Favourite Roads?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favourite Roads?
C'mon then, I haven't been for any particularly good drives whilst up at uni, so where is good for a hoon in the vicinity of Birmingham (B29 postcode). Massively want to go for a drive after Autosport Intl today!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Another for the gorge. Done it in a few times including a 7.5 ton truck coming down after my boss thought I had disappeared back to Devon, when I fact I had pop to just outside of Wells to see family.

My favourite road would be the B3227 between South Molton and Taunton. Lovely road with sweeping bends, good straights and very quiet. My old bmw 320d. Fun, more fun and no need to break limit. Some of the best roads in Devon are ones that have been bypassed and very quiet.
Thanks given by:
Found quite a surprising one today, the B1242 from Withernsea to Hornsea and then onto Bridlington, NSL, smooth, mega twisty, and it's typical east Yorkshire/Holderness, so no hills or hedges and miles of visibility Smile
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
yeah that one is ok, gets a bit meh around skipsea but otherwise Smile

still around on the coast? or back home now?
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
I was back home yesterday mate, went to The Deep in Hull and Gen wanted to go to a restaurant in Brid she loves so drove up the coast.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Since finishing my exams I've done Cheddar Gorge, the B4520 from Builth Wells to Brecon, and Mountain Rd from Llangadog to Brynamman.

All epic roads, but mountain rd over the beacons is just something else entirely. Just phenomenal, fresh tarmac, great visibility and the views are astonishing. There's even a proper hairpin and everything.

For reference, this was yesterday's drive (used less than half a tank of fuel too, despite serious hoonage Tongue )

Tour De Wales

Although the TomTom actually took me back via the M4 Severn Bridge, which is also pretty cool
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrbur...lic_access

Wink
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Strata florida..

this is one section =D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FEijtrvU58
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Love the Lake District passes, did them in a real Mini a good few years back - complete with water splashes - while the road through the Trough of Bowland up to Devils Bridge is good on a bike.
Any road in France - outside of a city's limits - is pretty good. Looking forward to my drive down in holiday next month.
Thanks given by:
A couple photos from Mountain Rd, with my filthy car in.
Thanks given by:
tavistock to okehampton or minehead to tiverton both epic driving roads
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Popular cars vanishing from our roads Herby7 17 3,899 06-01-2016, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Shiny
  Recommended roads? 306'ish? Redordead89 14 4,290 14-08-2015, 12:09 AM
Last Post: Redordead89
  Favourite Forum Car Nathan1305 56 15,248 24-07-2015, 06:02 PM