Inlet Manifold Gasket

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inlet Manifold Gasket
I've noticed lately that the turbo is not boosting as it should and is more audible than usual. There's also a bit of smoke on boost, and tonight I noticed a bit of oil down the back of the engine. Shining a torch from under the car I can see a little piece of manifold gasket that's blown out. Revving the engine I can see it blowing a little.

The annoying thing is that this gasket was replaced when I did the cylinder head recently. I bought OE parts, which came in a Peugeot bag but were Elring branded (which by my understanding is reputable). Anyone had this happen before? The head was done at the start of the year.

Changing this is a shit of a job thanks to the manifold studs, I suppose I can only be thankful that the exhaust and manifold have separate gaskets and not a shared one like some do Undecided
'95 Peugeot 405 GLX with XU10J4RS and ITB's
'97 Peugeot 406 1.9TD with TD04
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
There's the problem

Get a steel gasket that's shared 1 peice won't fail again
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Definitely going steel this time! I had just assumed an OE part would last longer than this, and it's the gasket that Servicebox specified for this car, there's no option on there for a shared steel gasket. What a shit!
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:
Go to any motor factors and say you want the one peice steel gasket they should know what you mean there £6 at my local
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Yup, I had this myself. Word of advice, get it done as soon as possible otherwise it will carbon up all the surfaces and you will have to rub all the carbon off with sand paper and getting to the back of the cylinder head is a right farce, even when you've taken the studs out.
Thanks given by:
I got a gasket from Pug earlier in the year using a part number from ServiceBox, got given the metal one that covers both manifolds.
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys, replacement ordered.
'05 RenaultSport 182 Cup
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xantia manifold gasket Nathan1305 2 1,510 06-04-2015, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Exhaust and inlet manifold spacers and studs andyyy 1 1,131 15-03-2015, 01:51 AM
Last Post: zx_volcane
  XUD Inlet manifold studs Tom 19 4,069 08-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Ruan