking an injector driver in the ecu has been damaged some how.

Time for new ecu / bsi / key etc im guessing, what concerns me is someone has obviously already changed it once, so why is it still not working, best change / check loom to i gues incase theres issues
| #DervMafia |

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hunting at idle? JTaylor2005 10 1,736 20-05-2015, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Poodle