My 1999 Estate

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 1999 Estate
ive only had this car a few weeks and im still sorting out its problems

its a 1999 t plate estate, in meridian spec

Good bits,

full service history, 2 owners from new, 1.9td xud, 95k, a lot of documentation from new as well as every mot, 5 brand new tyres, new radiator, new battery, ph3 front bumper, crappy alloys, new brakes pads, discs, shoes and pipes all round, abs works! back axles has had all new seals, bushes internal gubbins and what ever is in there all re furbed, got a receipt for nearly £800 showing what was done.

bad bits,

door looms buggered and no windows or mirrors working ( sorting that this coming weekend ) rear hubs are at different heights, 20mm difference causing a lean ( will be sorted, levelled and lowered this coming weekend ) bad alternator ( new one here, will be fitted this weekend ), most of the dash console lights don't works, waiting on replacement bulbs coming, few dents and scrapes, nothing much, mite get the paint and body sorted after i run the car for 6 months or so to see what its like

not sure what my plans are for it, or if i even have any other than a roof rack for my bike

[Image: IMAG0475.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0440.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0438.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0439-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looks good. Needs the rest of the ph3 kit putting on or put the ph2 bumper back.

Not sure what you plans are??............ Sounds like a good exscuse for a big boost XUD estate. Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
i plan on getting the rest of the ph3 stuff on once ive sorted all the problems out, ive already turned the lucas pump up a quarter turn, no smoke yet, but happy with the small increase in poke
Thanks given by:
needs 11mm bosch and big blower.......... it is an xud after all Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Walnut daaaash! Big Grin
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ha, walnut dash is long gone, now has a standard silver one.
Thanks given by:
I really like those seats in a 306
Thanks given by:
Yeah, they're way better than my poverty-spec velour seats.
[Image: MIRKxNP.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The seats are superb, need a wee bit of stitching re done on the driver side bolster, nothing bad though
Thanks given by:
My car is now problem free, sofar ive replaced the battery with a Bosch silver top, replaced a faulty alternator with a new 100amp one, sorted the abs, was just a broken wire on the rear offside, stripped the rear axle and sorted out a lean it had, car is all lever, but will replace the front springs as there a bit unhappy looking and sorted the dreaded door looms out, there still on the plugs, but if they prove to be a problem later on, then i will hard wire them and remove the plug set up
Thanks given by:
looks nice and tidy. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(09-11-2013, 11:45 PM)ArbGarry Wrote: My car is now problem free, sofar ive replaced the battery with a Bosch silver top, replaced a faulty alternator with a new 100amp one, sorted the abs, was just a broken wire on the rear offside, stripped the rear axle and sorted out a lean it had, car is all lever, but will replace the front springs as there a bit unhappy looking and sorted the dreaded door looms out, there still on the plugs, but if they prove to be a problem later on, then i will hard wire them and remove the plug set up

Can't be a real 306 then! Tongue

Tbf, sounds like you're putting a lot of effort into this, and its looking really good! A few cosmetic touches and it'll be a real minter! Good work! Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(10-11-2013, 12:59 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 11:45 PM)ArbGarry Wrote: My car is now problem free, sofar ive replaced the battery with a Bosch silver top, replaced a faulty alternator with a new 100amp one, sorted the abs, was just a broken wire on the rear offside, stripped the rear axle and sorted out a lean it had, car is all lever, but will replace the front springs as there a bit unhappy looking and sorted the dreaded door looms out, there still on the plugs, but if they prove to be a problem later on, then i will hard wire them and remove the plug set up

Can't be a real 306 then! Tongue

Tbf, sounds like you're putting a lot of effort into this, and its looking really good! A few cosmetic touches and it'll be a real minter! Good work! Big Grin

Its nearly problem free, i need to replace the rear wiper motor then its all good, car is going in for a full re-spray next Feb, mainly to sort all the bad bits out, but maybe for a colour change to, im also looking for better alloys, but plan on running the ones i have for a while, brand new tires the week before i bought it Smile
Thanks given by: