Guilty Pleasure Cars

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guilty Pleasure Cars
So guys, we all have those cars which we know we shouldn't like, what's yours?

I caught myself looking at a new Mondeo estate yesterday, thinking "that looks nice, I wouldn't mind owning the diesel one". Nospeak
Thanks given by:
Fiat 500 abarth
Fiat punto abarth.
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 05:27 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Fiat 500 abarth
Fiat punto abarth.

Beat me to it. I think the 500 Abarth is a fantastic little car but like hell would i be seen in one! (mainly because i won't fit lol)
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Agreed, I'd love one but I'm not sure I could live with driving one day-to-day. I'm sure they're a hell of a lot of fun on a track day!
Thanks given by:
One of my supervisors had a jcw mini which he chopped in for a 500 abarth in a kind of gloss flat grey colour, looks awesome!
Thanks given by:
Actually really like the Kia Ceed Estates...
Thanks given by:
A Mondeo estate seems sensible and practical, not sure why that's a guilty pleasure.... I mean I could understand if you'd said a pink Micra cabby or similar.... lol
Thanks given by:
Love all small Fiats, Even the old Cinquecento sportings! Not many cars I hate TBH, everything has the potential to be good with enough imagination/effort/money thrown at it.

One standout one for me is the Nissan Cube, I love 'em Big Grin

[Image: 2zp12lw.png]

*Dons flame suit*
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 05:39 PM)vlj Wrote: Actually really like the Kia Ceed Estates...

I really like the look of the Pro Cee'd GT but i know it will be just as god awful as my one. Apparently their Petrol engines aren't that great. Does have a few nice toys on it though.

[Image: proceedGT_stitched360_white_00070.jpg]

[Image: kia_pro_ceed_gt_51ea603e8a665.jpg]
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Jesus! That interior!!

I love the new a class
[Image: 781b.png]

Really want one
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 05:41 PM)Toms306 Wrote: A Mondeo estate seems sensible and practical, not sure why that's a guilty pleasure.... I mean I could understand if you'd said a pink Micra cabby or similar.... lol

Because it's a bit of a grandad car compared to the R26
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 05:58 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Jesus! That interior!!

Lol i really like it and its actually a really good driving position. I can imagine with more power and better handling like the GT, they would be great to drive.
Agreed with the A class! Massive improvement on the last one.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Nissan Juke R.. Doh
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
I quite like to drive my Fiancees 07 punto so nice and quite, smooth, easy to drive. Keep saying I'm gonna get one but doubt it will ever happen lol

Thanks given by:
Pretty much all Skoda's. Not the best looking but it's VW quality without paying for the badge!
Thanks given by:
Mini gp works. Would love to drive one, but always think blokes look odd in any mini. I try not to be seen driving the Mrs' Cooper d but it is good fun.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
That KIA interior is sex!

Have to say a 500 abarth
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 05:24 PM)Scott Wrote: So guys, we all have those cars which we know we shouldn't like, what's yours?

I caught myself looking at a new Mondeo estate yesterday, thinking "that looks nice, I wouldn't mind owning the diesel one". Nospeak

Only 37.5k for a fully spec'd one lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nissan micra/march super turbo...
when in doubt...... flat out.
Thanks given by:
Mk2 Clio. My mate had one and it was shit, spent all of the time in his ownership fixing it. First job I ever did was all new valves after he snapped the cambelt at full chat. But ever since then I've always had a soft spot for them, and would like a 182 one day. Plus they look pretty awesome. Oh, and pops and bangs remap.
Thanks given by:
Old RWD Volvos, particularly 240s, 360s and 740s...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Volvos and Saabs
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 09:32 PM)strictly_perv Wrote: Volvos and Saabs

Oh yeah how the hell could i forget a saab 95 aero! lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
E46 320d touring with the Msport alloys. It's sensible, does decent mpg, I wouldn't give a shit about the paintwork that much (back to a good ol bucket and sponge Lol!) and I could chuck my mountain bike in it and go miles and miles on very little fuel in relative comfort.

Not ready to be an old man yet though, I enjoy driving too much!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ed that's exactly what the Bosnian workers in our factory drive! Probably for the same reason, except instead of a bike they carry a shit-load of tools!

Personally, MK1 Focus RS has always done something for me. I know it shouldn't really be a guilty pleasure, since it's quite highly regarded, but I have a lot of hate for the MK1 Focus. The interior is sh*t, the build quality is average and to drive them they are predictable and un-inspiring. But the RS...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
What do you mean "guilty pleasure"? Everything is rubbish compared to the 306! lol

/canofworms
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 09:55 AM)C.A.R. Wrote: Ed that's exactly what the Bosnian workers in our factory drive! Probably for the same reason, except instead of a bike they carry a shit-load of tools!

Personally, MK1 Focus RS has always done something for me. I know it shouldn't really be a guilty pleasure, since it's quite highly regarded, but I have a lot of hate for the MK1 Focus. The interior is sh*t, the build quality is average and to drive them they are predictable and un-inspiring. But the RS...

The RS is an excellent car. It's like the Delta Integrale, a pretty poor base vehicle transformed into a world beater.

Seriously considering a Volvo 740 now, apparently if you can find a diesel they like veg...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
My 306.

/thread
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 11:06 AM)me-tm Wrote: My 306.

/thread

Kind of agree. At times I really hate it. Cba with the thing! But I love driving it! Its never ever let me down! Needs minimal money spent on it.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 11:14 AM)kentiiboii Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 11:06 AM)me-tm Wrote: My 306.

/thread

Kind of agree. At times I really hate it. Cba with the thing! But I love driving it! Its never ever let me down! Needs minimal money spent on it.

My Ph1 XUD was more reliable than this HDi I have now. Only had it since August and I've already replaced the crank pulley with a solid one after it shat, and replaced all the brake discs and pads. lol
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Guilty Pleasure Music Ruan 64 16,263 23-10-2013, 07:55 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam
  Guilty Pleasure of the moment... Ruan 7 1,330 31-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Last Post: Poodle