Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car insurance!
Can someone tell me why this is.. Bottom
Quote is my current address and im
Moving 6miles out of town and look at the price difference could cry Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
All to do with the banding of your address, goes from A-F with A being the best.

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car...-list.html
Thanks given by:
But there both EX16 Sad
Thanks given by:
I also forgot to mention that this is how they work out insurance quotes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY
Thanks given by:
What ever you've posted i cant see as on my phone
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2013, 11:41 AM)Sian Wrote: What ever you've posted i cant see as on my phone

Youtube!

That any better?

EDIT: FFS, having trouble posting a link instead of a vid, bare with me.

EDIT 2: f*ck it, cba, bloody formatting.
Thanks given by:
Hahaa yeah can see now!
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2013, 11:39 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: I also forgot to mention that this is how they work out insurance quotes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY

Haha thats so true!
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
crazy...but typical, they make their own rules
Thanks given by:
I genuinely think they just make these prices up.

I live in Northern Ireland, the insurance here is absolutely dreadful because of the amount of joyriding etc. I got quoted 2k for my HDI. I asked why it was so high and Hughes stated 'because you live on a farm.'

On the other hand, I wish my insurance was as low as yours Dodgy
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah i do think they make it up sometimes as well, i have even been quoted online then rang up because you could not pay online only to get a completely different price all together, its a joke!
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 10:41 PM)LeeroyNI Wrote: I genuinely think they just make these prices up.

I live in Northern Ireland, the insurance here is absolutely dreadful because of the amount of joyriding etc. I got quoted 2k for my HDI. I asked why it was so high and Hughes stated 'because you live on a farm.'

On the other hand, I wish my insurance was as low as yours Dodgy
Plus side of being a lady Wink haha!!

(11-11-2013, 04:40 PM)itone24 Wrote: Lol yeah i do think they make it up sometimes as well, i have even been quoted online then rang up because you could not pay online only to get a completely different price all together, its a joke!
Yeah ive had that before so stupid im gonna try pay the 300 put right then ring up and change address lol! Cant do anything if ive already paid surely?
Thanks given by:
(11-11-2013, 04:40 PM)itone24 Wrote: Lol yeah i do think they make it up sometimes as well, i have even been quoted online then rang up because you could not pay online only to get a completely different price all together, its a joke!
Quote:Yeah ive had that before so stupid im gonna try pay the 300 put right then ring up and change address lol! Cant do anything if ive already paid surely?

When I moved and rung up to update the address, they wanted more. Wasn't much but they still charged.
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 12:22 PM)mr_fish Wrote:
Quote:Yeah ive had that before so stupid im gonna try pay the 300 put right then ring up and change address lol! Cant do anything if ive already paid surely?

When I moved and rung up to update the address, they wanted more. Wasn't much but they still charged.
Oh damn!! As long as they dont want the £400 odd! Didnt realise moving was such hassle Sad
Thanks given by:
Why not take out the cheap quote at the cheap address then call them to change address, bet they dont add 400 quid then.
Thanks given by:
Problem being, if they do want to charge you another £400 after you've paid £300 in full.. you'll be pretty screwed, because if you cancel they'll just charge a load of fees
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 01:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Why not take out the cheap quote at the cheap address then call them to change address, bet they dont add 400 quid then.

this^^^ i'd be surprised if they did . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 01:25 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Why not take out the cheap quote at the cheap address then call them to change address, bet they dont add 400 quid then.
I did say this a few comments up haha!!
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 01:31 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Problem being, if they do want to charge you another £400 after you've paid £300 in full.. you'll be pretty screwed, because if you cancel they'll just charge a load of fees
nope as insurance cos insurance counts as a financial product that gets a 15 day cooling off period in which you can cancel and get all your money back

(12-11-2013, 03:29 PM)Sian Wrote:

Yeah but it was a case of tl;dr
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2013, 04:59 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(12-11-2013, 01:31 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Problem being, if they do want to charge you another £400 after you've paid £300 in full.. you'll be pretty screwed, because if you cancel they'll just charge a load of fees
nope as insurance cos insurance counts as a financial product that gets a 15 day cooling off period in which you can cancel and get all your money back

(12-11-2013, 03:29 PM)Sian Wrote:

Yeah but it was a case of tl;dr

True. Although im not having a 6 for the winter anymore so cheap insurance on a 1.4 Sad the bianca will be back for the spring & the china is being sold !
Thanks given by: