Childrens Names

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Childrens Names
My input on the subject, I used to go to school with a girl called "Paige Watt"...
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 05:35 PM)Sian Wrote: You wont like my girls names then lmao haha!

There's nothing wrong with your girls' names, sure they're unusual, but as you say that's better than being common. If you'd called them massey giorja and... Well, i'm not sure how you could make a mess of lola rose, but anyway, if you'd done that and insisted everyone was pronouncing it wrong it'd be a different story lol. Imo of course, everyone's got different ideas of what's acceptable and what's not. I daresay i'll take some stick for the names i've got in mind for future children... Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 08:22 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 05:35 PM)Sian Wrote: You wont like my girls names then lmao haha!

There's nothing wrong with your girls' names, sure they're unusual, but as you say that's better than being common. If you'd called them massey giorja and... Well, i'm not sure how you could make a mess of lola rose, but anyway, if you'd done that and insisted everyone was pronouncing it wrong it'd be a different story lol. Imo of course, everyone's got different ideas of what's acceptable and what's not. I daresay i'll take some stick for the names i've got in mind for future children... Wink
Ah thats alright then lol! Macies middle name is after my grandad! But georgia instead of george lola is just lola rose as i like it! Least they have easy names to say! I always got called shaun at school! lmao ah what have you chosen lol!
Thanks given by:
Im all up for having unusual names for kids (just look at mine!) But i think there is a difference between unusual good and unusual "what the f*ck were you thinking"

Destiny....that is one name that really annoys me!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 08:34 PM)Niall Wrote: Im all up for having unusual names for kids (just look at mine!) But i think there is a difference between unusual good and unusual "what the f*ck were you thinking"

Don't lie niall thats your middle name Wink
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 08:33 PM)Sian Wrote: Least they have easy names to say! I always got called shaun at school! lmao ah what have you chosen lol!

Don't start with pronounciations..... Soon got fed up with my surname... 'Tom..errr...ummm...' 'Yeah that's me...' And sod spelling it over the phone for insurance or anything! Dodgy

Might change it to Smith or something. lol

Could be worse though....knew someone called Siobhan a while ago!
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 08:22 PM)Poodle Wrote: i'm not sure how you could make a mess of lola rose

Loler Roze innit
Thanks given by:
My little girl is called Harmony, we're expecting number two in April but no idea what we're having yet. Our agreement / arrangement is I get to name the girls she gets to name the boys (Christian names only) then we argue / barter over the middle names. Seems fair to me but then again I am winning so far lol
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 08:35 PM)Sian Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 08:34 PM)Niall Wrote: Im all up for having unusual names for kids (just look at mine!) But i think there is a difference between unusual good and unusual "what the f*ck were you thinking"

Nope. My middle name (well one of them) is equally as odd as my first name but both my middle names are after my granddads so they are that for a reason unlike these people who just decide they like a name because its "classy"
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 08:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 08:33 PM)Sian Wrote: Least they have easy names to say! I always got called shaun at school! lmao ah what have you chosen lol!

Don't start with pronounciations..... Soon got fed up with my surname... 'Tom..errr...ummm...' 'Yeah that's me...' And sod spelling it over the phone for insurance or anything! Dodgy

Might change it to Smith or something. lol

Could be worse though....knew someone called Siobhan a while ago!

I have to spell my name to anyone i call it pees me off why did mu mum name me that sian marie berks ! Embarrassment lol!!

(22-10-2013, 08:42 PM)Niall Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 08:35 PM)Sian Wrote:

Nope. My middle name (well one of them) is equally as odd as my first name but both my middle names are after my granddads so they are that for a reason unlike these people who just decide they like a name because its "classy"
Uh macie middle name is after my grandad. But lolas middle name was chosen cos it 'classy' Wink lmao
Thanks given by:
Vaughan. Thank you parents for that fuckin cracking name which nobody can spell properly, or even pronounce for that matter!
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 08:54 PM)vlj Wrote: Vaughan. Thank you parents for that fuckin cracking name which nobody can spell properly, or even pronounce for that matter!

*Vaughn
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
My daughters are called Ellody and Larissa. Can't really say they're not spelt right, and although different, i wouldnt say they're stupid either, but then i guess im biased! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought "dear god who has he knocked up?!" ?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 09:12 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought "dear god who has he knocked up?!" ?

Nope, I thought the same and it seems a few others did too lol
Thanks given by:
(22-10-2013, 09:23 PM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote:
(22-10-2013, 09:12 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: Am I the only one who saw the thread title and thought "dear god who has he knocked up?!" ?

Nope, I thought the same and it seems a few others did too lol

+1 lmao

I was actually disappointed with the thread content
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
I thought "jesus man, put him/her/it back before anyone notices!". lol

Lol Chris, can rely on you to lower the tone. Wink

Esmerelda is one that's probably going to get used, funnily enough Rose (or Rosemary) could be another. John is one for the boy/s side of things... Now i think about it, it always seems to be girls that get lumped with the slightly/totally bizarre stuff. Charli just mentioned that she's got a girl called princess at school, worries me....

Flol, apparently there's also one called (not allowed to tell cos confidentiality). Rofl

Edit: I do really like florence too actually...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My lass has already named the kids we don't have yet...

Ciaran or Rosin. At least she picked gaelic names, not one person in my family with an English name for some reason....
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
As for unusual spellings, I do get sick of having to spell "amie", some people even come back with "oh what aimee"... I think I know how to spell my name.

And if people have bad handwriting it hasn't been unknown for Amie to be mistaken for Annie, or even Arnie! (yes that was super embarrassing in school Sad)
Thanks given by:
Its nice to see that most people agree that there is stupid names but should they be allowed or should the parents who give them out be punished?

Should the government publish a list of acceptable names and make people pick off that like you get in one of the Scandinavian countries?
Thanks given by:
I think having a govt approved list is taking it a bit far, so-called aristocrats are some of the worst offenders as far as I can tell. Confused I'm not sure it's right to control something that personal, takes censorship to a whole new level. Besides, at least this way there's a sort of self-managing stupidity filter in place to warn us - "hi, what's your name? Daughan? No, no thanks, next!". lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I wanted to give my kids cool names, but then I think is it really right?

At the school my mum works at one nasty parent called her son John Doe and the girl Adele. I think that is wrong. Though Adele is not a bad name you can't have Adele doe.
Thanks given by:
Reminds me, went to school with a lass called Jenna Taylor. Say it out loud Wink
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 12:59 PM)wil_Dtub Wrote: I wanted to give my kids cool names, but then I think is it really right?

I think everyone wants their kid to have a cool name but IMO col should be naming them after someone cool like a grandparent who did something amazing or like the bloke who designed the spitfire (Reginald Joseph Mitchell) or something
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 10:03 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its nice to see that most people agree that there is stupid names but should they be allowed or should the parents who give them out be punished?

Should the government publish a list of acceptable names and make people pick off that like you get in one of the Scandinavian countries?

That'd be a bit pointless anyway imo, even if you legally had to have a certain name people could just use nicknames anyway... Infact, most of us probably use atleast a shorter version of our proper name.

I know lots of elderly people that didn't use their proper name...same with some foreign countries as well, my Dads wife uses a nickname completely different to her own....was a bit of a surprise at the wedding! lol
Thanks given by:
(23-10-2013, 04:04 PM)Toms306 Wrote:
(23-10-2013, 10:03 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Its nice to see that most people agree that there is stupid names but should they be allowed or should the parents who give them out be punished?

That'd be a bit pointless anyway imo, even if you legally had to have a certain name people could just use nicknames anyway... Infact, most of us probably use atleast a shorter version of our proper name.

I know lots of elderly people that didn't use their proper name...same with some foreign countries as well, my Dads wife uses a nickname completely different to her own....was a bit of a surprise at the wedding! lol

My dads mrs like that to. Always known her as Vicky, turns out he name is Elizabeth Undecided
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
My dad's called Victor Norman Andrews, calls himself Andy Big Grin

I think Victor is a cool name
Thanks given by:
There's a bloke at work called Dave, it was a bit weird finding out his real name is Hussein Elhasogolu cos Dave suits him so well.
Thanks given by:
I work with a lad called Guljara Rothore, or Bob lol
Thanks given by:
My mum worked on the midwife ward thing a while back and genuinly had some parents that let there 5 year old kid name there newborn twins.....

Luke (not so bad) And 'obi one' -. - Middle name star wars. And the parents were fine with that =/

Used to get kids called jesus on a weekly basis too =/
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car names thebluepearl 20 3,576 01-06-2014, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Matt
  HELP kitten names..... name picked ;) Chris_90 42 7,751 20-12-2013, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Nadine
  instagram names?? Chris_90 26 6,371 24-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Last Post: Matt