handbrake adjustment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handbrake adjustment
right what's the crac on adjusting the handbrake on the HDi, as this car has discs at the back instead of drums,
never played with the 306 this way mind, as the two I have had were not a bother.
this ones hand brake is getting a little to high
Thanks given by:
Theres a 13mm nut under the hand brake, best to use a deep socket on there. remember to turn it clock wise with the hand brake off!
Thanks given by:
that's it? no need to do anything at the wheel end?
Thanks given by:
No that's if you have drums
Thanks given by:
Yeah thats correct lift up the centre console/hb surround.at the back and get a 13mm deep socket and adjust clockwise.
Disc handbrakes never that great anyway on these
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I dont know why people moan...

its discs...so yeah they wont hold on 3clicks like drums...but setup and maintained properly they will work well
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Id disagree with that piggy.
I agree they will work OK when everything'snew etc.
However the design of the internal lever is quite weak compared to say a VAG style caliper not allowing massive force from the cables.
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
but VAGs weigh as much as LGVs.

a 306 doesnt need as much effort applied...If you have a poor handbrake either something is worn out or badly fitted/adjusted.

the only exception to this rule is the fiat Cinquento (or however its spelt) and the hyundai atoz/atos. both of which barely scrape the brake test due to lack of rear end weight but still work great in real time
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Every single mot ive ever had with my 306 my handbrake efficiency has damn near failed it lol I have replaced wire and calipers and pads STILL shit on the handbrake :-(
Thanks given by:
(06-11-2013, 06:09 AM)Jukie88 Wrote: Every single mot ive ever had with my 306 my handbrake efficiency has damn near failed it lol I have replaced wire and calipers and pads STILL shit on the handbrake :-(

drums ftw i haz epic handbrake . . .(tup)
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Be thankful you don't have an old Citroën. Handbrake on front wheels ftl
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
cheers lads, i will give this a go tomorrow, mind metros are not that good either with their hand brakes, the cable layout is an odd ball, it all goes to the passanger side, back to the driver side. they seize up on the passanger side, right on the point where the cable splits off for the driver side, so the hand brake fails,
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  handbrake adjustment {BristolBoy} 5 1,433 21-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Piggy