Where to go from here?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go from here?
Right guys i guess this subject is kind of touched upon alot, as in "hi everyone i got 1 post and im getting a td04 and 11mm pump, what is a pump? What does it do?"

But yeah i've been here a while seen a variety of different mods and im not really sure where to go now, so preferably people who have tuned further than me will be able to help out.

Now i have a td04 with a big downpipe and a 2.25 inch exhaust, a front mount intercooler and a bosch pump with just gov and lda grind. So im at "stage 3" so to speak and frankly im bored as shit. So basically i need help with choosing what mods to do next to give me more power. To list a few things going through my head, refurb injectors, big fuel lines and banjos, 11mm pump would probably re seal it aswell, meths, maybe even a different turbo. You get the point. Fire away!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
11mm pump, with some mods, 40psi, ARP headbolts, and an oil cooler.
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do you just want more power or do you want to beable to use that power to drive faster???
Thanks given by:
Need more power.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
I doubt that if you all ready have a td04 and a half decent setup pump.
Thanks given by:
Try a different turbo.

I know when max had the K04, that thing could not get boring.

I don't believe that you've had a boosted 205 for a week and saying you're bored already...

experiment with other turbos, TD04's arn't the be all...
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 05:42 PM)Tom Wrote: Need more power.

That's the kind of response that really inspires me to divulge information, offer help and put time and effort into finding you a bargain pump/turbo on eBay, I fully understand your needs and expectations too.

Owait.. lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Surely you need to start strengthening and uprating before going for more? Otherwise it'll only be briefly... Other than that, I'm out lol
Thanks given by:
Need more power please?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 05:50 PM)Tom Wrote: Need more power please?

*sighs*

Ok, what are you looking for in as much as driveability, budget, do you want it to go round corners, do you want top end power? Or maybe you're looking for something a bit quicker spooling, with more torque.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Top end power, i think i need to do something with the pump, surely a td04 should be plenty powerful til atleast 5k?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
more fuel, when I ran 40psi of boost with an 11mm it was savage.
Thanks given by:
Im currently at the point of bringing the idle up as the max fuel does, idle screw all the way out
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
HDI engine with serious fuelling and a big turbo.
GT2052s DTurbo
OEM+ HDI Estate
Project thread
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 06:10 PM)Ricky Wrote: HDI engine with serious fuelling and a big turbo.

Always wanted mtdi :/
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
yeah, you need an 11mm, or some proper internal trickery of that 9mm.
Thanks given by:
Thats the stuff no one discloses aha and im not smart enough to look at it and go oh yeah if i do this and that i will have more powaaaaaa!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
just go for an 11mm head then, with a gov/lda mod, that's all my old one was, pinned the gauge in like, every gear.
Thanks given by:
Chris is selling an 11mm for 90 quid.iirc
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Just sold i think.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Mate you live in Cornwall. Just go to Darren and even if he doesn't tell you his tuning secrets he will sort your pump out for you something rotten. He will probably do it for a few quid as well. He is a quality bloke.
Thanks given by:
you want one of those ebay power chips mate
Thanks given by:
the 11mm pumps still here, first with the cash gets it.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
£50 chris and you can keep the 11mm head!!

or £30 and keep the 11mm head and injectors!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Only selling it complete.
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cheapest complete?...pm me

and Tom...set that pump up right and you wont get bored of the power...11mm n td04 should see gti power and more
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2013, 06:33 PM)306Puggy Wrote: Mate you live in Cornwall. Just go to Darren and even if he doesn't tell you his tuning secrets he will sort your pump out for you something rotten. He will probably do it for a few quid as well. He is a quality bloke.

He is quality but hes a mega busy guy!

I guess an 11mm is the best way to proceed.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
How is your actual currewnt state of tune? Smoke - on/off boost? Is the turbo spooling when it should? Is the LDA set up properly?

After all that its going to be about budget and what you really want as Jonny said. Also to improve your current setup have a look into delivery valves before you go 11mm, just a 10 minute swap and will make a rude difference!!

Get it on the dyno to see if you are in the right ballpark for the mods you have already and there is not something else going wrong holding you back Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Delivery valves are hold to get hold of without buying a whole pump, which is really something i'd like to avoid if im only using them :/ Need to check local scrappies i think!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by: