406 bottom turbo pipe!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
406 bottom turbo pipe!!!
Right then lads iv gone to fit my fmic to my 306 hdi and the bottom plastic pipe of a 405/c5 doesn't fit in the normal place due to a pas pipe running in the tunnel plus even if I unbolt it and stretch it out the way the boost pipe doesn't really fit very well atall and is pretty much touching the rear of the subframe we're the engine steady is just were it comes off the turblower and the pipe also looks bit to long as it comes pretty close to the rad do you have to modifie any of these bits thanks Doh
Thanks given by:
i believe that the c5 pipe needs cutting down a touch although dont do it off my say so as ive still not got round to fitting mine. i need the bottom pipe
Thanks given by:
Again im not an expert but on mine it fit really well no probs at all I just had to cut the end down and remove the lugs on the side to be able to push my silivone elbow on further. But on my mates he had the same with his PAS pipe and the 406utp just didnt slot in the gap anywhere near as well. So im not really sure why there's a differnce unless the angle that it connects to the turbo is different on different turbos??
Thanks given by:
I didn't even give it a thourght about the turbos the one I did it on last night was a k03 and my one that iv Gota do is a garrett so hopefully better fit do you know what turbo you have??
Thanks given by:
Sounds like your joiner needs a bit of adjustment, ie cut half an inch off it and try again. Only if you've got a spare though lol!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(21-11-2013, 05:47 PM)Donkeybubles Wrote: I didn't even give it a thourght about the turbos the one I did it on last night was a k03 and my one that iv Gota do is a garrett so hopefully better fit do you know what turbo you have??

I really dont know I cant remember what it said on the unit?
Thanks given by:
My bottom pipe was a pain to fit correctly .
Im guessing your having the same dilemna
I got the hacksaw and chopped a little bit off turbo end so it sat higher up and then it bended round everything alot better
Thanks given by:
Does that still hold the
Boost ok once you chop the lip off
Thanks given by:
It held well enough on my mates car when we fitting the cooler
Thanks given by:
Mines holding well hasnt give me any problems
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Metal intake pipe to turbo pug306driver 0 622 01-06-2021, 08:06 AM
Last Post: pug306driver
Question Bottom turbo pipe (updated with pics) questions added highwayman306 15 3,667 02-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Last Post: fgrc76
  Turbo pipe??? highwayman306 46 7,991 06-09-2015, 10:24 AM
Last Post: highwayman306