Another which car thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another which car thread
(23-10-2013, 08:37 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Flynn's too much of a lady garden to show his face

Oh be cool Sean I've shown respect to you in your Afghanistan threadUndecided To be fair you rarely bash me on here like the others, I guess I won't take offense on this occasion Nospeak By the way, I would shit myself if I had to go somewhere like that. A ladygarden wouldn't admit that kind of thing now would they?

Quote: I remember buyi wheels off Vaughan about ....4/5years ago? Before you'd even had a license...

Well, 5 years ago would be nearly 2009 which was when I bought my 306 and you are a year or two younger than I am so if anyone didn't even have a license back then it would have been youTMI
Thanks given by:
Yashar, f*ck off would you and stop trying to start an argument in every thread. Even think about carrying on with arguing on this thread and ill ban you. In fact, consider arguing in another thread and ill ban you. Actually mr Popularity, you are going to have to work very hard to stay on this forum

/lockstock

Jag diesel - Peugeot engine. Not the most refined engines but bullet proof
Alfa - i will be well and truly jealous if you do get one. Great looking cars and despite the rumours, they are fairly reliable
3 series - Nice looking car but every man and his dog owns one. Still expensive to repair (which is needed because they are not "reliable just because they are german" like a lot think"). Can look very nice and can go like stink

Thought about a Octavia VRS derv? Look nice, get better toys than a Audi/BM of its age and go better than the petrol VRS.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 08:54 PM)Niall Wrote: Thought about a Octavia VRS derv? Look nice, get better toys than a Audi/BM of its age and go better than the petrol VRS.

Funny you should say that - just been looking at them. Guy I work with has one, goes very well indeed!
Thanks given by:
If you're going VAG diesel, I'd get the newer Leon FR+! the 170 common rail engined FR.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 08:54 PM)306Puggy Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 08:37 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Flynn's too much of a lady garden to show his face

Oh be cool Sean I've shown respect to you in your Afghanistan threadUndecided To be fair you rarely bash me on here like the others, I guess I won't take offense on this occasion Nospeak By the way, I would shit myself if I had to go somewhere like that. A ladygarden wouldn't admit that kind of thing now would they?

Quote: I remember buyi wheels off Vaughan about ....4/5years ago? Before you'd even had a license...

Well, 5 years ago would be nearly 2009 which was when I bought my 306 and you are a year or two younger than I am so if anyone didn't even have a license back then it would have been youTMI

I'm not really sure where you are trying to go with this. What does it matter to you how long I've been on the forum?
Stay on topic, I'm looking for a new car. If you don't have advice on what car - then get the f*ck out.
Thanks.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:02 PM)vlj Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 08:54 PM)Niall Wrote: Thought about a Octavia VRS derv? Look nice, get better toys than a Audi/BM of its age and go better than the petrol VRS.

Funny you should say that - just been looking at them. Guy I work with has one, goes very well indeed!

Chronically bland though, you might actually have a hernia from pure, unadulterated boredom.

Hang on, what am i saying, you'll love it. :p
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:08 PM)Poodle Wrote:

Chronically bland though, you might actually have a hernia from pure, unadulterated boredom.

Hang on, what am i saying, you'll love it. :p

Watch it little man.
Thanks given by:
I love it when you call me that, sends shivers down my spine. You know what, hang tight daddy-man, i'm coming round!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Puggy I have to agree with you on 1 thing in this whole thread...our own action man ! I could not and would not do what Sean does everyday, so huge respect for you fella [FACE THROWING A KISS]

Back to cars....

I basically agree with Niall's reasons and choice BUT the Alfa has to be black with tan leather or a close 2nd of red with black leather. Alfas are basically car jewellery, look at those front lights [HEAVY BLACK HEART]️
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:11 PM)Poodle Wrote: I love it when you call me that, sends shivers down my spine. You know what, hang tight daddy-man, i'm coming round!

lmao

Can I come too? I'm a little man!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

For the love of God don't get an Octavia VRS!

They are terrible, small inside, uncomfortable, not especially well speced, apaulingly slow for a sports saloon (9.something 0-60) and have about half the cornering speed of the 330d, like understeer city, they eat front tyres (we've had them last less than 24 hours at work) and to top it all off the DSC box will not let you drive, even in full manual mode it wont let you hold the car at high revs it'll automatically shift up which is f*cking dangerous if it does it mid corner when your at or near the limit of grip.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:17 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: For the love of God don't get an Octavia VRS!

They are terrible, small inside, uncomfortable, not especially well speced, apaulingly slow for a sports saloon (9.something 0-60) and have about half the cornering speed of the 330d, like understeer city, they eat front tyres (we've had them last less than 24 hours at work) and to top it all off the DSC box will not let you drive, even in full manual mode it wont let you hold the car at high revs it'll automatically shift up which is f*cking dangerous if it does it mid corner when your at or near the limit of grip.

Sounds like a golf..

Thanks given by:

I had a mk2 petrol VRS on hire when my octavia was in the garage. Was on less than 200 miles and i wasn't impressed with the power but the handling and comfort was great!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:17 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

And this is coming from the man who has just recommended a 300C......
Anyway, Vaughan doesn't drive like a loon everywhere or reverse into everything. And even brand new, they are well spec'd. My old one was 16k and had loads of toys considering the money. Great car for the money IMO
Oh and they tripod nicely!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Wasn't it an Octavia VRS that Liam had? He wasn't happy with it I don't think.
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:25 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Wasn't it an Octavia VRS that Liam had? He wasn't happy with it I don't think.

IIRC he wasn't happy with the power/cost which as i said, when i had one for a day i agreed but the derv VRS is much better and takes very well to a remap!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Everyone has forgotten Vectra? Wtf.
Thanks given by:
Yes I'll admit that it is rich coming from someone who recommended a 300c but that has the benefit of being spacious inside, RWD, powerful and fast in a straight line at least.

IIRC the petrol VRS's are 4WD and so do handle really well as we were talking to HEMS who use the petrol VRS's and they were saying they were great and couldn't get over how much we hated ours.

There is no way either of our VRS's would tripod, they'd of understeered into something before they got anywhere near that point.
Thanks given by:
a) Petrol VRS are not 4wd. I know this for a fact. I proved this by leaving a substantial amount of 200 mile old front tyres on the road
b) If i can tripod my bog spec octavia, you can tripod a VRS one on stiffer suspension!

Your just not man enough Dum Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Cube

/thread
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:47 PM)amiek Wrote: Cube

/thread

Possibly the best answer yet!
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:55 PM)Scott Wrote:

/thread

Don't feed the troll
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:57 PM)vlj Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 09:55 PM)Scott Wrote:

/thread

Don't feed the troll

He owns half the Internet.... He can do what he likes..
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Vaughn, as scott said. Leon FR TDi. Look smart with the k1 kit on and come with nav/dual zone climate & cruise.

Servicing wont be crazy and it comes under the vw group so decent reliability. Easy mapped and good mpg.

/offtopic

Im no hero... the guys on the front line are heros! I got my medal for having to sit through a day of back to back lord of the rings extended editions and spending 90 days sunbathing! Anyone who read my 'blog' while i had it will know i never actually did much work!

but thanks all the same! Smile
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 09:17 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Just FYI, the auto box will use a turn angle sensor input to avoid this happening!

I do agree with you on not buying an Octavia though!!
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 08:41 PM)vlj Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 08:40 PM)Toms306 Wrote: I'd probably avoid a diesel Jag tbh, every one you see seems to be billowing coal! Confused

Won't claim to know anything about Jags, but I can just imagine their parts/servicing costs to be through the roof! Don't think a Jag is a 'me' sort of car really either lol!

Ones in that range are basically a Mondeo
Thanks given by:
Jag Xtype diesels are the old Ford zsd puma shit box engine, they smoke like lady gardens because they always invariably have f*cked EGR valves...

The Stype has the 2.7 v6 hdi in...
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
lmao I'm just picturing Vaughan in an s type!

Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 08:58 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: lmao I'm just picturing Vaughan in an s type!

I'm not..
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2013, 08:58 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: lmao I'm just picturing Vaughan in an s type!

i thought the image of vaughn in a 300c was even funnier!
Thanks given by: