XUD in a 106?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD in a 106?
Hi all I don't no if this has been asked before but I maybe getting my hands on a very tasty ph1 106 derv. A hole 1.5 of Smokiness, Question been could I fit a d turbo engine in the little 106 engine bay?
Thanks given by:
Yeah it'll fit, it's been done before.

I don't know much about the fit though, think the engine mounts need moving, and you'll need to make some custom driveshafts at the least.
Thanks given by:
Been done before yea they do fit but not a bolt in job
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
It's been done a few times, iirc needs custom shafts a bit of the chassis legs trimming and engine mounts modifying are the main parts
Thanks given by:
The 2 areas I no nothing about. Custom engine mounts? I could come up with a way of doing that, but custom drive shafts? Sounds hard to me!
Thanks given by:
Bit more info in diggers thread here: http://www.106owners.co.uk/forums/showth...p?t=177264

Cutting the chassis is for the gearbox to fit in
Thanks given by:
yes it cant be done. You will need 205 drives and a 406 inlet. And you will have to create a new engine mount. alot of cutting involved to get gearbox to fit also but worth it in the end up Smile
Thanks given by:
Im liking that Tongue
Thanks given by:
I'm looking in to it again read though loads of threads were people have done it before alot of custom making things tho, if your not handy with a welder it will cost you a fair bit paying some one to do it.

Like clutch cable, gear linkages, drive shafts (I have my doubts about 205 one's fitting) engine mounts, notching chassis leg for gear box to clear, cooling etc etc

As said I'm looking in to it again as fancy buying a new car but every time I look at New cars always come back to 106, think a 106 would be epic power to weight ratio with the right mods!

Big Grin

Thanks given by:
I think it would be a far better exercise turbocharging the TUD5, or buying a 205.
Thanks given by:
It's basically a pain in the ass from the projects I've seen!
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Do it chris I'll donate a few parts If you do

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 12:20 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Do it chris I'll donate a few parts If you do

Need to find another 106 for a daily first Wink maybe next year I will start it. But don't hold me to that as many no I change my mind daily lol

Thanks given by:
Just buy somethin cheap with tax and test convert yours weigh the runabout in get our money back and have a xud 106 Wink

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 04:12 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Just buy somethin cheap with tax and test convert yours weigh the runabout in get our money back and have a xud 106 Wink

That's the plan lol but need a 106/saxo/ax 1.5d preferably with Bosch pump Smile don't worry I'm looking but needs to have a decent mot so I have plenty of time to do the conversion

Thanks given by:
Im thinking about getting a 205 d turbo then putting the 306 lump in on bosh
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 05:32 PM)underground375 Wrote: Im thinking about getting a 205 d turbo then putting the 306 lump in on bosh

thats been done a lot though...and its an easy swap as theres so much room

Chris just make ya mind up...you go round in circles with plans more than me!!!

oh and if you do xud9 it, then can I have the tud5 exhaust mani and downpipe for turboing my wifes 106 please? Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hmm been done a lot but I bet they fly !!! I cant afford the prices on the gti's so coal it is Big Grin.
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 07:32 PM)underground375 Wrote: Hmm been done a lot but I bet they fly !!! I cant afford the prices on the gti's so coal it is Big Grin.

indeed...look on this forum project page...theres a few...and they go very well indeed
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 07:30 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(20-11-2013, 05:32 PM)underground375 Wrote: Im thinking about getting a 205 d turbo then putting the 306 lump in on bosh

oh and if you do xud9 it, then can I have the tud5 exhaust mani and downpipe for turboing my wifes 106 please? Wink

I never make my mind up lol I like to dream don't we all? I really would like to d turbo the 106 if I do I will be happy if I don't never mind, who knows what will happen lol

And as for down pipe if you need one that bad just buy one mine was only £18 from local motor factors Wink

Thanks given by:
(20-11-2013, 07:39 PM)Chris_90 Wrote:
(20-11-2013, 07:30 PM)Piggy Wrote:

I never make my mind up lol I like to dream don't we all? I really would like to d turbo the 106 if I do I will be happy if I don't never mind, who knows what will happen lol

And as for down pipe if you need one that bad just buy one mine was only £18 from local motor factors Wink

oh really...fair enough.
Just need a mani now

Then a return line done and I am almost ready to go!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Go for it would be good
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by:
As said a lot of effort.and after being in my mates stripped cammed 16v 106 XSI I'd drop one of those straight in! It shifts bloody well and is pretty good on fuel too
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Yep Craigus on here is putting a 106 gti lump in a 205 that should be good
[Image: mike_sig_zpsd438fb98.jpg]

Thanks given by: