Wiring loom dodgy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiring loom dodgy
Right i have just replaced my engine and got it all wired up and it turns over with the key fine.
But i can still make all my light on the dash come on with pressing the horn and without the key in HELP please
Sad
Thanks stewart
[Image: mintsig.jpg]
STAGE2 XUD DEAD ATM ENGINE REBUILD
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
COMING SOON TD04 Big Grin
Thanks given by:
First rule of weird electrical problems. Check earths! Try the one by the pedals and your engine ones
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Looked at them thay all look fine cant see no problems its all wired it same place it come from
GARRET T2-BOSCH PUMP-GROUNDED LDA PIN-GOV MOD-FMIC-STRAIT THRU STAINLESS EXHAUST SYSTEM
Thanks given by:
sounds def like an earth. My controls went crazy, hazards going on when turning on the radio, lights flashing when putting wipers on...all the earths looked fine but the one in the divers footwell had its washer slighty out and that was the culprit!
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
They might look fine but there might be something interfearing. Really need to check well. Could always get a multimeter and do a continuity check
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
oh i think thay aint got washers on them could that be the problem ?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wiring loom adoption mattbarker32 2 1,279 21-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Last Post: mattbarker32
  Wiring loom needed/passenger window stuck open... Mattinthehat 4 1,646 18-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Mattinthehat
  Dodgy wire stopping car from starting Nathan1305 8 2,139 14-07-2014, 07:55 AM
Last Post: darrenjlobb